Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2010, 11:32 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Siege Of The Dead - 07/11/2010 - FINISHED

Hello! Welcome to the first ever weekly comp of the new month! October went fast, eh?

Anyways, enough of this rubbish small talk, let's get down to giving away some prizes...hopefully.

Here's what could be won this week:

“AN EFFECTIVE SLICE OF GENRE MOVIEMAKING.” – VARIETY

Taking its cues from the grim, minimalist realism of ‘[Rec]’ and ’28 Days Later’ and the fast and furious zombie action of Zack Snyder’s ‘Dawn Of The Dead’ remake, Siege Of The Dead (aka Rammbock), the superb debut feature from writer Benjamin Hessler and director Marvin Kren, is an invigorating addition to a burgeoning new wave of Euro-horror movies that is currently putting Hollywood to shame in terms of spirit and originality.

When lovelorn Michael arrives in Berlin to return a set of keys to his ex-girlfriend, Gabi, as an excuse to see her again, he finds her apartment empty save for a couple of plumbers making repairs to the central heating. Just as Michael learns from the plumber’s apprentice, Harper, that Gabi has popped out for a while but will return soon, the apprentice is attacked by his boss who has unexpectedly and inexplicably transformed into a raging madman. Together, Michael and Harper manage to bundle the crazed plumber out of the apartment and barricade themselves safely inside. Within minutes, they find themselves trapped in apartment block under siege from a horde of similarly insane people, apparently hungry for human flesh.

The radio news reports of a deadly virus spreading throughout Berlin, transmitted by body fluids via bites and bleeding wounds. The result is a city overrun by bloodthirsty zombies. Surrounded by the undead, Michael and Harper have to figure out how to stay alive long enough to get out of the building safely and, if Michael has anything to do with it, find Gabi along the way.

Starring Michael Fuith (Rimini; Free To Leave) and Theo Trebs (The White Ribbon), Siege Of The Dead is a superior zombie flick, full of creeping suspense, paranoid unease and adrenaline-boosting brutality with an unexpectedly tender moment of zombie love thrown in for good measure.

Siege Of The Dead
(cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£9.99) by Revolver Entertainment on 25th October 2010.

But how do you win?!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, take a look below - the premise of the comps has changed again this week!

Now since it's the weekend of annoying bangs and pretty colours in the sky (yes, fireworks), it made sense for this competition to be firework themed. So, over the course of this week I shall be posting up a screenshot from a horror film. All you have to do is guess, successfully which film it is from. Sounds easy right? OH NO, not this week - unless you're super clever and quick.

Weekly competitions are all about giving away prizes obviously. But as you probably know by now, I like to spice things up each week with something different to keep it fresh. This week, ironically, is no different! The main change with this week's competition is that unlike other comps there's no garentee that any prizes will be given out.

WHAT THE HELL?!

"Calm down, calm down." Now, children, playing with fireworks can be very, very dangerous. One of the most important rules to remember is if a firework doesn't go off when lit, don't go up to it or you could end up looking like Freddy Kruegur. Everyone knows the only safe way to put a firework out is with knowledge of horror films. And you better use your knowledge quick, otherwise your prize will explode into a billion pieces since it's strapped to a firework!

So, I'll post up a screenshot from a horror film. You've got a certain time to guess it by before the flame winds its way down the fuse and blows the prize up. Whoever guesses what film the screenshot is from first, wins the dvd! If nobody guesses correctly within the time limit, KABOOM! The dvd explodes and nobody wins. Mwahaha!

The time limit will be about a day or two.

I'll post the first one up in just a sec.

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 7th November 2010, 11:50 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok, here's the first one...

Just guess what the screenshot is from before the bomb explodes (within a day or two). There's no limits to guesses, just post them below.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Good Lord this is hard ... fun though! Stuck on this one for now!

Bah!

Old 7th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just guess like mad If someone's close I'll say they're warm and in the general area. Gotta snap it up, before it explodes!
Old 7th November 2010, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Just guess like mad If someone's close I'll say they're warm and in the general area. Gotta snap it up, before it explodes!
Some smarty pants will know it!

I will guess at Dead and Buried tho!

Old 7th November 2010, 05:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Re-animator?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th November 2010, 05:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Nope. It's slightly older that Re-Animator.
Old 7th November 2010, 05:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It looks Italian, maybe a Giallo of some kind but I'm just not that knowledgable with older films :'(

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th November 2010, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

zombie holocaust aka Dr butcher M.D
Old 7th November 2010, 05:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Madhouse?

Scream And Scream Again?

Like this? Share it using the links below!