Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2009

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2009, 06:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default SUPER Comp! - BFI's Sexploitation Season Tickets!!!!

No you are not hallucinating! Don't worry, you DID read the thread title correct. Yes, we are indeed giving away tickets to BFI's Sexploitation Season - a Season of all the beSt Sexploitation filmS known to man! In fact, we've actually got TWO tickets up for grabs for you luvely people!

From 2nd September the BFI Southbank plays host to SEXPLOITATION CINEMA, a tantalising season of screen erotica when we question whether it is time to develop a critical framework for sex-rated cinema.

Come see classics such as Russ Meyer’s Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Joseph Sarno’s The Bed and How to Make It! and Come Ride the Wild Pink Horse and Radley Metzger’s lesbian classic Theresa and Isabelle.

Also screening: the UK premiere of Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies (2001), featuring Roger Corman’s teen and monster quickies alongside the skin shows produced by David Friedman. The director Ray Greene will introduce both screenings and take questions from the audience.

For much of its first 50 years, sexploitation cinema has been treated with everything from confusion to contempt. At best, it is considered a cultural curio, at worst, vehemently condemned as a social evil. Only one this is certain: ‘dirty movies’ have effectively been excluded from the cinematic canon. Is it time to embrace the erotic and to develop a critical framework for sex-rated cinema?

The season will conclude in October when we move into strange tales for Time Square and a survey of soft-core cinema in the early 70s.

Check out the website to read more:

http://www.bfi.org.uk/go/sexploitationcultlabs/

AMAZING! See, this comp IS SUPER! And check out that site up there for ALL the details of this season!

Thanks to the luvly folks at BFI, Cult Labs has 2 tickets up for grabs. But how do you go about winning? Simple baby!

Since we've got TWO tickets up for grabs, and since the season starts in about TWO weeks, more or less (commencing on the 2nd of Sexy September!), I've decided it's fairest if we split this competition into 2. So here's how to win the first ticket (I'll post the 2nd half on Monday (the 24th, when the 1st section will close).

I am sure that you all know just how important a title is for an exploitation film, especially one belonging to the sexploitation sub-genre. Not only does it have to sound exciting (!) but often plays with sexual innuendos, helping to establish to the audience it's kinky (and often, arguably, sleazy) tone.

So here's how to win one of the two tickets. All you need to do is submit a well known film (no-exploitation or horror) title which would not have seemed out of place in a 70's sexploitation film. For example, Toy Story! And for those extra brownie points, why not create a brief outline of the film's 'plot'!

The winner will be announced Monday and entries will be judged by all the mods so I'm not left with one of those UBER tough decisions. Remember, to submit your entires into this thread, rather than PM, and there is no limit to the amount of titles you can submit.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! It's one heck of a prize!

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just excited about this prize!
Attached Thumbnails
SUPER Comp! - BFI's Sexploitation Season Tickets!!!!-bfi_logo.jpg   SUPER Comp! - BFI's Sexploitation Season Tickets!!!!-bed_and_how_to_make_it_02..jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 18th August 2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 18th August 2009, 09:27 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

touching the void
Old 19th August 2009, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No takers?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2009, 06:52 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
No takers?
ummm.... maybe cause not many people here live in london.

oh well, i do so it looks like it could be me vs me, so....

dr. strangelove
Old 19th August 2009, 08:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Trust me,there's quite a few Londoners on here.

Ah well,if no one else enters,then it makes our job easy then eh Spooks?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2009, 09:46 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Trust me,there's quite a few Londoners on here.

Ah well,if no one else enters,then it makes our job easy then eh Spooks?
Damn! Maybe all the other Londoners aren't as perverted as me and not interested in these kinda films.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i would join in this comp but theres no way i could get to london
Old 19th August 2009, 10:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
Damn! Maybe all the other Londoners aren't as perverted as me and not interested in these kinda films.
Then it's looking promising Spooks....

Old 21st August 2009, 11:52 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
touching the void
Yeah! That's the type of thing Spooks! Brilliant lol!

And just to make it clear, we're giving away 2 PAIRS of tickets! Silly me, thought it was just one pair Doh! So, you'll be able to bring a mate (FREE!) with you. Great news!

Old 21st August 2009, 01:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm a Londoner!

Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry

Christie Malry is a female gangster, who needs some help breaking in - she just needs the right tool. Luckily she has friends ever willing to help find her jewels, however they may just need to take the back-door..

Last edited by Delirium; 21st August 2009 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!