Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2010, 01:47 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Sale Weekly Comp - Thirst DVD/Blu-Ray! - 17/01/2010

HELLOOOOOOOOO!

Time for the very first sunday weekly competiton (normally it's on fridays)! And since this is the case, I've decided to go waaay back in time to the very beginning of these competitions, by creating a comp just like the good ol' days - but more on that after I tell you all, what we have for grabs this week.

Yes, it is, the one, the only THIRST!!!!!

Label: Palisades Tartan
Release date: 25th January 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 18
Running time: 133 minutes

Pricing: £19.99 (DVD), £24.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Korean cinema, Horror
Director: Park Chan-wook
Stars: Sang Kang-ho, Kim Ok-vin

"THIRST COULD EAT ‘TWILIGHT' FOR BREAKFAST… THIS IS EASILY PARK'S BEST FILM SINCE ‘OLDBOY'." – (Four Stars) – DAILY TELEGRAPH

Following its hugely successful theatrical release in October, which saw it being hailed as Film of the Week in both Time Out and The Guardian and being awarded Four Star reviews in The Daily Express, Time Out, The Sun, Empire, Total Film and Loaded, Park Chan-wook's THIRST comes to DVD and Blu-ray on 25th January 2009.

The joint winner of the Jury Prize at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival, THIRST sees the director of such acclaimed and varied films as the military thriller "JSA: Joint Security Area", the comedy romance "I'm A Cyborg" and the standout movie of his "vengeance" trilogy "Oldboy" further emphasising his versatility as a storyteller and a filmmaker by turning his hand to Western horror traditions and taking on the ever-popular vampire genre.

Very loosely based on Emile Zola's novel "Therese Raquin", the story concerns a priest who, accidentally cursed with vampirism, is thrown into a whirlpool of moral decline that leads to him into a nightmare world of lust, adultery and murder.

Sang-hyun (Song Kang-ho) is a priest who cherishes life; so much so, that he selflessly volunteers for a secret vaccine research project designed to eradicate a deadly virus. When the virus is found to be affecting the priest and threatening his life, a blood transfusion is urgently ordered up for him. However, the blood he receives is unknowingly infected, the result of the transfusion being that Sang-hyun survives the viral attack but now exists as a vampire dependent upon the life blood of others.

Struggling with his newfound carnal desire for this vital fluid, Sang-hyun's faith is further strained when a childhood friend's wife, Tae-ju (Kim Ok-vin), comes to him asking for his help in escaping her tormented life. It's not long before the former priest is plunged headlong into a world of sensual pleasures, finding himself on intimate terms with the deadliest of the Seven Sins.

Starring Song Kang-ho as Sang-hyun (The Host; The Good, The Bad, The Weird; Lady Vengeance; Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance) and Kim Ok-vin as Tae-ju (Dasepo Naughty Girls; The Accidental Gangster), THIRST is a visceral, thought-provoking and darkly comic exploration of human existence in extreme circumstances from one of the most original and provocative directors working in modern cinema.

THIRST (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£19.99) and Blu-ray (£24.99) by Palisades Tartan on 25th January 2010.

DVD Features
Dolby 2.0 and 5.1 and half-rate DTS 5.1 audio options; trailer; UK exclusive interview with Park Chan-wook.

Blu-ray Features
Edited highlights from the NFT Masterclass; Dolby 2.0 and 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio options; trailer; UK exclusive interview with Park Chan-wook.

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GET SOME OF THAT!

And to indeed get some of that, here's how...

Like I said we're going all old skool here

Below is a picture (a very strange one at that). All you have to do is guess the 5 films from the clues. For example if there was a sheep I'd painted black, the film would be Black Sheep, etc.

Once you think you've got the 5 answers, just Private Message me them. If they're all correct, you'll be entered into the draw next sunday. If you get some wrong, no worries, I'll give you some clues.

Oh and by the way, THEY ARE ALL VAMPIRE FILMS!

Good luck everyone! It's a great prize here!

And if you win, don't forget you can choose whether you want the new DVD or the new Blu-Ray! Pretty sweet!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Thirst DVD/Blu-Ray! - 17/01/2010-thirst_thirst3.jpg   Weekly Comp - Thirst DVD/Blu-Ray! - 17/01/2010-thirst_thirst4.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 17th January 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

sent off my answers

there just 1 im not sure about
Old 19th January 2010, 12:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Sent off my answers too!
Old 19th January 2010, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sent mine off Sunday.

Good Luck to everybody.
Old 19th January 2010, 03:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Mine have been entered too!
Old 19th January 2010, 04:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ditto!

Good luck ya'll
Old 19th January 2010, 05:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yes, good luck to everyone who has and will enter!
Old 19th January 2010, 06:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i entered first....but goodluck to everyone.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Answers sent...not sure about one of them though.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th January 2010, 10:11 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Submitted my answers. I'll have my fingers crossed until Sunday.

Good luck everyone.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!