Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2011, 02:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED

Who here would like to get their mits on Arrow Video's latest Blu-Ray release, The Exterminator out next monday (the 7th)? Well, look no further....

THE MAN THEY PUSHED TOO FAR.

Notorious at the time of its original 1980 theatrical release for its shockingly real decapitation sequence and other scenes of graphic violence, The Exterminator comes to Blu-ray for the first time in the UK boasting a host of extra features that include an introduction to the film by director by James Glickenhaus (McBain: The Protector) and an audio commentary by the film’s producer, Mark Buntzman (Love Kills; Exterminator 2). Retaining much of its power to shock to this day, this classic vigilante action-thriller stars Robert Ginty (Coming Home), Samantha Eggar (The Astronaut’s Wife; The Phantom; The Brood) and Christopher George (City Of The Living Dead).

John Eastland (Ginty) has been to Vietnam and he’s seen things... things you wouldn’t believe. Having survived a torture ordeal and witnessed the brutal deaths of his friends, he returns home to a tough neighbourhood in New York and his loving family. But when some local thugs take a dislike to his best friend Mike, leaving him paralysed, something snaps in Eastland. Did he fight the Vietcong for this?

Taking the law into his own hands, the former marine sets out to clean the streets of every low-life, good-for-nothing gangbanger, mobster and ghetto ghoul across the city in a savage orgy of vigilante vengeance.

The Exterminator
(cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) by Arrow Video on 7th November 2011.

Special Features
Introduction to the film by director James Glickenhaus; Fire And Slice: Making The Exterminator - an interview with James Glickenhaus; 42nd Street Then And Now – a tour of New York’s former sleaze circuit with director Frank Henenlotter; audio commentary by Mark Buntzman, producer of The Exterminator and writer-director of The Exterminator II, moderated by Calum Waddell; collectors’ booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by critic David Hayles; reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork; double sided fold out artwork poster; original 1.78:1 aspect ratio; original uncompressed LPCM mono audio.

To win...

All you have to do is...

Since it's Halloween, simply post a picture of either

a) Your costume this year!

b) A past Halloween costume

c) An idea for an awesome costume.

The three greatest winners will each win themselves this Blu-Ray!

GOOD LUCK!

THE EXTERMINATOR IS OUT ON THE 7TH NOVEMBER - ORDER YOURS HERE!

Kyle
Old 31st October 2011, 03:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Halloweeny themed comp..nice idea Kyle

hmm...a good idea for a costume would be a prosthetic with eye missing on your head and then wearing a torn up tee shirt with body parts hanging out of the holes. together with a skeleton leg prosthetic for legs with blood and gore all over.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st October 2011, 03:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This was my costume last year!

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.
Old 31st October 2011, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Although we don't celebrate Halloween() we have carnavali so here me as a hippie and as a spycho killer
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-dsc02198.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-.jpg  
Old 31st October 2011, 04:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Here I am dressed as The Hulkster, Hulk Hogan. All shaved, bleached & fake tanned to the hilt.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-dsc_1014.jpg   Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-dsc_0966.jpg  
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 31st October 2011, 04:45 PM
Cultist

It's not me, it's my little boy ~ dressed him up as Chucky for the Sheffield Fright Night (yesterday) ...freaked loads of people out :-)

gag, PaulD, InDogWeTrust and 2 others like this.
Old 31st October 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Here's a few of me over the weekend
Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1320092131.875193.jpg
Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1320092197.090263.jpg
Weekly Comp - The Exterminator - 30/10/2011 - FINISHED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1320092221.756087.jpg

Sometimes, dead is better
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st October 2011, 08:26 PM
Cult Rookie

I don't have a picture of her, (god, I wish I did...or could at least find her on Facebook) but I fell in love with this one girl a couple of years back when the Obama/McCain election was going on. This wonderful woman was dressed as Sarah Palin and had a stuffed polar bear bursting out of her chest and named herself "PALIEN". Genius. I was drunk as hell and followed her around that night, expressing my love for her. She said, "but your girlfriend is hot." I acknowledged that fact but told her I was simply taken by her originality. My girlfriend agreed that Palien was awesome and we all took a picture together (I was a dirty priest and she was a bad catholic schoolgirl). I gave Palien (who claims her real name was Dixie) my email address to forward the picture, but never heard from her again.

Dear Palien, if you are out there by chance reading this British cult movie forum, PM me!!
Old 31st October 2011, 08:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

How about Dr Freudstein from HBTC
Or Bub from Day of the Dead?
If I had a kid I would dress him up as the killer from Phenomena.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullboy View Post

Dear Palien, if you are out there by chance reading this British cult movie forum, PM me!!
And you best hope your girlfriend isn't by chance reading this forum..

I'm dead I'm the water in this comp. Never dressed up for Halloween ever. Well, I do have my Mexican wrestler mask, I suppose..

Like this? Share it using the links below!