Cult Labs

Cult Labs (http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Modern Movies (http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/modern-movies/)
-   -   The Shouting Men (http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/modern-movies/2433-shouting-men.html)

Sam@Cult Labs 02-25-2010 05:20 PM

The Shouting Men

One for Cult Labbers who enjoy Football when they take some time off from the blood and horror...

THE SHOUTING MEN

THE ROAD TO WEMBLEY JUST TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE

Football and comedy fans will experience plenty of laugh-out-loud moments in The Shouting Men, a brand new British comedy film from co-writers and stars Matt Daniel-Baker and Warren Llambias and director Steve Kelly. Also starring Dudley Sutton, Tony Denham, Craig Fairbrass, weather girl and TV presenter Lara Lewington and featuring cameo appearances from a variety of well-known faces from the football world including England football legends John Barnes and Peter Beardsley, the film chronicles the uproarious misadventures of a group of football supporters during a cross-country “away day” weekend to watch their beloved team play in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

When Gillingham FC draw Newcastle United away in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, ten loyal Gills fans decide the opportunity to travel the 306 miles from Priestfield Stadium in Kent to St. James’ Park to witness what promises to be the game of the season and to enjoy the delights of the Tyneside nightlife is too good to miss. While queuing to buy tickets for the match they meet wheelchair-bound fan Terry (Daniel-Baker), who reveals he can provide them with free fuel and minibus hire for the weekend on the condition that they take him with them. Assuming Terry’s presence to be nothing more than a minor inconvenience when compared to his generous offer, the gang agrees to have him along only to discover there is more to their new companion than meets the eye. But Terry proves to be just one of the many hindrances the group must overcome on their epic journey north if they are to make it to the game on time.

An amiable British comedy about a totally mismatched group of characters, brought together by football in the way that only football can do, The Shouting Men perfectly captures the inane but hilarious banter of footie fans and if you’re fed up with football films always being about football violence this is a welcome and very funny look at the lighter side of the beautiful game – a real comedy for real football fans.

And just in case you were wondering, the film’s rather apt title comes from the Latin phrase “domus clamantium” – or “home of the shouting men” – Gillingham FC’s club motto and a traditional epithet associated with the town of Gillingham.

The Shouting Men (cert. tbc) is released by Kaleidoscope Entertainment and will open at selected UK cinemas on 5th March 2010.

Pete 02-25-2010 05:26 PM

I gather this finnished production before Newcastle were relegated

I might go and see this one, it's nice to see a good humored football film rather another bloody hooligan wankfest.;):tongue1:

LineSix 02-25-2010 06:28 PM

The only two worthwhile football hooligan films are the original 'The Firm' with Gary Oldman, the Alan Clarke masterpiece and recently I've watched Awaydays which I thought was a great film as it as much about the music scene at the time as it is the hooliganism aspect.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 02-25-2010 08:06 PM

Yeah they've taken over from the 'Brit gangster' theme.....
Yeah nice to see a football comedy.:nod:

Sam@Cult Labs 03-04-2010 12:09 PM

Premiere!

Brit Flick directors are in the exploitation business like so many others.

Why make an original, interesting film when you can give people what they really want... Cockney geezers knocking ten bells out of each other and maybe the odd kneecapping.

That's why I liked The Shouting Men, It was a surprise to see a football movie where no one got a Stanley in the face.

And on a lighter note, here's the footage from Tuesdays premiere:

Sam@Cult Labs 04-12-2010 07:49 AM

Out out out now!

THE SHOUTING MEN IS RELEASED TODAY

FOOTBALL FANS... Support a Footie movie that doesn't rely on Hooligan cliches.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...utingcover.jpg