Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Obsession - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6857-obsession-official-announcement.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 01:24 PM

Obsession - Official Announcement

Obsession DVD (ArrowDrome)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DVDFront3D.jpg

THE LOVE STORY THAT WILL SCARE THE LIFE OUT OF YOU

High melodrama, creeping insanity and barely contained delirium abound in this dizzying tribute to the high tension thrillers of Alfred Hitchcock from director Brian De Palma (Carrie, Scarface, Dressed to Kill)

Michael Courtland is a Southern gentleman who seems to have everything - A successful business, a beautiful wife and an adoring young daughter – until a botched kidnapping tears his world apart leaving him widowed, bereaved and bereft. Years later on a trip to Italy, he meets a woman with an uncanny resemblance to his late wife but all is not how it appears as a twisted conspiracy threatens to unhinge his mental shackles, sending him to the knife edge of MADNESS!

A master class in mounting unease and clammy palmed claustrophobia, Obsession is a classic 70s thriller with an evil twist that will leave you speechless.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES INTERVIEWS WITH DIRECTOR BRIAN DE PALMA, STARS CLIFF ROBERTSON AND GENEVIEVE BUJOLD AND MORE, ORIGINAL TRAILER + A NEW BOOKLET BY AUTHOR BRAD STEVENS!

96 mins approx
English Language
English subtitles for the hard of hearing
RRP £9.99
Released 30 January 2012

You can Pre-Order Arrowdrome's Obsession here...

- Amazon

- HMV

- Play

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th September 2011 02:29 PM

I imagine this is great news for those who haven't made the jump to Blu-ray yet. Also, I may end up buying this to keep my ArrowDrome collection going!

springjack 4th October 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 186064)
I imagine this is great news for those who haven't made the jump to Blu-ray yet. Also, I may end up buying this to keep my ArrowDrome collection going!

Shortage of extras... no buy.

skankenstoned 6th October 2011 07:19 PM

Hoo-Ray!!!! ArrowDrome is really coming along nicely:)

TyneBridges 7th October 2011 11:21 AM

I'd love to see this (and have a Blu-ray player) but haven't yet ordered the (current) Blu-ray. Is the consensus that this is still likely to be the better bet - that the extras and the film quality make the Blu-ray worth the extra cost?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyneBridges (Post 187942)
I'd love to see this (and have a Blu-ray player) but haven't yet ordered the Blu-ray. Is the consensus that this is still likely to be the better bet - that the extras and the film quality make the Blu-ray worth the extra cost?

I haven't seen Obsession on DVD, but Blu-ray has such great storage capacity that, whether it's a small or massive improvement, a BD will always have better picture and sound quality than a DVD.

Slippery Jack 7th October 2011 02:58 PM

Seen very few De Palma films aside from the obvious. Might give this one a go . . .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 03:04 PM

If you are not sure about a film and you have the choice of buying the Arrow Video BD for around £19.99 or the ArrowDrome DVD for about £7.99, I'd go for the latter and, if you really like it, upgrade to the BD!

TyneBridges 7th October 2011 04:07 PM

As I'm a DePalma fan and also think Bernard Herrmann was a great composer, I've ordered the Blu-ray anyway, along with a DVD of Body Double, which I've seen and enjoyed. I was confused initially by the fact that the Blu-ray of Obsession has come out before the DVD.

On further checking I see that the current Blu-ray and the DVD being released in December are from the same company, so it's unlikely that there'll be a cheaper Blu-ray edition, and there's only about £6 difference in the prices anyway.

TyneBridges 15th February 2012 11:27 AM

I got the Obsession Blu-ray and have to admit I was disappointed in the film. The disc was OK (satisfactory picture and sound) but the whole thing looks dated and rather clumsy, and Herrmann's music comes across as heavy-handed. Not a patch on Carrie in any respect, and not as good as Body Double or Blowout.