Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2011, 11:03 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Man With The Severed Head - 11/09/2011 - finished

Oh yes, that's right, this week's competition we're giving away the very first Arrowdrome release! Boo ya!

Woohoo! Here's some details on the upcoming release...

THE MIND OF A MAN, THE HEAD OF A KILLER.

From the dusty vaults of Eurociné, the production grindhouse that’s left a permanent stain on cinema’s reputation, ArrowDrome brings you The Man With The Severed Head.

Spain’s greatest horror icon Paul Naschy is transformed into a raging psychopath in this sleazy ride to murder and depravity from a time when exploitation cinema ruled the fleapits of Europe.

When a jewellery heist goes awry, Jack Surnett (Naschy) finds himself with a bullet in his head and few options. Luckily, his gang have the novel idea to transplant his brain into the corpse of their arch nemesis, a gangster called The Sadist. But as he settles into his new body, Jack feels sinister urges welling up inside, urges that will lead him down a path to madness, torture and murder.

The Man With The Severed Head (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£tbc) by ArrowDrome on 12th September 2011. Special Features include: additional erotic scenes; featurette with star Paul Naschy; “Paul Naschy In America: An Interview With Distributor Sam Sherman” booklet.

But how do you win this 'classic' Spanish exploitation flick? Simples. Just read below and join in the game. It should be a laugh....

Well, inspired by the new Cult Labbers Guide To The World thread and my recent trip to the lamest (ex)House of Wax in the world mixed with the inspiration that came from this film, I've come up with the following competition.

This is how it'll work...

Everyone who wants to take part simply say below before tuesday. I've got a hat full of famous faces/name in a hat at the ready. I'll be randomly selecting a name and PMing each person who wants to join it along with a picture of said person. Then it's your turn to do some work. You'll have to put your artistic cap on as you try to draw your chosen person's face. This MUST be handdrawn (either on paper and then scanned OR via Paint or a similar program). Once you've done that simply PM me it and I'll take it from there.

Once I've recieved your masterpiece of a picture (lol) I'll stick your drawn face onto the real body of the chosen person and put it up on here. Once it's up other players must try to figure out who your drawing is of (and you must try and figure out who everyone elses artwork is meant to ressemble). Once you've got it figured out - or think you have - simply PM me your guesses.

There's three ways to win this competition and they are...

#1) Whoever guesses the most drawings correct (if it's a tie, you'll be entered into a random draw.)

#2) Your picture was correctly guessed the most (again, if it's a draw, your name will be pulled from a hat).

#3) The best picture imo will also win.

So the trick of this is to make the drawing not so obvious as to who it is (to make it trickier for others to get as many as you have correct) but to not make it too difficult to guess (for the purpose of #2).

Make sense? Any questions, ask away.

So, who's up for a bit of fun? Just say if you want to join in below

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 11th September 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Go on then, I'll give it a go!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th September 2011, 11:07 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Horray!
Old 11th September 2011, 11:19 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh, and of course don't feel like you have to be an incredible artist to take part. Quite the contary! It's just a bit of fun - so if you're terrible at drawing, all the better!
Old 11th September 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

im in even tho I lack a creative bone in my body
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Rik like this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 11th September 2011, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

haha - brilliant! I'm definitely in . . .
Old 11th September 2011, 01:09 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I'll have a go. I can't draw freehand. I can't use Paint. I don't have Paint. Should be a breeze.
Old 11th September 2011, 02:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Count me in!
Old 11th September 2011, 02:36 PM
Cultist

I'll have a go too please
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th September 2011, 02:37 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

'Likes' for all! I'm feeling generous today.

Like this? Share it using the links below!