Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2010, 11:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cheers, vince. Excellent info as ever
Old 7th May 2010, 12:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I'd love to see the Ferman print of Salo. Apparently cut by 6 mins though it would be interesting to see just what was removed. The coprophagia, gay sex, and climactic torture scenes were among the edits but it would be fascinating to see just how the cuts were made. I agree with Ferman that, to keep the body of the story coherent, it was almost impossible to cut it. He also added a written prologue to the film, mentioning the historical aspect of De Sade's story & the town of Salo itself.

BBFC case study on the film here.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

2,54 mins of Brit horror flick "Mum & Dad" had to go for the German release to be sold and adverstised in public legally with an "FSK 18" cert:

Interested to get a peak on what German adults are not allowed to see?

Check out the pics, texts in German only though.

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni....php?ID=730470
Old 7th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Strange one that, as Mum & Dad never struck me as particularly controversial one I saw it. I know there is a great deal of cannibalism and even blasphemy, as you see in that rather unusual Christmas scene, but I didn't think it would be cut anywhere in Europe or the US.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Brit horror "The Last Horror Movie" got hit far worse by the German censors, loosing 8:49 mins (!) before landing on the dreaded "Index of Restricted Movies":

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni...ht.php?ID=2535

There's simply no limit to images in movies potentially deemed as "glorification of violence" or "in conflict with the human dignity" by the German do-gooders and "youth protectors" at the FSK and BPJM...

In april, the BPJM put the uncut "Saw VI" on the "index" BEFORE it even got a chance of reaching open sale in public shops....
Old 7th May 2010, 07:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hated The Last Horror Movie -- I thought it was a horribly pretentious and unnecessarily violent movie in which the central premise, that the DVD you've bought (or rented) has been taped over by a violent maniac who says that you are complicit in the murders because you're watching the film.

It simply doesn't work because you can't record over a finalised DVD!

I thought Julian Richards' most recent film, Summer Scars, was a much better film even though it was largely mediocre.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I thought it to be so-so after watching the uncut Scandinavian version, but I wouldn't have anticipated so many cuts to the German release

Haven't seen "Summer Scars" yet, but am always interested in hearing about new Brit horrors.

I still hope that one fine day the EU will get a ratings system applying to all countires- and as the majority of EU members treat adult audiences like adults, there'd be hoping that the Germans would have to skip their draconian, bueorcratic and utterly outdated censorship once and for all...
Old 7th May 2010, 08:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Every time we Brits think of complaining about the BBFC, we should imagine what it's like to live in Germany first!
Old 7th May 2010, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I guess the only ones who'd be sad seeing those various German "youth protection" boards and institutions reformed to a "normal 21st century state" would be those Austrian "uncut DVDs" internet shops, who're making a fortune with desperate German genre fans.
Old 7th May 2010, 08:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Every time we Brits think of complaining about the BBFC, we should imagine what it's like to live in Germany first!
Amen brother!

Like this? Share it using the links below!