Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Sad news about Tony Iommi. I hope he has a recovery like that of Nergal from Behemoth, rather than the outcome that Ronnie Dio had.

Just shows these guys are not as immortal as we think they are.

Hope he get's well soon.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Does everyone know about this website?

It looks brilliant, absolutely full of reviews, discography info, everything you want to know.

Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Home
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:39 PM
Cult Master

I just love Darkthrone. I know that people say they sold out and so on because they have become less Black Metal but i think its great that they do what they want to do. To me the last few albums are great and the sound is more back to the first wave of Black Metal from the 80s. If Darkthrone sold out they would play live because they have been offered a ton of money to do so and keep turning it down.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Personally, I haven't really dug anything since Plaguewielder, although Dark Thrones and Black Flags was OK. A Blaze In The Northern Sky is still incredible though, In The Shadow Of The Horns has got such a groove riff running through it!

I don't get what you mean about playing live though, Darkthrone play shows all the time? I think you're getting mixed up with Burzum.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Cult Master

Darkthrone never play live only in the very early day they played you can find some really bad footage of them live on youtube. Ted or Nocturno Culto has played live a few time doing vocals on Darkthrone songs with the likes of Satyricon but never under the name of Darkthrone with Fenriz. On a side note Varg said the only way Burzum would ever play live was if Fenriz would play Drums but he knows that will never happen.
Old 14th January 2012, 07:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Does everyone know about this website?

It looks brilliant, absolutely full of reviews, discography info, everything you want to know.

Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Home
Ha! That's the site I always use, Dem - very very useful!

Also, check out this - it's very different, but pretty awesome - Map of Metal
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th January 2012, 09:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Darkthrone never play live only in the very early day they played you can find some really bad footage of them live on youtube. Ted or Nocturno Culto has played live a few time doing vocals on Darkthrone songs with the likes of Satyricon but never under the name of Darkthrone with Fenriz. On a side note Varg said the only way Burzum would ever play live was if Fenriz would play Drums but he knows that will never happen.
Live From The Past has stuff from 2006 on it, and I've got a live bootleg (somewhere!) from a show in 97. I know they turned down Bloodstock (at least I think it was) in 2001?

I think I'd rather watch Miley Cyrus than a Burzum show. A man purely for record, that one!
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 14th January 2012, 09:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Live From The Past has stuff from 2006 on it, and I've got a live bootleg (somewhere!) from a show in 97. I know they turned down Bloodstock (at least I think it was) in 2001?

I think I'd rather watch Miley Cyrus than a Burzum show. A man purely for record, that one!
As far as i knew Nocturno plays live but only a few guest appearances like with Enslaved in 2009 and Satryicon at Wacken in 2004 i think dont think Fenriz will play live. Maybe im wrong if i am sorry.

I agree with you about Burzum dont think he could pull off the atmosphere of the albums in a live setting.
Old 14th January 2012, 09:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Ha! That's the site I always use, Dem - very very useful!

Also, check out this - it's very different, but pretty awesome - Map of Metal
I have never really looked up metal reference sites before i just came across this one earlier today.

I am my own metal reference manual with my 27 years of buying the mags, lp's, and cd's and just generally loving it.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Fall - Greenway - YouTube
PaulD likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!