Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2011, 10:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

ha ha yeah
I was talking about a certain horror website too that has a lot of member bashing going on and people being unplesent. Shame really as its a really good website. I love it here though, so many friendly people who I hope I can get to know more

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 11:34 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
ha ha yeah
I was talking about a certain horror website too that has a lot of member bashing going on and people being unplesent. Shame really as its a really good website. I love it here though, so many friendly people who I hope I can get to know more
I think I know which one you mean.
Old 18th January 2011, 12:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think people will know which site you mean even without mentioning or giving hints to which one it is. The friendly nature of Cult Labs wasn't the reason I joined, but it is the reason I stuck around and it has become the #1 forum I visit because I receive so many recommendations and have many different thre threads in which I can talk about movies.

Anyway, back on topic, I wonder how long it will be until the BBFC relax their policies and guidelines even further and we see a shift similar to that in 1999 but to a lesser extent as peop distributors begin appealing previous rulings. I reckon it will take a decade or so so maybe in 2025 or thereabouts we will see an uncut version of the New York Ripper released in the UK with the BBFC's blessing. Either that or a radical governments will introduce legislation to allow 'unrated' DVD/BDs as long as they do not breach UK legislation. Sadly this will not permit films with ani animal cruelty but would work in the case of films like New York Ripper, A Serbian Film or I Spit on Your Grave.
Old 18th January 2011, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think people will know which site you mean even without mentioning or giving hints to which one it is. The friendly nature of Cult Labs wasn't the reason I joined, but it is the reason I stuck around and it has become the #1 forum I visit because I receive so many recommendations and have many different thre threads in which I can talk about movies.

Anyway, back on topic, I wonder how long it will be until the BBFC relax their policies and guidelines even further and we see a shift similar to that in 1999 but to a lesser extent as peop distributors begin appealing previous rulings. I reckon it will take a decade or so so maybe in 2025 or thereabouts we will see an uncut version of the New York Ripper released in the UK with the BBFC's blessing. Either that or a radical governments will introduce legislation to allow 'unrated' DVD/BDs as long as they do not breach UK legislation. Sadly this will not permit films with ani animal cruelty but would work in the case of films like New York Ripper, A Serbian Film or I Spit on Your Grave.
Imo I dont think the BBFC will ever really loosen that much tbh, yes they have improved a lot recently but sexual violence and kids in sexual scenes between adults (i.e serbian film) will never be be seen as ok by them.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know the BBFC would never agree to it but I was talking about 'unrated' releases like they have in the US where anything can be included as long as it doesn't break the law. A Serbian Film, New York Ripper and I Spit on Your Grave don't contain anything that would run afoul of UK legislation, only the BBFC's policies and guidelines.
Old 18th January 2011, 01:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I know the BBFC would never agree to it but I was talking about 'unrated' releases like they have in the US where anything can be included as long as it doesn't break the law. A Serbian Film, New York Ripper and I Spit on Your Grave don't contain anything that would run afoul of UK legislation, only the BBFC's policies and guidelines.
Yeah thats true.
But then again its not very likely that they will allow unrated releases as that means anything can be released here and thats the main reason the BBFC exists, to stop that. Maybe im wrong who knows ha ha.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 01:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I do think that re submission's by the same company of the same film for a new format should be looked at for free by the BBFC though.
Shameless have now paid the BBFC 2 fee's plus an appeal for the same film in under 5 years (i think) and thats a substantial amount of money imo.
Old 18th January 2011, 01:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Yeah thats true.
But then again its not very likely that they will allow unrated releases as that means anything can be released here and thats the main reason the BBFC exists, to stop that. Maybe im wrong who knows ha ha.
True, plus as long as we have the OPA there will never be an unrated option unless they ammend it in some way.
Old 18th January 2011, 01:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I do think that re submission's by the same company of the same film for a new format should be looked at for free by the BBFC though.
Shameless have now paid the BBFC 2 fee's plus an appeal for the same film in under 5 years (i think) and thats a substantial amount of money imo.
yeah its wasted money really. they should not ask for more money on a film thats already been submitted and further more they HAVE to submit a film in the first place as its the law so why charge them when its something that they would be happy to do without. The BBFC should be paying the fees as its their and the governments policy for films to be rated.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 01:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

In their eyes they're protecting us from violent images that could harm us in such a way that we'd all end up disturbed for life so they probably think they dont get paid enough....lol

I wonder if the BBFC actually believe that, ? and if so , what makes a film like NYR lose its potential to cause us harm and disturb us so that it gets un banned and released in glorious hi def with just a 19s cut .(think its 19) ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!