Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2010, 10:57 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Dolph Lundgren Is Killing Machine - 01/08/2010 - FINISHED

Who wants to win a bad-ass kick-ass film?

Thought so.

This week's competition prize is action-man Dolph Lundgren's Dolph Lundgren Is Killing Machine . A bit of an arragant title if you ask me, but whatever. Here's the details!

Label: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Release date: 16th August 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 18
Pricing: £15.99 (DVD), £19.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Action, Thriller
Director: Dolph Lundgren
Stars: Dolph Lundgren, Stefanie von Pfetten, Samantha Ferris, Bo Svenson

Oh yes, this is also being released on Blu-Ray, so the winner will be able to pick which ever version they would like.

^ See. Told you. It's on Blu-Ray too!

DOLPH LUNDGREN IS BACK ON FORM, TAKING NAMES AND KICKING ASS.

After a prolific but less than stellar movie career in recent years, 2010 looks set to be a golden one for Swedish action superstar Dolph Lundgren, with the release of two movies that see him returning to the kind of form not seen since the glory days of ‘Rocky IV’, ‘Masters Of The Universe’ and ‘The Punisher’.

In August, Dolph will be seen starring alongside the likes of Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin and Jason Statham in the testosterone-filled ‘The Expendables’. That same month also sees the DVD and Blu-ray release of the high-octane action-thriller, Dolph Lundgren Is The Killing Machine, Dolph’s latest movie outing and his fifth feature to date as both director and star.

To his friends, family and colleagues, Edward Genn (Lundgren) is an ordinary man, a divorced father with a steady job working for an investment company. However, to others Genn is known as Icarus, a ruthless killing machine and former US sleeper agent once based in the Soviet Empire. Determined to break away and leave his dark past behind, Genn has started over with a new identity, but he soon learns you can only escape your past for so long.

When an unexpected incident in Hong Kong results in Icarus’ cover being blown, past and present collide and the one-time assassin realizes he is now the target. Worse, the people that want him dead will stop at nothing to get to him and that means going after those he cares about most—his wife and daughter.

With his life at stake, Icarus is forced to face the demons of his past in order to protect the loved ones in his present. He must fight to save the only thing he’s ever done right in his life by uncovering those who are after him and protecting his family before it’s too late.

“Extended gunfire, explosions, and an impressive body count are the order of the day” (BeyondHollywood.com) in Dolph Lundgren Is The Killing Machine, which co-stars Stefanie von Pfetten (Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief), Samantha Ferris (Supernatural) and Bo Svenson (Inglourious Bastards; Kill Bill), and is a definite must-see for Dolph Lundgren fans and those with a taste for edgy, independent action movies.

Dolph Lundgren Is The Killing Machine (cert. 18) will be release on DVD (£15.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 16th August 2010.

Oh yeah.

Before I get on to how to win this prize, take a look at the below video. I've been looking for an excuse to put a Judas Priest song into the comps, and here we have it - Judas Priest's Killing Machine!

\m/ \m/

Now, back to the competition! To win this week's prize all you need to do is create a robot. Simple. By which I mean not to build a robot. That would be silly. Imagine there was a machine, let's call it a 'Create-Your-Own-Killing-Machine Machine" in which a person would be inserted into one end, and come out the other side a robotic killing machine.

But who would you put it, and what would their robotic name and power be?

Below, just name a famous person/horror character/etc who would be put into this machine and give the name of their robot version and a weapon that makes them a...killing machine.

Easy!

The funniest and most original entries will be picked by me next sunday and placed into a hat, where I'll randomly pick the three winners.

Simple.

So good luck!!!!!

Oh, and you can enter as many times as you like, and anyone can enter, yadda yadda ya.

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 1st August 2010, 01:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Drop in one end

David Cameron

and come outta the other end

"The Common Sense Robot Prime Minister!"

Just like Robocop was out to serve and protect - Common Sense Robot Prime Minister will be programmed to see society from a working man's eyes! Perhaps make correct decisions for a better country for us all!

A difficult premise, but it may work

I'll try harder next time .. honest

I'll get my coat.
Old 1st August 2010, 07:53 PM
Cultist

Arnold Schwarzenegger

enters the machine and it becomes

Arnold Schwarzenegger

it never loses.

"He eats green berets for breakfast. And now, he is very hungry"
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

In goes Kenneth Williams and out comes...

Call-Me-Kenneth!

With a swift flick of the wrist, Kenneth can take down whole buildings, flaring his nostrils to reveal his heat-seeking death ray while sounding his terrifying war-cry of 'Ooooh.. stop messing about!'
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Tony Blair enters George Bush;

Immoral WarMachine is born and their weapon is GREED!!!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Since we're on a political footing...

Margaret Thatcher goes in one end....and David Cameron comes out the other. Not so much a robot as a one-dimensional caricature of the former PM. It's powers? It can wipe out trade unions, shut down industries, close coal mines...that kind of thing.

Hmmmm....I'll try harder next time, honest. I'll get me coat...
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Arnold Schwarzenegger is put in one end of the machine...and halfway through he smashes his way out. Ain't no machine gonna **** with Arnie.
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Darth Elvis some say he is more machine than man!

Tee hee, only kidding.

It's 1969's John, Paul, George & Ringo aka The Beatles are about to split up when John's wife Yoko decides to poison each band member killing them instantly. Returning back to Japan with the bodies of the music legends she pays Simian Industries (Creators of Mechagodzilla) to create a super robot which is formed when the zombie bodies of the four former band members come together (Pun intended).

Whenever Yoko sings The Robeatles join up to create a super robot zombie killing machine.

Your ears will be punished with the dulcet tones of Ringo Starr Destroyer! Duck down before the swinging Rickenbacker bass of Paul McCapitater takes your head clean off your shoulders! Get to high ground before George Gojirason guitar gently weeps drowning people that get in his path! Quake in your winkle pickers as Jealous Guy John Flame-on reflects the suns deadly rays in his sunglasses of doom!

The world will shake when all four Robeatles shake their head in unison, woooooooooooooooo!

The Bot Four are coming to destroy your town after Japan crumbles beneath their terrifying feet!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:36 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

There's a lot of coat-grabbing in this thread - no need to guys, these are all brilliant!!!!

Just to let everyone know, there's been a change of plan this week. Nothing major, just that this competition will close on SATURDAY rather than sunday.

Good luck again!
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

iluvdvds was put through the processor and came out as Super-Turbo-iluvdvds, firing stainless steel DVDs from his pelvis at random members of the forum.

Almar quickly dived in the processor himself and came out as Mecha-Almar and faced Super-Turbo-iluvdvds to save the forums! Threads were crushed in the mayhem and everyone had to hide in the Arrow broom closet.

But Mecha-Almar was able to push Super-Turbo-iluvdvds back into the machine and was able to reverse the process. Iluvdvds was very sorry and bought all the forum members a lovely cornish pasty. Unfortunately, the machine broke down and Mecha-Almar was stuck in his condition. He now lives on an isolated island in the South Pacific pining to be a mere mortal again. But, in his loneliness, he began to go a little mad....will he come back for revenge on the forum that made him the creature he is? Will he return? Will he bring ice cream and lemonade or death and destruction? Stay tuned folks....

Like this? Share it using the links below!