Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:27 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Bitch Slap's Grindhouse Quadruple Bill! - Competition & Feedback Thread!

Before reading this, you must take several precautions:

- Hold onto your socks.

- Have a paramedic at hand.

- DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, show to those with a nervous disposition or a weak hearts.

- We are not liable for any heartattacks caused by the awesomeness of this SUPER competition!

As you may, or may not know, every so often Cult Labs gives away more than just a top DVD, they give away experiences! From tickets to BFI's sexploitation season to an actual meeting with the director of Thrist, Park Chan-Wook!

And this time we have yet another INCREDIBLE PRIZE TO GIVE AWAY!

We're giving away 5, yes 5, pairs of tickets to see the UK premire of Bitch Slap at London's Prince Charles' Cinema!

AND if that wasn't enough, one VERY lucky person will also win a ticket for the whole day! A whole day that consists of 4 incredible grindhouse/exploitation films:

- Supervixens
- The full Grindhouse
- Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
and Bitch Slap!

This incredible event takes place on the 5th of April (a bank holiday I beleive)

For more information check out the cinema's website here:

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/

Check out the film's trailers:

Clint Ramsey has to leave his job working at Martin Bormann's gas station and flee after his wife is murdered by psycho cop Harry Sledge, who tries to pin the murder on Clint. Crossing America, Clint gets sexually harassed on all sides by various voluptuous nymphomaniacs, and it all ends in a literally explosive climax.

A double-bill of thrillers that recall Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino's favorite exploitation films. "Grindhouse" is presented as one full-length feature comprised of two individual films helmed separately by each director. "Death Proof," is a rip-roaring slasher flick where the killer pursues his victims with a car, while "Planet Terror" shows us a view of the world in the midst of a zombie outbreak. The films are joined together by clever faux trailers that recall the '50s exploitation drive-in classics.

Three strippers seeking thrills encounter a young couple in the desert. After dispatching the boyfriend, they take the girl hostage and begin scheming on a crippled old man living with his two sons in the desert, reputedly hiding a tidy sum of cash. They become houseguests of the old man and try and seduce the sons in an attempt to locate the money, not realizing that the old man has a few sinister intentions of his own.

When three curvaceous babes arrive at a desert hideaway to steal from an underworld kingpin, things quickly spiral out of control. Allegiances are switched, truths are revealed, criminals are unmasked and nothing is quite what it seems as the fate of the world is precariously balanced among this trio of sexy femmes fatales.

AND the event's poster:

But how the hell do you win this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post the rules in the next post

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Bitch Slap's Grindhouse Quadruple Bill! - Competition & Feedback Thread!-sv.jpg   Bitch Slap's Grindhouse Quadruple Bill! - Competition & Feedback Thread!-gr.jpg   Bitch Slap's Grindhouse Quadruple Bill! - Competition & Feedback Thread!-faster_pussycat_kill_kill_poster_02.jpg   Bitch Slap's Grindhouse Quadruple Bill! - Competition & Feedback Thread!-bs.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 24th March 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok here's how to win this incredible prize!!!!!!!

Below is an uber picture I created. It's full of pictures from infamous Grindhouse films (most of which are from the posters themselves and several from the films).

All you have to do is guess the grindhouse films (there's 20 in total) that these are from. Simple!

And do not worry, you do not have to know each and every one of these answers.

The 6 people who get the most films correct will each win tickets for Bitch Slap (the one with the highest amound correct will win a full day pass).

Once again there is no limit to the amount of guesses you can have. Also, the internet is your friend. Look around if you get stuck.

ANYBODY CAN ENTER THIS SUPER COMP!

So what are you waiting for?

PM (Private message) me your answers/guesses and I'll tell you what you got correct. At the end of the competiton I'll announce the winners.

If there's a draw between entrants then I'll either randomly select from a hat or there will be a tie-breaker question (depending on numbers of course)

Here's the picture:

So, get guessing!

Remember you do not need to get ALL the answers correct - just as many as you can!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Kyle

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 24th March 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:46 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Also, if you're on Facebook be sure to enter Sam's competition on there - even more chance of winning!
Old 26th March 2010, 01:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

If you're stuck on this, you may like to check out this site below:

http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Main_Page

It's a brilliant website and I'm sure all these films are probably on there.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I would have jumped at this - unfortunately I have to work on the Bank Holiday. Boo.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:09 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Work on a bank holiday? Booo indeed!
Old 30th March 2010, 12:45 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Im in negotiations at the moment with one of my work mates to get the day off so if I win I will be able to go.
Old 30th March 2010, 04:42 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Only a few days left to enter everyone! I'll announce all the winners on friday.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:51 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Since it's bank holiday tomorrow, we've had to end this competition today instead. I'll announce the winners in just a little while, so if you haven't entered yet, here's your very very very last chance!

Kyle
Old 1st April 2010, 10:11 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Okidokes, times up everyone!

Let's announce some winners!!!!!!

The four entrants who've won themselves a pair of tickets each to see Bitch Slap at Prince Charles' cinema on the 5th of April are...

- Trouserpress!

- Robertzombie!

- Davejay!

- and Biozombie!

HORRAY!

Congratulations to all 4 of you!!!!!!!!

Now for the top top prize.

And the winner of a pair of tickets for the entire grindhouse day is......

Spooks who got all 20 answers correct!!!!!!

Well done everyone!

I'll see you all there!

Like this? Share it using the links below!