Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2011, 04:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Super Comp - Signed Insidious Goodies! - 31/10/2011 - FINISHED

To celebrate Halloweeny, Cult Labs have gone mad with the competitions! Just check out the 'Kyle's Comp Index' thread for more info.

What better way to get into the spirit than with a Super Comp giving away an incredible prize centering around one of the best ghostly horror films of recent years.

One very, VERY luck winner will get themselves a copy of Insidious on Blu-Ray (or DVD if you so wish), a very cool t-shirt and, the cherry on the cake, the piece de la resistance...a rare poster of Insidious that's signed by the film's maker's James Wan and Leigh Wannell!

HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT?!

Here's a picture of what this one lucky winner will get...

Since it's Halloween, it's time to sit around the campfire, eat a few melted marshmellows and scare each other senseless with 'true' scary stories.

I've supplied the campfire...

Now it's your job to come up with the 'true' stories! The spookiest entry will win themselves this incredible prize. There's no limit to the amount of times you enter or where you live - this is worldwide, as all the Cult Labs Comps are.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Kyle

BOO!
Old 31st October 2011, 04:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Closing date next Sunday?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st October 2011, 04:39 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Closing date next Sunday?
Ah, I knew I forgot something! Closing date's next Monday - the 7th

I'll post a story I used to tell when I was at uni that spread like wildfire, just as soon as I've finished setting up the other Super Comp this Halloweeny.
Old 31st October 2011, 05:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Love the poster...wanted it for ages now so deffo want to win this!

here is my first entry

Happy Halloweeny!

A family who have been though an ordeal of losing a mother and a wife, move to a new city to start a fresh. They see a house for sale that Mark the father falls in love with however his youngest son Aaron does not seem to like the house at all while his older brother Kieran does not mind it.

Mark buys the Dutch colonial house and moves his belongings in. During the first night, Aaron wakes up screaming and in a sweat; the Farther rushes to his room and asks what happened. Aaron responds while crying, "I keep hearing voices telling me Mom is burning in hell". The father has a shocked look on his face and tells Aaron "it was only a dream Aaron" and gives him a hug while Aaron just stares at the corner of his room with a frightened look.

Slowly the activity starts to get extreme fast, after a week Kieran’s mood starts to change and becomes very quiet and not himself. Aaron becomes so scared that he sleeps with his father. One night the lights start to flicker and as they go off the family see shadows edge closer at every flicker and then *bang* the lights go off and Aaron is pushed towards the wall with a violent force and then disappears into the wall.
Kieran starts to see a woman dressed in nothing but a black gown at night in his room for a week. At the end of that week the woman edges closer to him and whispers’ "Darling Kieran its Samantha your Mum, you can do anything you want to me". This throws Kieran back and then her face morphs into a demon and he gets thrown up onto the ceiling.

Next morning they find Aaron in his room in the corner talking to a imaginary friend. This turns out to be a demon that was summoned by the previous owners who was murdered in the basement. The demon turns Aaron and one night Aaron walks into Kieran’s room and flicks his hand and his brothers’ body snaps in half as blood pours everywhere. Then he walks to his father’s room and tortures him until finally saying "welcome to hell" and punches his chest and pulls his heart out and squishes it as blood sprays all over. He then calls police and cries on the phone, social services come and re homes him with foster family.

The End.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st November 2011, 01:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

About 20 years ago there were rumours going around my primary school that there were killer clowns that took children away in a blue van. I, having seen Killer Clowns from Outerspace....thought this was rubbish and didn't find it scary at all. As the days went past one of my friends tells us that he has seen the blue van oustside of school. This was the kind of friend that was a pain in the ass, that told lots of lies such as"my dad met the Undertaker and beat him up" Anyway, none of us believed him. Because I didn't believe about the clowns, I made fun of my friend and told him I knew he was a liar.

The next week my friend hadn't been as school. Yet again there were rumours that he had been kidnapped by these clowns in a blue van. I thought this was very funny. That was until we went to assembly. Sitting on the floor with my friends we were having a laugh until the police walked in. They were there to make all the children aware that if they see clowns in a blue van offering sweets, or saying that they know your parents etc we should get away from them and tell an adult At that moment my heart sank. All I could think of is my friend and that he really had been kidnapped.

For the next few days me and my friends were very anxious and scared. Then at lunch time one day we sneaked out to the the corner shop next to our school to spend our lunch money. As me and 2 friends came out of the shop, pulling up in front of us was a blue van with tinted windows. Well I almost crapped myself. I remember just running as fast as I could home to tell my dad. When I got home and told my dad. He said not to worry as the news said that the police had caught the men.

A week later I saw the blue van again and it turned out to be a delivery van for the shop. I remember feeling really silly at that point. Things were getting back to normal and we weren't scared anymore. We were just sad that our pain in the ass friend was still missing and that the teacher wouldn't tell us what had happened to him. We thought this was because it must have been so bad that the teacher didn't want to frighten us.

This was a true story and it was on the local news. I must tell you though that my friend returned to school a few weeks later. He had had the whooping cough and had been in hospital as it was quite severe
Rik and Baseball Fury like this.
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

In New Westminster they had a Insane Asylum that was later turned into a school for "troubled" youth which was used by the province to dump all the people/kids that no one else wanted to or could deal with any more.Years later it was forced to close by the local government due to rampant abuse and torture through out the Institution.After they closed it down and tore the majority of the facilities apart not only did it have an alarmingly large amount of graves out back(thousands of graves) but they continuously found more and more dumped/hidden corpses while they were tearing down the place.From the late 80s on they started off selling the land to developers and such .Normally they exhumed the bodies and move them to another location but back in the late 80s a land developed bought up the land and landfill and ended up using it to make a sidewalk/pathway building foundations and such.Then a couple years later a lady turned over the concrete slabs and turned out they were tombstones.Turned out they just used them including the bodies and that as landfill and used it as land fill and later they built condos on the graveyard.

Here's proof
Children of Woodlands - CTV News
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm pretty tired at the moment so I can't be bothered getting creative but...

Okay so there's this woman right, She's a bit of a party girl. Likes to go out to clubs and hook up with random guys. She's out nearly every weekend doing this. One weekend she goes out and meets this nice guy...They start kissing and making out and stuff and she really likes him. The parties all over and it's time to go home, But no need to worry, He wrote his number down for her. Over the following few days she starts to develop this rash around her lips. It's nothing she's ever had or even seen before so she decides to go see a doctor. The doctor checks out the rash and makes his diagnosis, He tells her the bad news. The rash that she has can only come from one place...KISSING DEAD PEOPLE!! She explains to the doctor that she met this guy and she had been kissing him. The doctor asks for as much information as she can give, So she gives him the phone number. The doctor calls the police and asks them to investigate. The police take the number, trace it to an owner. Take the name, match it to an address. Take the address and go to investigate. The police arrive at the mans house and can smell a bad, rotten kind of smell. They go 'round back of his place and what do they find? You guessed it...Dead bodies! Young girls that he had murdered and raped. The police wait for the man to come home and make the arrest. The man is then charged and sent to prison! Good riddance!

You know the scariest part to this story?
...IT'S TRUE! It happened to a work colleague of my Mothers!
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

On a cold winters night on xmas eve, two little kids slept awaiting presents for when they woke up. In the middle of the night unknown to the kids the parents hear strange sounds outside of the house. So the husband goes outside to check whats going on, as he walks out he feels a cold breeze sweep by him and enters the house.

He finds nothing so goes back inside and walks back to his room to tell his wife but as he approaches the room he hears his wife screaming and so he rushes in to find his wife pinned down on the bed nude, getting raped by a demonic force with a completely black face and blue eyes. He grabs a baseball bat to try and hit it but the demon just looks at him and he goes flying outside of the room and the door nails shut. The walls around the room start to ice as the wife's body slowly freezes. He now has to hear his wife cry out in pain as she is getting raped and beaten while getting frozen. This causes the kids to wake up and walk towards the landing where they find daddy lying there in a pool of blood after he cut himself and as they go near the parents room the door opens and they see the bloody site of their mother just lying there frozen and then as they cry out her body shatters and body parts fly and cover the kids in blood. Merry Christmas! whispers the entity to the kids.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Last edited by nekromantik; 3rd November 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 7th November 2011, 04:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

The campfire's died down and the sun is about to rise, so it's time to end this sweet baby and call it a night.

After reading all the stories posted, I've come to a decision that the winner of the Blu-Ray, T-Shirt and Signed Poster should be....

[Insert drum roll here]

Nekromantik, for his two tales of demon rape and ghostly hauntings!

Well done you've just won yourself this very nice prize!

Well done to everyone who entered,

Kyle.

But wait! What's this?! A shocking twist that makes every ghost story all that more intresting! That's right, I've been working my magic and have managed to get two more t-shirts and Blu-Rays! So, the two other stories that I enjoyed most were...

Mercury's Clown Story - this is a terrifying stroy and could make a brilliant film now! Especially with everyone scared of pedos and clowns - great tale!

Gigantor's gruesome story of the insane asylum and the countless buried corpses. Grim stuff indeed.

Congratulations (and surprise!) you two have each just won an Insidious T-shirt and the film on Blu-Ray (or DVD if you prefer)

Kyle
Old 7th November 2011, 04:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Thanks Kyle!!
Congrats to other 2 winners.

Not many entries for this surprisingly :S

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!