Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Suspiria (1977) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/2140-suspiria-1977-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 08:47 PM

It's a sorry state of affairs on the British High Streets mate,and HMV are holding all the cards right now.
HMV has always been the best for selection in niche titles anyway.....

Releasing genre tiles for ANY company in this ecconomic climate is a big gamble and without the likes of HMV,it would no doubt be disastrous...:(

Evilinski 21st January 2010 11:02 PM

I meant dawn of the dead bluray not suspiria, almar.
Yeah it´s good there selling good dvds/bluray on HMV it´s a shame that we that don´t live in GB won´t get does dvd because they can´t run a online store and dont deliver to does who has prebooked, never heard of thinks like this before HMV. Been buying dvds for 15 years over the internet and NEVER had problems like HMV!

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 09:32 AM

Yup - well eventually Dawn will become available on Amazon and no more HMV exclusives are currently planned.

Ken 22nd January 2010 09:42 AM

This is so Sad news i look forward to going out and hand picking from the store its all part of the fun of buying a film. :(

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 09:45 AM

You'll still be able to buy them in HMV stores - it's just when they have an exclusive they get sol selling rights - that's what will be changed so you can still pick it up in a shop and to that end god bless HMV for existing at all!

Pete 22nd January 2010 01:19 PM

Couldn't find any of these in HMV today.

nekromantik 22nd January 2010 01:28 PM

Yeah my store didnt have it either but not checked the other store as its other end of bristol lol

This is why I pre-order, so I know I will get a a copy and it will be cheaper then instore and most of the time I get it early. Amazon messed up this time so no more pre-orders from them.

Splatterdragon73 23rd January 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 58946)
Couldn't find any of these in HMV today.

Yeah, the Newcastle and Gateshead branches had a complete lack of Suspiria releases on their shelves today too.
A deplorable state of affairs no question about it!:(

Thank God Play.com delivered my pre-ordered copies only a few days ago!

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd January 2010 02:34 PM

Yup this title sold a lot quicker than expected - new stock has been manufactured and delivered to Sony so by next week all should be well...

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd January 2010 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Almar@Cult Labs;59113]Yup this title sold a lot quicker than expected.QUOTE]

And HMV said it wasn't a big enough title to be stocked in all the stores? Shows how much they know about the buying public!