Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Cannibal Holocaust - 18/09/2011 - FINISHED

I would never have thought in a million years that I'd be running a competition, giving away a practically uncut version of Cannibal Holocaust here in the UK! But here it is

So here's all you need to know to win either the DVD or Blu-Ray!

THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL FILM EVER MADE, NOW ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND FEATURING A BRAND NEW EDIT BY DIRECTOR RUGGERO DEODATO.

Described by Film Threat in a Five Star review as “excellent… legendary… there’s no other film like it… there never will be”, director Ruggero Deodato’s Cannibal Holocaust remains one of the most shocking and controversial films of all time. Now, for the first time ever and exclusively for Shameless Screen Entertainment, Deodato has revisited his classic of horror cinema to produce a brand new Director’s Edit of the film especially for its High Definition debut on Blu-ray.

This new Director’s Edit, which removes or partially hides several instances of animal slaughter, will be released as a special Blu-ray and as two-disc DVD edition that includes both the new version and the original version of Cannibal Holocaust, along with a host of extras specially commissioned for this release.

In a statement issued expressly for this new edit made for Shameless explaining the artistic decision to re-edit the film, Deodato says, “At the time, I would have preferred not to kill the animals during the making of the film, but this was requested by the producers. We’d sent them some early dailies and they kept calling us on set in the jungle asking us to shoot increasingly bloody scenes.

“I would not change anything to the film, its structure and content, aside from the fact that, now – thirty years later – I’ve reassessed the way the animals were dealt with. Now I would not do it.”

An extremely violent and gory film, containing strong sex, sexual violence and animal slaughter, Cannibal Holocaust is a powerful and provocative work concerning a crew of documentary filmmakers who go missing while filming primitive cannibal tribes deep in the Amazonian rain forest. The horrific footage they shot before disappearing is found by the members of a second expedition who soon discover the horrific truth behind their demise.

“Without doubt deserving of its reputation as one of the most disgusting and nihilistic films ever made [and] easily as shocking today as it was over [thirty years] ago… Cannibal Holocaust is an impressive and surprisingly intelligent film” (Beyond Hollywood.com) with a “raw, undeniable power, which has been imitated, but never quite equalled” (The Digital Fix).

Cannibal Holocaust (cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) and two-disc DVD (£19.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 26th September 2011.

Special Features
Introduction to the original film by director Ruggero Deodato
Introduction to the new Director’s Edit by Ruggero Deodato.
“Film And Be Damned” – inteview with Ruggero Deodato and actor Carl G. Yorke.
“The Long Road Back From Hell” – specially commissioned documentary by Cine Excess featuring Kim Newman, Professor Julian Petley, Professor Mary Wood, Ruggero Deodato, Carl G. Yorke and actress Francesca Ciardi.
Theatrical Trailer.

Easter Egg.
Shameless Trailer Park.

So how do you win?

Well for those who have seen the film one quote stands out above the rest. "Ahhhhhh!" There's also another quote that suggests maybe we are the cannibals. So, let's play about with that idea. What if we were all really cannibals - and I'm not talking in a metaphorical hoity-toity way either.

Let's imagine you each owned your own cannibal restraunt and I'm a very hungry cannibal. But which three restraunts shall I visit? Come up with a restraunt name, a three course meal to salivate any cannibal's tastebuds and anything else you can think of to get me buying at your restraunt. The three best entries each win themselves Cannibal Holocaust on either DVD or Blu-ray (their choice obviously).

Add pictures if you like - do whatever you can to make your restaunt stand out!

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 19th September 2011, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is gonna be a load of fun, can't wait to see people's ideas!

Violence is Italian Art
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th September 2011, 06:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Might as well get the ball rolling with my Modest Proposal*

Kentucky Fried Children

Mad photoshop skillz not present

For all your infant-based cannibalistic fast food needs. Why bother eating stale, chewy, wrinkly adults when the flesh is fresher from a child?

The menu:

1) Starter - The F-eat-us Feast

A bargain bucket of delightful foetus', deep-fried for your enjoyment.

2) Main - Baby-n's on Toast

Succulent babies spread across toasted bread. A must-have meal for any discerning cannibal. Side order of off-spring onions optional.

3) Desert - I Scream

A selection of kiddy-puréed ice creams. Chef's special is the Junior Mint flavour

Drinks available on request. Highly recommended is a nice cool refreshing glass of inFanta - orange juice distilled from the blood of the newly-born. Available in a half-pint glass.

*Jonathan Swift reference there, English Literature fans!
Old 19th September 2011, 06:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well done, Kyle!

Greetings!
Old 19th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

The Dark King has been working on opening a chain of Burger joints called Burger Sith, ain't no flame grilled burgers in my restaurant, I cook my meat with force lightning, lava & lightsabre!

The house burger is known as the Stormburger. A stormtrooper patty which has been forced choked to seal in the flavour before being sliced up with my lightsabre and cooked up good & crispy with force lightning. This burger is served up with red harvest sauce, an ewok fritter & blue milkshake on the side.

For those who like their meat on the bone we have Skywalkers, deep fried Jedi fingers. This is an ideal starter served on a bed of Tauntaun intestines and you thought they smelt bad on the outside!

To finish off your meal we have Sticky Toffee Padme. What tastes better than the galaxies hottest hottie covered with sticky toffee sauce! The Dark King is salivating at the thought!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Cannibal Holocaust - 18/09/2011 - FINISHED-burger-sith.jpg  
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Last edited by darthelvis; 20th September 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 19th September 2011, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I would like Sticky toffee Padme in my mouth.
darthelvis likes this.
Old 19th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Cultist in Training

nice comp but I lazy so I just gonna buy it
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th September 2011, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Il Ristorante di cannibale

"Where fine dining means a bloody good time."

1st course
Brain and bile soup featuring brains with no less than 150 IQ

2nd course
Braised toddler liver and spleen over al dente cooked fingers and toes topped with a thick and creamy blood sauce.

3rd course
Mashed eyeballs chilled to perfection with a whipped cream topping
Old 19th September 2011, 08:58 PM
Active Cultist

I invite you to experience the ultimate in Italian Cannibal cuisine: DEODATO'S is opening its doors to cult labs members this week with a 15% off all pre-teen finger snacks (and yes, we DO remove the nails)

However, this is but a hors* d'oeuvre for the delectable three course meal that we offer you:

1)Italian head cheese soup - made from genuine Italian male, harvested in his prime, and marinated/strung up a la Gein for a minimum of 24 days.

2) Sliced penis brulée with an entrecote of dead child spleen, served with a side salad made from vaginal skin.

3) Toasted eyeball paté, with a sweet and creamy powdered lung sauce.

Please note all orders are subject to a 15% service charge, failure to pay this will result in your being tomorrow's lunch

Bon appétit!!

*No equine products used in the making of this dish, that would be sick.

^Click for Primitive Doom Metal
Old 19th September 2011, 09:50 PM
Active Cultist

People
"People, eat the shit out of them"

1) Head Soup - A freshly decapitated head is spooned out and filled with the blood of a freshly sacrificed virgin and slowly simmered until it reaches the perfect temperature. Then the skin of a newborn is peeled and shredded into the soup and mixed to create the perfect creamy texture.

2) Un Humaine Andalou - My favorite part of the meal. To recreate the scene from the short film "Un Chien Andalou," we have our chefs perfectly slice open the eyeball of a young Andalusian woman directly on your plate. These juices top the Andalusian steak that is waiting for you to devour it. This steak is cut from the perfectly sized Andalusian male's hindquarters. You can order it rare, medium rare, or well done.

3) Cocksicles - Each of the young men that are caught for our fine establishment are all immediately removed of their penises. These penises are put into a chiller. Then they are injected with a flavor baster. There is over 30 flavors to choose from, including (but not limited to) Banana Brain, Strawberry Spleen, Yummy Uterus, and Ham Heart.

Another option at the restaurant is for those with a taste for feces. If they want they can literally eat the shit out of a roasted corpse. Not my favorite.

Last edited by jiraffejustin; 20th September 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!