Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2010, 11:14 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Harpoon: The Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre - 16/05/2010

HELLO!

This week's prize for Cult Lab's Weekly Competition is none other than the much talked about,

“THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE ON A WHALER – A BRILLIANT CONCEPT EXECUTED IN A MOST IMAGINATIVE, OLD SCHOOL WAY. HORROR FANS ARE GOING TO LAP IT UP, BIG TIME.” (FOUR STARS) – Billy Chainsaw, Bizarre Magazine

The Icelandic film industry’s first ever bona fide foray into in-your-face exploitation horror movie territory, Harpoon: The Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre is a blackly comic and supremely gory affair that has led David Hayles of The Times to claim, “it’s tourists versus deranged whalers in this fright flick that’ll make you scream and blubber.”

Having recently been given a rapturously reception by a rabid audience of appreciative horror fans attending a sold out screening at the Glasgow Film Festival’s Annual Frightfest, Harpoon: The Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre comes to DVD in May 2010 courtesy of E1 Entertainment and promises to be one of the most talked about horror releases of the year.

Directed by Julius Kemp (Wallpaper: An Erotic Love Story) and written by award winning novelist and lyricist Sjon Sigurdsson (Dancer In The Dark), the film stars old ‘Leatherface’ himself, Gunnar Hansen (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), as the ill-fated captain in charge of a tourist whale watching trip that takes a horrifying turn.

When a freak accident leaves the captain of their boat mortally wounded and the first mate jumps ship following his attempted rape of a passenger, a small group of tourists are forced to seek refuge on a passing former whaling vessel manned by a family of ‘Fishbillies’ with a psychotic score to settle. With whaling no longer on the agenda, the tourists become the helpless prey aboard a ship that is soon to be sailing on a sea of blood.

An unapologetic homage to the Tobe Hooper classic from which it has pilfered its title, Harpoon: The Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre is a gutsy and graphic slasher that adds a dark vein of humour to its increasingly inventive methods of dispatching the unfortunate victims for whom a day trip at sea turns into the worst possible nightmare.

Harpoon: The Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£12.99) by E1 Entertainment on 10th May 2010.

But how do you win this?

SIMPLE!

Harpoon. Fishing. Fish. Food. BINGO!

Below is a series of 4 horror film themed menu's. All you have to do is guess what film they're from. Easy peasy. Once you know, just PM me your answers. Need help? Help is always on hand - I'll PM you back a hint if you get stuck.

Then, next sunday, before the new comp, I'll randomly pick three winners from a hat. You must get all four correct to be put into the hat however.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Here's the menus:

Kyle
Old 16th May 2010, 11:39 AM
Cultist in Training

superb!!!

looking forward to seeing this film
Old 16th May 2010, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Wow really keen to see this! My Blockbuster aint stocking it ... bloody useless!!!! it took all my breath to get them to stock House Of The Devil!!! Bah!
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:40 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hi there everyone! How's your weekend going? Good I hope!

Anyways, shall we announce some winners?

OFCOURSE!

I've put ALL the entries into the world-famous trilby hat and will now randomly select three random winners. I had LOADS of entries this week - just shows you how fast this forum is growing! so GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Here goes:

In place we have.... Bigrob! Congratulations!!!!!

place goes to...... Sargento! Nice work!!!

and finally, by no means least,

the person to win this excellent film is.. Mbv! WOOO!

Congratulations to all three of you! In fact well done to EVERYONE who entered

Kyle

New comp'll be up in a bit.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:47 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Also, BigRob and Sargento, would you mind PMing me an address you'd like your prize sent to please? Cheers!

And here are the 4 correct answers:

- The Silence Of The Lambs
- The Return Of The Living Dead
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Cannibal Holocaust
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:52 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Well done all winners!
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Damn! I forgot to send my entry in !!!! ....and not for the firts time recently I will add.

I knew all the answers too.

Well done to the winners. It's another great prize. It's not your fault I'm getting senile.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Well done guys!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:41 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Congrats to all the winners!
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well done

Like this? Share it using the links below!