Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2011, 04:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Super Comp - Shameless' Horrid Halloween Giveaway - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED

Along with The Exterminator and The Signed Insidious Super Comp, this week I'm also running another incredible competition for you Cult Labbers - and this time, the prize includes a totally exclusive, money-cant-buy item that you're all bound to want!

Up for grabs in this Competition is the chance to win all off the below...

Cult Lab's member Napalm-In-The-Morning has very kindly created some incredible yellow skulls specifically for this comeptition. With it's bright yellow colour, these would look incredible bookended on your Shameless collection! And what's more, these skulls aren't any old exclusive skulls, oooh no, for Napalm-In-The-Morning works for the FX company known as Skulls Direct (Skulls Direct - Skull Film Props, Human Skull Models, Gothic and Vampire Skulls and Bespoke Horror Film Props ) and have made skulls for Pirates Of The Caribbean, Waking The Dead, The Body Farm, Doctor Who and many others. Check out the link for more details!

Here's some pics of the skulls...

Check out his thread here - http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/coll...tml#post187060

Also...

Shameless'

BACK FROM THE BANNED.

When Ruggero Deodato, the director of über-controversial “Cannibal Holocaust”, teamed up with David Hess, the notorious “Krug” in “The Last House On The Left”, their maverick talents exploded in the feat of unrelenting sleaze that is The House On The Edge Of The Park.

Alex (Hess) is a psychopath and his friend Ricky (Giovanni L. Radice) an easily led simpleton. When the unlikely pair is invited to an upscale house party where they are ridiculed by their debauched young hosts, Alex decides that he and his straight edged razor deserve some fun. Together the two streetwise punks take the unprepared partygoers on a journey of violence, debasement and forced sex. And that’s before events turn really nasty…

Deodato’s unwavering gritty direction keeps the tension unbearably tight and the psychological nuances of Hess and Radice’s powerhouse performances deliver uncomfortably challenging scenes so close to the bone that this originally banned Video Nasty remains one of the most contentious pictures in UK censorship history.

The House On The Edge Of The Park (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 31st October 2011. Special Features include: exclusive interview with star David Hess and director Ruggero Deodato; introduction by David Hess; debate with Deodato, star Radice and the UK Censors; David Hess on censorship; theatrical trailer; English and Italian (with English subtitles) audio options.

AND!!!

THE RETURN OF THE SLASHER NASTIES

Shameless proudly presents a historic collection of 3 Italian shockers, curated with an exclusive Kim Newman essay on THE THREE FACES OF ITALIAN EXPLOITATION, in a must-have homage to slashers, nasties & videotapes..

Disc 1 - KILLER NUN
Branded as obscene around the world & banned outright in UK

Presented for 1st time uncut, this banned Video Nasty, is one of the most over the top of the Nunsploitation genre. Based on the true story of Sister Gertrude, played in a powerhouse performance by Swedish Sex Siren Anita Ekberg who has stepped out of the Dolce Vita’s Trevi fountain, turned junkie and now stalks innocent young nuns for kinky sex whilst torturing, killing and robbing aging pensioners to fuel her morphine addiction.

Disc 2 - TORSO
The proto-slasher

“It's such a fantastic Italian slasher film. … Torso is his [Sergio Martino] masterpiece. It's so brilliantly photographed… but what's so great about Torso is the awesome lesbian subplot. I mean, Torso was a huge influence on Hostel II… The last 15 minutes of Torso are just some of the best film-making I've ever seen..” Eli Roth

In Perugia (!) a black gloved saw-wielding killer starts effective slayer multi-tasking by mutilating a cast of co-ed beauties !

Disc 3 - NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS
You can tell yourself it’s only a movie but it won’t help!

Please mind the half-dead girls between the platform edge and the train as you board a cinematic ride into terror that was banned as a Video Nasty. This is the 1st ever release - now uncut and complete - of Aldo Lado’s acknowledged superior response to The Last House on the Left. This chillingly well-made claustrophobic slasher-thriller (also featuring an Ennio Morricone score) sears the brains of those who dare watch it.

Special Features
- Exclusive Interview with star Anita Ekberg
- Boxset Extra: Specially commissioned booklet by Kim Newman: THE THREE FACES OF ITALIAN EXPLOITATION.

The Slasher Nasties set will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 24 October 2011.[/QUOTE]

One very lucky winner will win ALL three prizes!

Two lucky runner-ups will each get themselves both the House On The Edge Of The Park and the Shameless Slasher Box Set!

Sticking with the Halloween theme, all you have to do is post up a picture of your carved Halloween pumpkin! Show it off!

Obviously, if you do do this, try and include either yourself in the pic or write cult labs on a bit of paper near the pumpkin, just so we know it's no fake!

OR,

If you don't have a camera, you can still enter. Simply customise this pumpkin on the computer and post it in the thread!

The winners will be chosen next monday - the 7th and anyone can enter, as many times as they like.

So, GOOD LUCK!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!

Kyle
Old 31st October 2011, 04:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Mine are about to go mouldy - will have to get pics soon!
Old 31st October 2011, 05:10 PM
Cultist

oh god oh god oh god

threecompsinaweekiamabouttohaveaverystrongerection
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st October 2011, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Mine are all damaged from the candles, but I posted them on Facebook and in the Halloween thread over the weekend. Here they are anyway
Super Comp - Shameless' Horrid Halloween Giveaway - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1320091890.201570.jpg
Super Comp - Shameless' Horrid Halloween Giveaway - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1320091947.937839.jpg
I got help from my 3 year old with Scooby Doo and my 7 year old son with Spider-man

Sometimes, dead is better
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st October 2011, 08:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Painting the skull yellow was my idea I demand a percentage of any profits

Aint got no pumpkins where I'm at, but maybe I'll have a play around with that uncarved image . . .
Old 1st November 2011, 01:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can't take the credit, but my best mate made a cracking Gene Simmons pumpkin on Sunday!

Old 1st November 2011, 03:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well, it's not exactly carved but I did this one with my nephews.
Attached Thumbnails
Super Comp - Shameless' Horrid Halloween Giveaway - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED-imag0097.jpg  
Old 1st November 2011, 05:01 PM
Cultist

Carved one the day before Halloween with the family, but we were rushed and it looked like it. So I will carve a new one tonight and post it in a day or two.
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:38 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Default A cat style pumpkin was carved in our house.....

......but he/she was a little ill during the carving process!
Attached Thumbnails
Super Comp - Shameless' Horrid Halloween Giveaway - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED-halloween-2011-20-.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Mine are about to go mouldy - will have to get pics soon!
Yeah Kyle is a mean SOB asking everyone to go post pics after the pumpkin is in the compost or smashed down the street

Like this? Share it using the links below!