Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2010, 01:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Terror At The Opera - 14/03/2010

Helloooo!

So, first we had The Stendhal Syndrome and then The Card Player to give away. Now to finish this three in a-row we have the piece-de-la-resistance, yep, it's none other that Dario Argento's:

Label: Arrow Video
Release date: 22nd March 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: 18
Running time: 107 mins
Pricing: £15.99
Genre: Horror
Director: Dario Argento
Stars: Ian Charleson, Daria Nicolodi, Cristina Marsillach, William McNamara

Ooooh yeah! Here's some more info on this release. Have a quick read!

“ARGENTO AT HIS STYLISH, HORRIFYING BEST!” – THE PSYCHOTRONIC VIDEO GUIDE.

Considered the last of the great horror masterpieces from director Dario Argento’s greatest and most critically acclaimed period of filmmaking to date, Terror At The Opera comes to DVD in March as a special edition featuring two edits of the film and three separate audio dubs, including the infamous English language ‘Cannes Film Festival dub’ and the ‘studio approved dub’ that replaced it.

An homage to ‘The Phantom Of The Opera’ (which Argento would remake a decade later) by way of Alfred Hitchcock, Terror At The Opera stars Ian Charleson (Gandhi; Chariots Of Fire) in his final feature appearance and Daria Nicolodi (Mother Of Tears; Scarlet Diva; Phenomena; Tenebre; Inferno) in the disturbing tale of a sadistic hooded killer who torments and abuses a diva with whom he has become obsessed.

Spanish actress Cristina Marsillach stars as Betty, a young and inexperienced opera singer who gets at a chance at her big break starring in a production of Verdi’s ‘Macbeth’ when the lead is forced to pull out following a road accident. Despite her belief that the production is cursed, Betty accepts the role and receives universal acclaim for her performance. Unfortunately, her star turn also attracts the attention of a mysterious psychopathic ‘fan’ who repeatedly kidnaps her, ties her up and, by taping needles to her eyelids so she is unable to blink, forces her to witness him violently murdering her friends, colleagues and acquaintances. But who is the masked killer and why is he targeting her?

Boasting stunning cinematography by Oscar winning cameraman Ronnie Taylor (Gandhi) and some of the most bravura and memorable set pieces of any of Argento’s films – notably the descent of a conspiracy of ravens in the Parma Opera House career and a truly breathtaking murder sequence – the film also features musical contributions from Claudio Simonetti, Brian Eno and Bill Wyman.

Terror At The Opera
(cert. 18) will be released on DVD (15.99) by Arrow Video on 22nd March 2010.

Special Features include: double sided sleeve featuring new artwork; exclusive collector’s booklet; poster; feature presentation (102 minutes) with English 5.1 and Italian 5.1 audio options; US edit of feature (91 minutes) with original ‘Cannes dub’ (English 2.0); US edit of feature (91 minutes) with approved, re-dubbed English 2.0 audio; Dario Argento filmography and biography; photo gallery; Opera by Demonia music video; Dario Argento trailer gallery; Top 6 gore scenes; US trailer; International trailer.

And let me confirm THIS IS AN AWESOME PACKAGE!!!! I got it through the post yesterday and it's beautiful. Perhaps the best of the new Arrow Video DVDs, although that's a tough call.

It's a two disc-er packed with special features, a great booklet and a poster. It weighs a bloody tonne!

So, how do you win such a great prize?

Well, simple (promise!),for those who have seen the film, you'll know that it features birds and has an emphasis on voyeurism. So, I've lobbed them both together to come up with this comp.

All you have to do is...

Below is a series of pictures, each from Argento films. However, some big fat bird has got in the way of the picture! Damn it! So, you have to guess what films the pictures are from. PM me your answers!

Once again there's no limits to guesses and anyone can enter! EASY!

I'll post up the pictures in a moment, just as soon as I do them.

To keep you occupied, have a look at the trailer!

Old 14th March 2010, 02:38 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok everyone here are the 5 pictures...

Just guess what Argento film the shot is from (minus the crow/ravens/whatever) then PM me your answer.

BUT in the same tradition as Dario, this comp has a red herring. One of the pictures below is NOT from an Argento film.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

Kyle
Old 14th March 2010, 03:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh, and just to say that the three winners will be randomly selected next sunday, right before another comp!
Old 14th March 2010, 03:51 PM
Cultist

hmmm, think I've worked out three of them. Got a while to get the others...
Old 14th March 2010, 07:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Got em!!

Good Luck everyone

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th March 2010, 06:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've got 4 out of the 5 but I can't place the other one. It may be one I haven't seen for a long long time. A few days left for me to ponder, eh.......

BTW, I love The Crow in the last one.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 18th March 2010, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

If my memory didn't play any tricks on me, I probably got all five answers together.
Old 18th March 2010, 01:47 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
If my memory didn't play any tricks on me, I probably got all five answers together.
Have you sent your answers in?
Old 18th March 2010, 01:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Job's a good un, Vince And they were all correct too!

This comp is getting loads of entrants!!! And who wouldn't enter with a prize that good?!
Old 18th March 2010, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Im a fan of argento............
But some films was yrs ago since ive seen them and a few films i just never gor round to watching, i think i only know 3...
so thats y im giving this wks a miss sadly ill be trying to work the rest out but hey nvr mind there be loads more comps in the future, and i have had enterd most comps in the past and won few times so realy cant complain....
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!