Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2017, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict

From Facebook

"Legendary schlock-master Bruno Mattei (RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR) really outdid himself with 1980's classic video nasty bile-fest ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH. Banned by the British authorities back in the early days of VHS, thanks to its scenes of innards-chewing, eye-popping and throat-ripping excess, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is a strangely moral eco-horror film that warns against the very real terrors of nuclear pollution and chemical fallout as residents in Papua, New Guinea are turned into flesh-hungry undead denizens! Directed with the splatter-enthusiastic aplomb that one would expect from Mattei - one of the underrated auteurs of golden age Italian gore - and penned by the iconic Z-movie maverick Claudio Fragrasso (ZOMBI 3/ TROLL 2), it is tough to deny that ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is every bit as eerily entertaining as it was almost 40 years ago!
Now present uncut and uncensored, in an aesthetic presentation that will sizzle your senses, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is back to chew its way into your living room - courtesy of 88 Films and its ever-impressive Italian Collection!
Special features tbc - and of course you will get a collector's slipcover!"
Old 21st April 2017, 11:52 AM
Cult Master

"A little something for your Friday...

Legendary schlock-master Bruno Mattei (RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR) really outdid himself with 1980's classic video nasty bile-fest ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH. Banned by the British authorities back in the early days of VHS, thanks to its scenes of innards-chewing, eye-popping and throat-ripping excess, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is a strangely moral eco-horror film that warns against the very real terrors of nuclear pollution and chemical fallout as residents in Papua, New Guinea are turned into flesh-hungry undead denizens! Directed with the splatter-enthusiastic aplomb that one would expect from Mattei - one of the underrated auteurs of golden age Italian gore - and penned by the iconic Z-movie maverick Claudio Fragrasso (ZOMBI 3/ TROLL 2), it is tough to deny that ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is every bit as eerily entertaining as it was almost 40 years ago!

Now presented uncut and uncensored, in an aesthetic presentation that will sizzle your senses, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is back to chew its way into your living room - courtesy of 88 Films and its ever-impressive Italian Collection!

Special features tbc - and of course you will get a collector's slipcover!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st April 2017, 11:53 AM
Cult Master

Beaten to it!!!

*But I have an extra picture!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st April 2017, 11:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Beaten to it!!!

*But I have an extra picture!
didn't know it was a competition
Old 21st April 2017, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Already have the BU double with Rats:Night of Terror, but I'll be snapping this up because I hate the US title of Hell of the Living Dead (like Braindead renamed Dead Alive!)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st April 2017, 12:42 PM
Cult Addict

I wonder. There was some controversy with BU release as the ends of reels were apparantly missing. This usually is down to deteriation of the film elements so it might be the same transfer but it will be interesting to see what 88 do.
Like RIK I have the other release but this is one of my absolute favorite slices of trash cinema so i may double dip.
Old 21st April 2017, 02:32 PM
Cult Veteran

That 'exclusive slip-cover' is horrible

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st April 2017, 02:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, regular edition for me
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st April 2017, 04:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

I seem to remember 'Hell of the Living Dead' has an 'extended-directors-cut' maybe only released in Australia(I know, WTF) too long ago to be precise but someone found it on a tape/dvd rental shelf??? or the like. Might be a load of old tosh but something rang a bell when I saw the above posts. Nice to see 88 pick it up, got the Vipco DVD somewhere, I'll grab the 88 BD tho, apart from some Mondo inserts it's a good laugh for the most part.
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 21st April 2017, 06:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I seem to remember 'Hell of the Living Dead' has an 'extended-directors-cut' maybe only released in Australia(I know, WTF) too long ago to be precise but someone found it on a tape/dvd rental shelf??? or the like. Might be a load of old tosh but something rang a bell when I saw the above posts. Nice to see 88 pick it up, got the Vipco DVD somewhere, I'll grab the 88 BD tho, apart from some Mondo inserts it's a good laugh for the most part.
There was a 90 minute cut and 100 minute cut. Most modern releases use the longer one
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!