Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Sickest horror movies ever made (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/592-sickest-horror-movies-ever-made.html)

horrorman 19th July 2008 05:45 PM

Sickest horror movies ever made

I have seen many sick horror movies and I have to say that faves of death and cannibal holocaust are the sickest alot of animal cruelty and shocking stuff In those films both must be seen fully uncut then you will see why I think they are the sickest.

what do you think Is the sickest movies ever made?

Angel 19th July 2008 07:07 PM

Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust but have seen Cannibal Ferox and would put it some where at the top. These type of films I force myself to watch. Murder Set Pieces & August Underground weren't exactly pleasant experiences either.

By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week. It's going to be murder watching it for me, I've put off watching it for years because I know I'm not going to like it.

Philleh 19th July 2008 07:22 PM

Stuff like Water Power, Femmes de Sade, Sex Wish, Hot Summer in the City and Forced Entry are vile pieces of work.

Then you have stuff like Slaughtered Vomit Dolls and ReGOREgitated Sacrifice - hideous stuff.

horrorman 19th July 2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10305)
Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust but have seen Cannibal Ferox and would put it some where at the top. These type of films I force myself to watch. Murder Set Pieces & August Underground weren't exactly pleasant experiences either.

By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week. It's going to be murder watching it for me, I've put off watching it for years because I know I'm not going to like it.

You must see Cannibal holocaust I think you will enjoy It I would recommend If you dont have a strong stomach watch the uk cut version.

Angel 19th July 2008 07:32 PM

Sorry, Horrorman, but there's no chance whatsoever of me enjoying it. I watch these films for censorship reasons nothing more. I don't have a strong stomach by the way and would definitely describe myself as being quite squeamish especially in regards to animal cruelty and sexual violence.

Anyway will post my comments on the film next week. Apologies but they are likely to be quite scathing.

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th July 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10314)
Sorry, Horrorman, but there's no chance whatsoever of me enjoying it. I watch these films for censorship reasons nothing more. I don't have a strong stomach by the way and would definitely describe myself as being quite squeamish especially in regards to animal cruelty and sexual violence.

Anyway will post my comments on the film next week. Apologies but they are likely to be quite scathing.

I thought I'd enjoy Cannibal Holocaust. I picked up an uncut copy in the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Elysees when I was on holiday in Paris (part of the reason for going was so the other half could get an uncut version of Commando!) and partly wished I hadn't bothered when I got it home. Although I liked the film-within-a-film structure I didn't care for watching any of the animal cruelty. And, despite me being somewhat desensitised, I found some of the scenes of sexual violence a bit too hard to handle.

The only reason I hang on to it is it's a holiday souvenir!

vincenzo 19th July 2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10305)
By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week.

You have my sympathies Angel. Just don't eat while you're watching it. http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...ilies/ack2.gif

I watched Salon Kitty last night and I'm still trying to work out the point of the genuine slaughterhouse sequence. It did nothing for the movie whatsoever.

Halloween_22 20th July 2008 12:35 AM

Men Behind the Sun has gotta be up there, that is one sick film. I've seen AU and MSP and the like but they're nothing compared to that. Got it fully uncut and some of the scenes are seriously horrific :ack:

Angel 20th July 2008 09:47 AM

Haven't seen Men Behind the Sun but the BBFC only cut one scene. Perhaps it was a shocking but non exploitative film. The video was only to be sold in London's Chinatown anyway so this may also have played a part in their "leniency". It would be interesting to see what they make of it today though as some people say the scene with the cat was faked.

I've seen Sex Wish by the way. This film has less chance of passing than MSP.

Halloween_22 20th July 2008 10:53 AM

Yeah, It's not a particularly exploitative film considering how truly sickening some of the scenes are, I guess maybe the reason they were more leniant with it might have something to do with the fact it's based on real events that happened in Japan in WWII. The fact that it's presented as a portrayal of real events rather than as an all out exploitation film might make them view it in a different light.
Do you know which scene was cut Angel? Was it the cat scene or the decompression chamber scene?