Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Modern Movies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Drive angry 3d

Ok now i don't know about you guys but i wasn't that fussed on seeing this film at first then i heard it was an 18 and after reading why on the bbfc site, i am really exited to see this film.

Click the link to find out how awesome this sounds...

DRIVE ANGRY 3S BBFC
Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I have already booked tickets for this Thursday.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

might catch this Friday if the guy still pays for me

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Ok now i don't know about you guys but i wasn't that fussed on seeing this film at first then i heard it was an 18 and after reading why on the bbfc site, i am really exited to see this film.

DRIVE ANGRY 3S BBFC
They had me at 'gardening implements'...

Plus, Amber Heard is a little hottie, so I may have to check this one out too.

Here's the trailer:

Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

the sex and shooting scene is so funni lol

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 02-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post

DRIVE ANGRY 3S BBFC

DRIVE ANGRY is an action thriller about a dead criminal who escapes from Hell to save his infant granddaughter from being sacrificed by a Satanic cult. The film was classified '18' for strong gory violence and sex.

The film contains a number of sequences containing strong gory violence. Some of these scenes exceed what may be permitted by the BBFC's Guidelines at '15' which state 'Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury. The strongest gory images are unlikely to be acceptable. Strong sadistic or sexualised violence is also unlikely to be acceptable'. Much of the strong violence occurs during extended gunfire exchanges but there is also some use of other weaponry, including knives, baseball bats and gardening implements. The impacts from these weapons results in copious bloody injuries and gory moments, including a man's hand being blown off by a shotgun. Another scene features a character who is impaled to a wall by one broken half of a baseball bat, with the other half then being hurled through his eye. The messy result is then shown in close-up, in 3D, and constitutes a very strong gory image. The violent set-pieces in the film tend to be fast-moving events in which there is little time to linger on the bloody injuries inflicted but there are some scenes of more personalised violence, including one in which a knife is stabbed into the leg wound of a shotgun victim as he is interrogated. The level of sadistic relish in this scene was unacceptable below '18'.

The film also contains sequences that juxtapose sex and violence, most notably a scene in which the central character is attacked by a group of men in a motel room as he is having sex with a fully naked woman. The character reacts by opening fire on his assailants whilst continuing to have sex, as well as smoking a cigar and drinking alcohol. It is strongly implied that the woman is deriving sexual pleasure during the fight. Although the sequence is highly stylised and implausible, the conflation of gunplay, sex, nudity and drinking lends a sexualised edge to the violence that exceeds the terms of the '15' Guidelines. Another scene features a fight between two women, one of whom is naked. The prurient focus on her nudity as she is dragged from a house and then struck with heavy blows again lends the violence a titillatory sexualised quality that would be unsuitable at '15'.

The film also contains strong language and sex references.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post

DRIVE ANGRY is an action thriller about a dead criminal who escapes from Hell to save his infant granddaughter from being sacrificed by a Satanic cult. The film was classified '18' for strong gory violence and sex.

The film contains a number of sequences containing strong gory violence. Some of these scenes exceed what may be permitted by the BBFC's Guidelines at '15' which state 'Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury. The strongest gory images are unlikely to be acceptable. Strong sadistic or sexualised violence is also unlikely to be acceptable'. Much of the strong violence occurs during extended gunfire exchanges but there is also some use of other weaponry, including knives, baseball bats and gardening implements. The impacts from these weapons results in copious bloody injuries and gory moments, including a man's hand being blown off by a shotgun. Another scene features a character who is impaled to a wall by one broken half of a baseball bat, with the other half then being hurled through his eye. The messy result is then shown in close-up, in 3D, and constitutes a very strong gory image. The violent set-pieces in the film tend to be fast-moving events in which there is little time to linger on the bloody injuries inflicted but there are some scenes of more personalised violence, including one in which a knife is stabbed into the leg wound of a shotgun victim as he is interrogated. The level of sadistic relish in this scene was unacceptable below '18'.

The film also contains sequences that juxtapose sex and violence, most notably a scene in which the central character is attacked by a group of men in a motel room as he is having sex with a fully naked woman. The character reacts by opening fire on his assailants whilst continuing to have sex, as well as smoking a cigar and drinking alcohol. It is strongly implied that the woman is deriving sexual pleasure during the fight. Although the sequence is highly stylised and implausible, the conflation of gunplay, sex, nudity and drinking lends a sexualised edge to the violence that exceeds the terms of the '15' Guidelines. Another scene features a fight between two women, one of whom is naked. The prurient focus on her nudity as she is dragged from a house and then struck with heavy blows again lends the violence a titillatory sexualised quality that would be unsuitable at '15'.

The film also contains strong language and sex references.
Yep! Definitely be checking this out on Friday. Sounds like my cup of tea, despite another dodgy Nicholas Cage hairdo!

You make it easy.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I saw this tonight and am happy to report that it rocks!

Yes, it's daft and no, there's nothing but the flimsiest of plots to propel the action but it's so unapologetic in its outrageousness it must be seen to be believed!

Definitely wears its 18 cert like a badge of honour and 3D effects are great too. Not the best, but certainly the enjoyable film I've seen in the cinema so far this year.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Cultist

Hearing good things about this from all corners. looks like a riot.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I saw this tonight and am happy to report that it rocks!

Yes, it's daft and no, there's nothing but the flimsiest of plots to propel the action but it's so unapologetic in its outrageousness it must be seen to be believed!

Definitely wears its 18 cert like a badge of honour and 3D effects are great too. Not the best, but certainly the enjoyable film I've seen in the cinema so far this year.
Saw it on Friday. Totally concur with everything you've said Paul, very enjoyable.

But hey, Amber Heard in a '69 Dodge Charger? I'm easily pleased.

You make it easy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!