Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2014, 12:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED

Hello everyone!

Fancy winning a brand new film? We all love a great revenge movie, so he's your chance to get your paws on the ultra-violent film full of pitch-black laughs and a great cast, including Elijah Wood.

It's super easy to enter and here's how...

Revenge For Jolly!

“A cross-breed of Superbad meets Pulp Fiction meets Cheech And Chong punctuated with gratuitous and gory violence.” -
GeeksofDoom.com

Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids), Ryan Phillippe (Damages) and Elijah Wood (Maniac) star in this ultra-violent and gratuitously gory actioner from the executive producer of “Machete” and “Black Swan”.

Key talent:

Elijah Wood (Maniac; The Lord Of The Rings)

Ryan Phillippe (Damages; The Lincoln Lawyer)

Kristen Wiig (Anchorman 2; The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty; Bridesmaids)

Adam Brody (Scream 4; Jennifer’s Body; The O.C.; Mr. and Mrs. Smith)

Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis; Drive)

Brian Petsos (How To Be A Man; Bridesmaids)

Amy Seimetz (The Killing; You’re Next)

Synopsis:

Harry (Petsos) is having the very worst kind of day. Deeply in debt to the wrong kind of people and harbouring thoughts of skipping town, he returns home from an all-night drinking binge with his cousin, Cecil (Isaac), to discover his little dog, Jolly, has been brutally murdered.

Broken-hearted and beyond consolation at the loss of the only source of light in his desperately bleak and solitary existence, Harry vows to track down the culprits and exact unmerciful revenge upon their sorry asses. Armed with an impressive and deadly arsenal of firepower in the boot of their car, the two cousins embark on a frenzied, alcohol-fuelled orgy of violent retribution, leaving no stone unturned in their search for the canine’s killer.

We Love It Because...

Action-packed, hilariously violent and boasting a subtle, cynical wit, “Revenge For Jolly” features a killer cast and some of the blackest humour we’ve ever come across. Almost certainly destined for cult status, this is a great “late-night, kicking back with your friends and going along for the ride” kind of movie.

Hot Quotes:

“It suggests an exciting new subgenre in canine noir, darkly comic thrillers dedicated to chronicling the spiritual bond between man and man’s best friend in the most dark, cynical, violent manner imaginable.” – Nathan Rabin, A.V. Club.

“Revenge For Jolly is often corrosively dark and incredibly bloody, but there’s a powerful sincerity at its core. It is, without a doubt, the most unexpectedly poignant movie ever made about a silly little dog.” – Nathan Rabin, A.V. Club.

“Revenge for Jolly’s sense of humor is what really sets it apart. It’s a dark comedy in every sense of the word. It's funny, it's violent, and it's got revenge.” – Flixist.com.

“This revenge fantasy delivers a highly enjoyable experience… distinctively entertaining… offers a consistent stream of laughs, two barbaric but charming anti-heroes, and the most outrageous excuse for shameless brutality that nearly anyone can get behind. For those who like to mix their dark comedy with over-the-top action, this film was made with you in mind.” – Sound On Sight.

“A cross-breed of Superbad meets Pulp Fiction meets Cheech And Chong punctuated with gratuitous and gory violence.” – GeeksOfDoom.com.

“A violent roller-coaster ride of a movie.” – DVD Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPIwTobVhc

Join the conversation on Twitter with #RevengeForJolly!

Revenge For Jolly comes to DVD and Blu-ray from Anchor Bay on the 14th April 2014. Pre-order yours from here!

TO WIN...

Simply come up with your over ultra-violent revenge film!

Using the image below, create a simple revenge movie using your Cult Labs' username.

Next week, we'll announce the three greatest entries and they'll each win a copy of this excellent new DVD/Blu-ray out Monday 14th - http://amzn.to/1kiLb8D

There's no limit to the amount of times you enter, so have some fun and come up with several films!

Good luck everyone!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-revenge-jolly-revenge-image-2-1-.jpg   Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-abd1117.jpg   Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-blu-ray-packshot.jpg  
Old 13th April 2014, 08:40 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Title: SPREADATOR

I have avenged my love of a BOOKSHELF after it was destoryed by ARNIE armed with a BUTTERKNIFE
Old 13th April 2014, 11:44 PM
Cult Addict

MAGNUN FORCE (a.k.a Magnun F.U)

Name:  NunsploitationConventColl_cvr_shot_s.gif
Views: 737
Size:  17.6 KB Name:  uncle.gif
Views: 698
Size:  14.8 KB

I avenge the loss of my Nunsploitation, against my arch nemesis the womble Uncle Bulgaria who swiped them when i had my back turned.
I decide to take him out using the 42 Mag'nun', the weapon of choice for all seriously p*ssed off nuns.(and of course nunchucks )

Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-magnun.jpg Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-9-nunchucks.jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 14th April 2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Title: The Crunch of Death

I avenge my love of crisps, after they were destroyed by robots. I attack them armed with an oboe. The frequency of the instrument is a pitch that can make the robots explode.

I WANT MY CRISPS! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th April 2014, 01:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Bright Oil Flames

Brian gets burned alive after gangsters pour oil on him because a deal went wrong. Then 10 years later the ghost of Brian returns to get revenge.

Starring Christoph Waltz, Diane Kruger, Audrey Tatou, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme and Directed by Timbur Bekmambetov
Old 15th April 2014, 02:15 AM
Cult Addict

Death Fish (a.k.a Where Seagulls Dare)

Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-pirate.jpg Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-nautilus.jpg

In this movie, i'm the vicious pirate Eggbeard who rediscovered Captain Nemo's 'Nautilus' in my younger days. It's me pride & joy,and after fixin' it up i'd often go out cruising in it, till it gets destroyed by an evil female nazi U boat commander Umlaut Austerlitz.

Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-submarine.jpg Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-nazi.jpg

Driven to despair i gather me crew and commandeer a new vessel the Crimson Codpiece, a sleek red phallic submarine and set of in pursuit of the dastardly villainess.
Spotting her sub The Gesundheit an epic battle ensues, resulting in both of our vessels being destroyed smashed on the rocks of a storm battered island. being the only survivor of my ship, i trail and pick off one by one Umlauts crew until were the only survivors. (using booby traps and throwing star-fish)
Finally we battle to the death using swordfishes.

Weekly Comp - Revenge For Jolly - 13th April 2014 - FINISHED-swordfish.jpg

Old 23rd April 2014, 11:14 PM
Cult Addict

Anyone know when this competition ends?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 23rd April 2014, 11:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Anyone know when this competition ends?
I think Kyle must have forgotten about it.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:24 PM
Cult Addict

Thats why i thought i'd ask.

Old 2nd May 2014, 08:49 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

The comp has indeed been extended! I'll end it just before the next one, which should go up on Sunday

So there's still time to enter!

Like this? Share it using the links below!