Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2009, 12:33 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Meatball Machine! - 17/07/09

Hi everyone! Hope your all well

Right, this week we have yet another fantastic prize to give away! And unlike last week, it's back to 3 copies being up for grabs!

Here's a little more info on this week's extremely gruesome asian prize...

"PLAYS LIKE A GLORIOUSLY BLOODY AND R-RATED VERSION OF THE MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS." – DVD TOWN
Co-directed by Yudai Yamaguchi (Battlefield Baseball) and Junichi Yamamoto (Kabuking Z: The Movie), with special effects by Yoshihiro Nishimura (director of "Tokyo Gore Police" and effect supervisor for "The Machine Girl") and starring Issei Takahashi (Detroit Metal City; Kill Bill Vol.1), Shôichirô Masumoto (Battlefield Baseball; Versus), Toru Tezuka (Ichi The Killer; Dead Or Alive 2) and Ayano Yamamoto (Tokyo Gore Police), MEATBALL MACHINE is a wild, Japanese splatter-punk monster of a movie that combines the "body horror" shock tactics of John Carpenter's "The Thing", the "Testsuo" movies and David Cronenberg's most extreme work.
Based on an original short made by Yamamoto in 1999, the feature length MEATBALL MACHINE is an all out, in-your-face gore-fest – an experimental sci-fi/horror rollercoaster that will have your entire brain and body shaken and stirred.

Capable of making biomechanical weapons out of human flesh, alien parasites grotesquely invade the Earth, turning their hosts into maniacal killers who seek to destroy each other and further their own existence by eating their victims alive. In the midst of all this alien induced mayhem is a moving love story between a shy boy and the equally sheepish object of his affection. It's just a shame the budding romantics are soon infested with slimy, tumor-like globules that drive them to all kinds of bloody distraction.

Co-directors Yamamoto and Yamaguchi pull out all the stops and don t let up until the final epic battle in their deranged cinematic testament to the joys of young love, bloodletting and alien ooze. If you're a fan of the likes of "The Machine Girl", "Tokyo Gore Police" and "X-Cross", you will love the extreme MEATBALL MACHINE.

MEATBALL MACHINE (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£14.99) by 4Digital Asia on 6th July 2009. Special Features include: "The Making of Meatball Machine"; the original "Meatball Machine" short film; "Meatball Machine: Reject Of Death" short film; The Making of Meatball Machine: Reject Of Death"; "What's About Doi?" short film; original Japanese trailer; Necroborg designs by character designer Keita Amamiya.

Sounds good eh? Well, it could be yours, and here's how!

Everyone knowns, when eating meatballs (obviously in a nice speg bog) everything gets all muddled up, what with the speghetti wrapping around everything as you slurp it up (stick with me here!). So, all you need to do, is rearrange the 4 anagrams below, and PM me your answers. Once again, you can guess as many times as you wish - there's no penalty for that. Each film you get correctly, I'll pop your name into the trilby hat (so your name can go in there a maximum of 4 times - so you'll have 4x as much chance of being picked!), where I'll randomly select 3 winners from the hat next friday, before the new comp is put up Simple!

Oh, and by the way, the amount of words do not nesercerilly corespond with the amount of words in the film title - its just that these anagrams are pretty funny.

Oh and by the way (by the way) - these ARE meatballs, and NOT something you may find wrapped in a plastic bag in a doggy bin! Just to make that clear

Here's the 4 anagrams...

Good luck!
Old 17th July 2009, 02:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I have the R1 DVD of 'Meatball Machine' and it's certainly... er, different!
Old 19th July 2009, 08:35 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ive sent in my answers, the last one took me ages to figure out
Old 19th July 2009, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I figured out the last one quite quickly, the second one had me stumped for a bit though.
Old 19th July 2009, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I figured out the last one quite quickly, the second one had me stumped for a bit though.
the second i got straight away, then the third then the first and the last was really hard for me, weird int it

anybody else got them yet?
Old 20th July 2009, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I just looked at this wks comp.
The 1st and 3rd thought where easy.. 2 4 th not properly tried to work out yet but seem most difficult to me ..but we got all wk to do it
Old 20th July 2009, 12:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I just looked at this wks comp.
The 1st and 3rd thought where easy.. 2 4 th not properly tried to work out yet but seem most difficult to me ..but we got all wk to do it
Is the Nunchuck kid struggling !
Old 20th July 2009, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
the second i got straight away, then the third then the first and the last was really hard for me, weird int it

anybody else got them yet?
I've got them.Had to make up for last weeks dent to my pride !
Old 20th July 2009, 03:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I've got them.Had to make up for last weeks dent to my pride !
yeah tell me about it i ****ed up on two answers i should have got right!
Old 21st July 2009, 06:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have 3 of them figured out but im still working on the last one.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!