Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2010, 10:03 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Deep Red - 19/12/10 - FINISHED

I dont have much time to do this today, since I've got a train to catch - so here's all the details you need...

DARIO ARGENTO’S FIRST FULL-FLEDGED MASTERPIECE… THE FILM’S MURDERS ARE GORGEOUS TO THE POINT OF DISTRACTION.” – SLANT MAGAZINE.

Directed by Dario Argento in 1975, just two years before ‘Suspiria’ brought him global fame, Deep Red set the standards by which all his future works would be judged and still remains one of his most effective, shocking and impressive works to date.

Starring David Hemmings (Barbarella; Blowup) and Daria Nicolodi (Inferno, Phenomena; Tenebrae), Deep Red is, arguably, the ultimate ‘giallo’, a tense and unsettling psychological thriller packed with the kind of camerawork and cinematic set pieces that would become Argento’s trademark.

Flesh ripped clean from the bone… and the blood runs red…

The bloody kills and red herrings come thick and fast as Dario Argento weaves a twisted web of sadistic intrigue in this classic Giallo from the genre’s golden era.

A black-gloved killer hacks a psychic to death but there was a witness…

Marcus Daly, an English pianist, rushes to the scene but he’s too late to save her. He sets out to solve the murder but at every turn the mysterious slayer strikes, cutting off each line of enquiry with acts of grisly violence, each more shocking than the last!

A surreal masterpiece from Dario Argento with a pounding score from cult prog rockers Goblin, Deep Red will leave you battered and breathless!

Deep Red (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£12.99) and Blu-ray (£16.99) by Arrow Video on 3rd January 2011.

Blu-ray Edition contains:

Two versions of the film completely uncut for the first time in the UK, brand new transfer of the Director’s cut in High Definition (1080p), Optional Dolby 5.1/Stereo Italian Audio and Mono/Stereo English* Audio, brand new transfer of the international theatrical cut in High Definition (1080p), reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work, two-sided fold-out poster with new art work, exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on Deep Red by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento’

Special Features

Introduction by composer Claudio Simonetti (1080p), audio commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock, Rosso Recollections – Dario’s Deep Genius (1080p), Lady in Red: Daria Nicolodi remembers Profondo Rosso (1080p), Music to Murder For! Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red (1080p), original Italian Trailer (1080p) TBC, original Trailer (1080p) TBC, A Tour of the Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi (1080p)

DVD Edition contains:

Two versions of the film completely uncut for the first time in the UK, brand new transfer of the Director’s cut in High Definition, optional Dolby 5.1/Stereo Italian Audio and Mono/Stereo English* Audio, brand new transfer of the international theatrical cut , reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work, two-sided fold-out poster with new art work, exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on Deep Red by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento’

Special Features

Introduction by composer Claudio Simonetti, audio commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock, Rosso Recollections – Dario’s Deep Genius, Lady in Red: Daria Nicolodi remembers Profondo Rosso, Music to Murder For! Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red, original Italian TrailermTBC, original Trailer TBC, A Tour of the Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi

*The English Audio track on the Director’s Cut has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. The English audio has been painstakingly assembled from various audio sources and represents the most complete audio available in a Mono/Stereo audio mix.

Now all you have to to do to win this is pretty straight-forward (not to say, easy). Simply, click on the three links below which will each send you to three different videos. Simply recognize the faces and guess what film they belong to. PM me your three guesses and away we go.

Good luck and merry christmas!

Here's the links!

1) ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab

2) ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab

3)ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab

Kyle
Old 20th December 2010, 12:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Great comp yet again Kyle, those videos are hilarious!

No clue what films they are from mind.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Struggling with the 2nd one, great job!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 20th December 2010, 01:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

LOL my head of at the vids. As usual a great comp,
Must be hard work trying to come up with different ideas every wk, Well done keep up the good work,
They dont keep still long enough for me to get a proper look, So i havent managed to get any ..Yet ,
Old 20th December 2010, 02:06 PM
Cultist in Training

Got number 1 and 3 but 2 has me stumped.

Hold on, just got number 2!
Old 20th December 2010, 05:10 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I'm truly stumped, all I recognise is Cushing in the first pic and Nero in the third.
Old 20th December 2010, 05:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I know number 1. Can't stop laughing at the other two to recognise anyone.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 20th December 2010, 05:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think I've got number 1.. others are stumping me though!
Old 20th December 2010, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good luck to all!

Argento's Deep Red is awesome!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:30 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Got a few answers already! Be sure to create your own videos - they're SUPER easy and really funny - especially when its the faces of the people you know.

Like this? Share it using the links below!