Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2011, 01:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Savage Streets - 12/06/2011 - FINISHED & SENT

Helloooo!

Wanna win some more prizes? Of course you do - stupid question that. This week's prize is none other than...

“A GENUINE BLAST FROM START TO FINISH… SPORTING A GRITTY EDGE, A PUMPING HEART AND A HEAVY DOSE OF UNADULTERATED FUN.” – DVD VERDICT.

A film that gained much notoriety at the time of its original release for star Linda Blair’s totally gratuitous nude scene and her blatant use of the ‘c’ word, the outrageous vigilante action flick Savage Streets is without a doubt one of 80s exploitation cinema’s greatest guilty pleasures. Now, this undisputed classic is coming to DVD completely uncut for the first time in the UK and featuring a host of extra features including audio commentaries by the cast and crew, interviews with Linda Blair and Linnea Quigley, and much more.

Directed by Danny Steinmann (Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning; The Unseen) and starring Blair (The Exorcist), John Vernon (Animal House) and legendary Hollywood scream queen Linnea Quigley (Return Of The Living Dead; Night Of The Demons; Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers), Savage Streets is an all-out celebration of violence, nudity, big hair, poor fashion decisions and chicks with attitude.

During a night out cruising around Hollywood Boulevard, tough-talking high schooler Brenda (Blair) and her gang of sassy girlfriends, The Satins, cross paths with a bunch of local low life thugs calling themselves The Scars. When their advances on the girls are spurned in no uncertain terms and their prized convertible ends up dumped full of garbage, The Scars suffer a severe blow to their combined ego that demands a response.

Their barbaric retaliation takes the form of a violent sexual assault on Brenda’s deaf-mute little sister, Heather (Quigley), that leaves the young girl fighting for her life. Determined to avenge her sister, Brenda tools up with an unlikely assortment of deadly weapons and takes to the streets in search of those responsible and for whom she is unwilling to show any mercy.

Savage Streets (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£11.99) by Arrow Video on 20th June 2011.

Special Features
Brand new transfer of the film, uncut for the first time in the UK; audio commentary by stars Sal Landi, Robert Dryer and Director of Photography Stephen Posey; audio commentary by director Danny Steinmann; audio commentary by producer John Strong and stars Robert Dryer and Johnny Venocur; interviews with Linda Blair, Linnea Quigley, Robert Dryer and John Strong; collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on Savage Streets by Kier-la Janisse, author of “A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi” and “House of Psychotic Women”; original trailer; reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork; double-sided fold-out poster; original mono audio.

Oh freaking yes!

Rules on how to win will be up in a sec...

In the meantime, listen to this

Old 13th June 2011, 01:27 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And here's how to win...

Savage Streets. I'm currently looking for a new apartment to live in and one of the most important parts of finding a suitable place is it's location. Which is why I'm trying to avoid London - You come from South East London and every street is full of savages, I believe they are called Chavs. Or Tossers.

Anyways...

All you have to do is take a look at the following (often) Savage Streets and guess the film that was shot on that location. Simple! Note: Not all the films are horrors. Oh, and one is the location of the events a film is based on - an easy one.

So, let's play LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

Think you know the answers? PM me them!

The three people to get the most films correct wins Savage Streets - easy peasy. If there's a draw, you'll be put into a random draw. Comp ends sunday and ANYONE can enter!

Good luck,

Kyle

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 13th June 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

this is a hard comp this week Kyle because different films could be shot in the same location.

Take number 10 for instance, i can think of at least 3 films shot in that location.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wow! Tough!

Edit: nope, no chance!
Old 13th June 2011, 01:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
this is a hard comp this week Kyle because different films could be shot in the same location.

Take number 10 for instance, i can think of at least 3 films shot in that location.
Fair point Pedro. Though all the locations are either unique to that film OR if not, that locations is a key part of the main film and is often the first film that would spring to mind. Take 10 for instance, the correct answer is the one that is most well known for that scene.

Admitedly, 7 is a bit ambiguous - so I'm going to change that one now.

EDIT: 7 has now been changed.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 13th June 2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Wow! Tough!

Edit: nope, no chance!
Haha! You give up too soon I'm going to be giving clues out via PM if you get stuck
Old 13th June 2011, 08:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Damn! Too hard for me. I can only name 2. And I've been on google for an hour looking up films I think they might be...

ah well, good luck to everyone else!
Old 13th June 2011, 09:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah, I've only got 2 as well. Well, 2 I am definitely sure if. Still might as well chuck my answers in and see if there are any hints though.
Old 13th June 2011, 09:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, I've only got 2 as well. Well, 2 I am definitely sure if. Still might as well chuck my answers in and see if there are any hints though.
I have had a go at 5 of them, all wrong most likely.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

ha ha k made a toughie
i know 2 but recognize 2 more!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!