Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2010, 06:16 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default SUPER COMP! - Free tickets to see Demons on the big screen! - 23/11/10 - FINISHED

Hello everyone!

Bet you wasn't expecting this, eh?

Here's one of those rarer competitions that give away something slightly different that a DVD. To celebrate Arrow's release of Demons (1 & 2!), we're giving away a pair of tickets to see the fantastic slice of Italian horror on the big screen! Oh yes!

Here's details from the site:

Demons [18]Director:Lamberto Bava• Starring:Fiore Argento, Urbano Barberini, Natasha Hovey• 1985 • 85 mins
[ From Midnight Movies, click to see full listings ]
[ Also from Special Event, click to see full listings ]
Party, with DJ Philip Ilson and cocktails in 'The Crypt' bar, from 10.00pm. Film 12midnight.

They will make cemeteries their cathedrals, and the cities will be your tombs

Prior to its re-release, Midnight Movies presents a special screening of classic gory 80s horror Demons, brought to you by Dario Argento who penned and produced it. One fateful night in a Berlin cinema, art imitates life as one by one the audience are possessed by blood-hungry, puss-filled demons.

Dress code: 80s fashions (anything goes). The best dressed will win a prize pack including DVDs courtesy of Arrow Video, plus other goodies.

So if you're free this coming Friday evening and live within traveling distance of Shaftesbury Avenue then why not give this a go?! Here's how to win the tickets:

The 1980s. Fasion. Big hair. Horror boom. And of course...the rubix cube ( I think). So, in keeping with this, all you have to do is guess the director that the below cube is dedicated to. Easy peasy! Once you think you know who the director is, simply PM me your answer.

This friday at about 2pm, I'll put all the correct answers into a hat and pick a name out. That person will win themselves a pair of tickets to see Demons! A pair of tickets you can do with what you like - take a luved one, or why not go with a fellow Cult Labber?

Here's the cube:

And here's the original for no reason what so ever

Well good luck everyone!

Kyle
Old 23rd November 2010, 07:42 PM
Active Cultist

Wish I'd have any use for the tickets because it's a nice easy one.
Old 26th November 2010, 02:23 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Any news on the winner Kyle?
Old 26th November 2010, 02:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Wah! Sorry guys, should've announced the winners at hour ago - something cropped up. Anyways, I've put those who PMed me the correct answer (Wes Craven) into a hat and will now randomly select a winner. Good luck guys!

Here goes...

And the name chosen is...

Inspector Tanzi!

Congratulations Tanzi! You've just won a pair of tickets to see Demons tonight at Shaftsbury Avenue!

Woo!
Old 26th November 2010, 02:44 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I think all you have to do when you get there tonight is give your name as 'Inspector Tanzi'
Old 26th November 2010, 02:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I think all you have to do when you get there tonight is give your name as 'Inspector Tanzi'
Ok I'm just gunna turn up and say my name is Inspector Tanzi. Haha jk. Got my tix. Travelling from near bristol and staying up all night! Is there anything to do after?
Old 26th November 2010, 02:58 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Wah! Sorry guys, should've announced the winners at hour ago - something cropped up. Anyways, I've put those who PMed me the correct answer (Wes Craven) into a hat and will now randomly select a winner. Good luck guys!

Here goes...

And the name chosen is...

Inspector Tanzi!

Congratulations Tanzi! You've just won a pair of tickets to see Demons tonight at Shaftsbury Avenue!

Woo!
Great

What's the best time for me to get there Kyle?

Anyone else coming?
Old 26th November 2010, 03:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Ok I'm just gunna turn up and say my name is Inspector Tanzi. Haha jk. Got my tix. Travelling from near bristol and staying up all night! Is there anything to do after?

You could try, but it wouldn't work! It's under his real name, now.

If you want some more information, take a look at this link guys - Curzon Cinemas | Venues | Soho | Welcome to Curzon Soho
Old 26th November 2010, 03:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Great

What's the best time for me to get there Kyle?

Anyone else coming?

Well, before it starts It looks like Deacon's going tonight as well Hope you both have a great time!
Old 26th November 2010, 03:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Ye I'll be there just after 10. Can't wait! Just found an awesome trailer for it, check this out:

youtube /watch?v=_cNjTdFHL8E

Soz wont let me post proper links caus dont have enough posts.

Like this? Share it using the links below!