Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2010, 12:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010

Hi there everyone! Time for yet another weekly competition!

What a great prize we've got up for grabs today! One of Asian cinema's finest and greatest stars, Mr. Jackie Chan in his most brutal film yet:

Label: Cine Asia
Release date: 22nd February 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 18
Pricing: £17.99 (DVD), £24.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Asian cinema - Hong Kong, Crime thriller
Director: Tung-shing Yee
Stars: Jackie Chan, Daniel Wu

“PULSATING IN ITS DRAMATIC INTENSITY AND INDELIBLE IN ITS BRUTAL VISION.” – TIME OUT, HK.

Provocative, compelling and underscored with hard-hitting action, the pulse-pounding thriller, The Shinjuku Incident explodes with tension and delivers a career-defining performance from international action-superstar, Jackie Chan.
 Coming to Blu-ray and to DVD as a two-disc Ultimate Edition featuring a host of extras, including behind the scenes featurettes, cast interviews and deleted scenes, this is a must-have for Jackie Chan fans and lovers of action cinema.

Hundreds of Chinese refugees wash up on Japan’s Wakasa Bay. Each has a dream of a better life, but most will encounter only prejudice and oppression. One, a law-abiding farm-worker known as Steelhead (Jackie Chan), has come to find the woman (Xu Jinglei) he has loved since childhood, but his quest ends in bitter rejection when he discovers she has married Yakuza underboss, Eguchi (Masaya Kato).

Heartbroken, his life descends into darkness and petty crime quickly escalates to murder. With blood on his hands, he will risk everything to secure a future for his people, as they face an increasingly brutal onslaught from a criminal empire protected by a secret code. However, ancient traditions will not be broken and his defiance will lead to all-out war as both factions fight for control of the infamous Shinjuku district in the heart of Japan’s greatest city.

Ultimately pursued by forces on both sides of the law, Steelhead must fight for redemption and the survival of those he loves in the darkest night he has ever known...

“Pulsating in its dramatic intensity, and indelible in its brutal vision” (Time Out HK), The Shinjuku Incident is radical, uncompromising cinema with the most unforgettable finale of any Jackie Chan film to date!

The Shinjuku Incident (cert. 18) will be released on two-disc DVD (£17.99) and single disc Blu-ray (£24.99) by Cine Asia on 22nd February 2010.

Special Features include:
 Making of; behind the scenes featurettes; extended and deleted scenes; trailer gallery; interview gallery (Jackie Chan, Daniel Wu, Xu Jinglei, Masaya Kato, Naoto Takenata, Chin Kar Lok, Pater Kam Pau-Tat); Dolby Digital original language 2.0 and 5.1, plus English 5.1 audio tracks (DVD); DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 original language and 5.1 English, plus Dolby Digital original language 2.0 audio tracks (Blu-ray).

One word:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Two words:

HELL YEAH!

Three words:

HOW'D I WIN?!

Simple!

All you need to do is train. Train hard! Below I'll be posting a series of puzzles/questions etc, related to Asian cinema (mainly horror...naturally!). They'll start of easy and slowly get tougher. Each one is a different belt colour - starting with a white belt, to an orange belt, to a blue and then straight on to a black belt!

The three people who manage to get the black belt (or the three to get the highest colour) will each win themselves this awesome DVD or Blu-Ray! If there's a draw, you'll have to fight it out with a jawbreaking drawbreaker!

So, chalk up those knuckles, star jump till you go blind and break apart breeze blocks.

Bring on some K. O's!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

I'll post them up in just a mo...

And don't forget to PM (Private Message) me your answers rather than post on here. And as usual there's no limit to guesses and anyone can enter!

GOOD LUCK ONCE AGAIN!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku1.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku2.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku3.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku4.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku5.jpg  

Weekly Comp - The Shinjuku Incident DVD/Blu-Ray- 07/02/2010-shinjuku6.jpg  
Old 7th February 2010, 12:48 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

In order to get the white belt:

I luv that monkey!

Anyways, in order to get the white belt - simply answer the following 5 questions...

1) Name the Asian horror film that was refused a rating by the BBFC last year.

2) In what frankly weird film does the lead character turn into a man made of iron?

3) 1954 was the year of one of the most notorious monsters in cinema. But what was it's name?

4) Hooks, tounge slicing, masturbating, cheek piercing, manga adaptation and still cut in the UK. What notorious Asian film am I talking about?

5) According to the film's title, you should have sympathy for Mr who?

Think you know the answers? PM me your 5 answers and we'll go from there. Don't forget if you get stuck, I'll give you clues and there's no limit to guessing!
Old 7th February 2010, 01:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

woop woop
got all of em correct!!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th February 2010, 01:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I too am now officailly a white belt. You'd better watch my chops and kicks. Aaaaahyeee!

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 7th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oooooooooooooooooooooooy!!

White Belt Escott in the house.
Old 7th February 2010, 02:12 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Time for the next level.

For an orange belt:

To get the orange belt, simply guess the film titles the above 4 clues are for. PM me your guesses again guys!
Old 7th February 2010, 02:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Time for the blue belts (slightly harder this time):

Below are 5 posters of Asian horror films - all off which I've zoomed in on and enlarged. All you need to do is guess what the 5 films are and PM me your guesses

To make it even tougher (although its still pretty easy) - there'll be no clues given if you get stuck with this belt! Ooooh!
Old 7th February 2010, 03:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Time for black belt level! The hardest level of this comp! Rememeber, you need to have gotten the other levels correct before moving on to this one.

All you need to do is guess what the screen shots are from:

To make this even tougher - there will be no clues given and you have a maximum of three guesses each! So think wisely!
Old 7th February 2010, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

stuck on the book with a ghost

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th February 2010, 07:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i am a cult labs karate master.....
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!