Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2018, 02:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i think his question was did studiocanal license to Second Sight. but i can see why it would be confusing.
Ah yes - I see what he originally meant. Apologies in turn for making it more confusing!

Quote:
Michael, while on the subject of licensing are you guys looking at any other studios? there are some real gems lounging in the Paramount vaults like Lets Scare Jessica to Death, Blood and Roses, etc.

also someone said the Universal deal was very limited - any chance of a future extension?

would be good to know that Powerhouse has a healthy roster going into the future.
Obviously I can't discuss ongoing negotiations with rightsholders, but I can certainly confirm that I have a "to do" list in the form of a release schedule stretching nearly a full year ahead, plus tons more unscheduled stuff whose disc specs have yet to be firmed up. So everything's looking very healthy indeed from my perspective.

As for Universal, future acquisitions depend entirely on whether they're happy with existing releases. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be, but the ball's firmly in their court.

(This is standard practice for all labels, incidentally - a major-studio rightsholder will initially only grant them access to a small handful of titles just to make sure that they do a decent job with them. If they do, they might get a chance to delve deeper into the catalogue and/or pick up more commercially attractive titles - for instance, Arrow wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting the likes of Carrie or The Thing five years ago, but now look at them.)
Old 11th July 2018, 11:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

i did not realise that Jane seymour was in the sinbad films. i like her a lot and will have to see this.
Old 11th July 2018, 04:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yep, SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (1977)

tumblr_mpbudmZHYJ1rj28rmo1_1280.jpg
Old 11th July 2018, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yep, SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (1977)

Attachment 206654
In the words of Leslie Phillips.

Old 12th July 2018, 07:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
The Changeling has nothing to do with Powerhouse.
Yes I know.
What I meant was if Second Sight can license Studio Canal films,then PH could as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i think his question was did studiocanal license to Second Sight. but i can see why it would be confusing.
Nothing confusing about it....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Ah yes - I see what he originally meant. Apologies in turn for making it more confusing!

(This is standard practice for all labels, incidentally - a major-studio rightsholder will initially only grant them access to a small handful of titles just to make sure that they do a decent job with them. If they do, they might get a chance to delve deeper into the catalogue and/or pick up more commercially attractive titles - for instance, Arrow wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting the likes of Carrie or The Thing five years ago, but now look at them.)

You've answered my question.

Old 2nd August 2018, 08:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
NIGHT OF THE DEMON
(Jacques Tourneur, 1957)
Release date: 22 October 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK premiere on Blu-ray)

Preorder here

Based on M R James’ classic tale of terror, ‘Casting the Runes’, and adapted for the screen by regular Hitchcock collaborator Charles Bennett, Jacques Tourneur’s (Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, Out of the Past) Night of the Demon is considered to be one of the seminal horror films of Twentieth-Century cinema. Released on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK, the film is presented here in four different versions, and is accompanied by an incredible array of new and archival special features. Also includes a Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster and 80-page book.

INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• The BFI’s 2013 2K restoration of the 96-minute version
• High-definition remaster of the 82-minute cut
• Original mono audio
• Four presentations of the film: Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins), and the original UK theatrical cut (82 minutes); Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins), and the US re-issue version (96 mins)
• Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’
• Speak of the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’ (2007): documentary featuring interviews with actor Peggy Cummins, production designer Ken Adam and historians Tony Earnshaw and Jonathan Rigby
• Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon': a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by Scott MacQueen
• The Devil’s in the Detail (2018): Christopher Frayling on Night of the Demon and acclaimed production designer Ken Adam
• Horrors Unseen (2018): a discussion of the celebrated director of Night of the Demon by Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
• Sinister Signs (2018): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
• Under the Spell (2018): the celebrated British horror writer Ramsey Campbell discusses the unique combination of M R James and Jacques Tourneur
• The Devil in Music (2018): a new appreciation of Clifton Parker's score by David Huckvale, author of Movie Magick: The Occult in Film
• The Devil Gets His Due (2018): film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen on the release history of Night of the Demon
• The Truth of Alchemy (2018) a discussion of M R James and ‘Casting the Runes’ by Roger Clarke, author of A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
• Cloven In Two (2018): a new video piece exploring the different versions of the film
• Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947): a radio play adaptation of James’ original story
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated music & effects track on the US theatrical cut
• Original US Curse of the Demon theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography, including rare production design sketches from the Deutsche Kinemathek’s Ken Adam Archive
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, a history of the film’s production through the words of its principle creators, a profile of witchcraft consultant Margaret Murray, the film’s history with the BBFC, a look at the different versions of the film, contemporary critical responses, a look at Charles Bennett’s original scripted ending, and film credits
• Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 6,000 copies
• ...AND MORE!
• All extras subject to change
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

^^^^ out of this freakin' world
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE

THE TINGLER (1959)
13 GHOSTS (1960)
HOMICIDAL (1961)
MR SARDONICUS (1961)

Release date: 22 October 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK Blu-ray premieres)

Preorder here

Renowned for his imaginative and eccentric marketing ploys, William Castle became synonymous with delivering lurid horror films backed-up by his trademark publicity gimmicks (‘Illusion-O’, ‘Percepto’, the ‘Punishment Poll’, ‘Fright Breaks’, etc.). WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE features four classic fright films from the outrageous showman’s illustrious career with Columbia Pictures and presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including Jeffrey Schwartz’s acclaimed feature-length documentary Spine Tingler! The William Castle Story, newly filmed introductions and appreciations, exclusive new audio commentaries, interviews with actor Pamela Lincoln and publicists Barry Lorie and Richard Kahn, archival featurettes, and much more – this stunning Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set is strictly limited to 6,000 copies.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remasters of all four films
• Original mono audio
• Two presentations of 13 Ghosts: the original ‘Illusion-O’ presentation and the alternative black-and-white version
• The Tingler audio commentary by film historian Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons, editor of The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Film and Television
• Homicidal audio commentary by author and film historian Lee Gambin
• Mr Sardonicus audio commentary with Daughters of Darkness’ Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger
• Spine-Tingler! The William Castle Story (2007, 82 mins): Jeffrey Schwartz’s acclaimed documentary on Castle, featuring interviews with John Landis, Joe Dante, Roger Corman, Stuart Gordon, Leonard Maltin, Budd Boetticher, Bob Burns, David Del Valle, Fred Olen Ray and John Waters among others
• Larger Than Life: The Making of 'Spine-Tingler' (2007)
• Kim Newman on 'The Tingler' (2018): an appreciation by the critic and author of Nightmare Movies
• Scream for Your Lives!: William Castle and 'The Tingler'
• I Survived ‘The Tingler’ (2007): an interview with actor Pamela Lincoln
• Unleashing Percepto (2007): an interview with publicist Barry Lorie
• Stephen Laws Introduces ‘13 Ghosts’ (2018): an appreciations by the acclaimed horror author
• The Magic of 'Illusion-O': William Castle and '13 Ghosts'
• Psychette: William Castle and 'Homicidal'
• Stephen Laws Introduces 'Homicidal' (2018)
• The Punishment Poll (2007): an interview with publicist Richard Kahn
• Taking the Punishment Poll: William Castle and 'Mr Sardonicus'
• Ballyhoo!: Bob Thomas recalls the time he interviewed William Castle
• Original theatrical trailers
• Trailer commentaries with Sam Hamm, Stuart Gordon and Joe Dante
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Limited Edition box set exclusive booklets with new essays by Kat Ellinger, Dan Whitehead, Rebecca Nicole Williams and Jo Botting, archival interview materials, contemporary reviews, and film credits
• UK premieres on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition box set of 6,000 numbered copies
• ...AND MORE!
• All extras subject to change

Like this? Share it using the links below!