Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2010, 11:42 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010

Hey hey hey!!!!!!

Ready for another weekly comp?! (Is it just me or does it seem like the comps are running longer, now that they're on sundays? )

Anyways, this week, we're giving away an excellent little zombie film to get your teeth into!

Label: Kaleidoscope Entertainment
Release date: 25th January 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 15
Running time: 96 minutes
Pricing: £15.99 DVD, £19.99 Blu-ray
Genre: Horror
Director: Bruce McDonald
Stars: Stephen McHattie, Lisa Houle, Georgina Reilly

OLIVER STONE'S "TALK RADIO" MEETS JOHN CARPENTER'S "THE FOG" IN PONTYPOOL.

Following on from its critically acclaimed UK theatrical release in October 2009, the riveting, intelligent and totally unpredictable PONTYPOOL comes to DVD and Blu-ray in January 2010.
Oliver Stone's "Talk Radio" meets John Carpenter's "The Fog" in PONTYPOOL, a psychological chiller about a mysteriously transmitted virus that threatens the residents of a small Canadian town.

Adapted by author Tony Burgess from his award winning bestseller "Pontypool Changes Everything" and directed by Bruce McDonald (Hard Core Logo; The Tracey Fragments), PONTYPOOL stars Stephen McHattie (Watchmen), Lisa Houle (Due South; Seinfeld) and Georgina Reilly (Terry Southern's Plums And Prunes).

It appears to be just another humdrum winter's day in Pontypool, Ontario as shock-jock Grant Mazzy (McHattie) goes on air to present his morning phone-in radio show from a studio in the basement of the town's church. But amidst the minor news items regarding school bus cancellations and missing cats being reported by Mazzy's listening public and his "Eye in the Sky" reporter are a series of bizarre reports of local people developing strange speech patterns and committing acts of horrific violence. With no confirmation of these events on the official news wires, Mazzy, his producer (Houle) and assistant (Reilly) suspect an elaborate hoax is being played. However, it isn't long before the radio team realise that the reports are real and that something terrible is happening beyond the studio walls. Trapped inside the church as bloody chaos reigns outside, they must decide if they should stay on air in the hopes of being heard and eventually rescued, even though they suspect their broadcasts may be contributing to the madness infecting the residents of Pontypool.

PONTYPOOL (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£15.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Kaleidoscope Entertainment on 25th January 2010.

"Compellingly apocalyptic. " - The Observer,

"An original take on genre movies of its kind." - This Is London

"A mash-up of Orson Welles' notorious The War of the Worlds radio broadcast and George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead " - Filmstar Magazine

"A masterclass in building horror atmosphere. Finally, it's a zombie film with the one thing zombies have been crying out for all these years: BRRAAAIIINNNSS." - News Of The World

But how do you win this prize?

Well...since I'm starting a Hollywood musical course at uni, just finished two shows and watched Dracula on stage last night, I thought we'd go all musical with this comp! And you have to know your notes to be good in a musical... so,

Below is a very quick video I put together. It contains 5 clips of horror soundtracks and one infamous quote. All you need to do is guess the 6 correct films that these are from. Simple!

Once you think you know the 6 answers, PM me your guesses. If you get stuck or some wrong, I'll give you some hints!

So, get those ears perked up and that brain ticking to the beat as you guess the 6 answers.

Don't worry, it's not hard at all.

Everyone who guesses all of them correctly (with or without hints) will be put into the trilby hat and randomly selected next sunday. The three lucky winners will each win this great film AND they'll be able to choose whether they'd like either the new DVD or Blu-Ray of it! HORRAY!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh remember to PM (Private Message) me the answers, rather than writing them on here

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-2d_pontypool.jpg   Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-bluray_pontypool2d_new.jpg   Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-pontypool_1jpeg.jpg   Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-pontypool_2.jpg   Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-pontypool_3jpeg.jpg  

Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-pontypool_4jpeg.jpg   Weekly Comp - Pontypool DVD/Blu-Ray - 24/01/2010-pontypool.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 24th January 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

PontyPool is my fave horror of last year, this is an awesome prize but for me i can only answer 2 of the sound clips.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I know 2 and a third sounds familiar......... and this is not hard at all?

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 24th January 2010, 01:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh, sorry guys. I thought it would be easier than that - guess things are a lot easier when you know the answers!

One of them is from a TV show - one of the classic horror related TV shows - rather than a film.

Remember, I'll give you hints
Old 24th January 2010, 02:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

6 clips, I only can hear 3, then im hungover so dont read to much into that.
Old 24th January 2010, 02:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry make that 4.
Old 24th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mmm. I've just re-listened to it, and yeah, MAYBE I was being a teeeny weeny bit stingie with the first one!

I'll give you a super easy clue now -

It's one of the most famous killer animal films, and it begins with J.
Old 24th January 2010, 07:48 PM
Cultist in Training

Got the first 5 but can't get the "Oh my God!" one. It isn't when I lost my virginity, is it?

Do you have to answer all of them correctly to win or if you get the most right do you win?
Old 24th January 2010, 08:54 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

That made me laugh EMcG!

Yeah, the 3 people who get all 6 correct will be entered. BUT if nobody gets ALL 6 correct, than the people with the highest correct will be entered into the draw.

As for the OOOH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD quote - here's a hint guys, it's supposed to be one of the worst films off all time and it's a sequel.

The internet is your friend.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:33 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well thats my 6 answers in.

Good luck everyone.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!