Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED

Hi there everyone,

We've got a very special competition in store for you all to celebrate the Christmas Eve release of Code Name: Geronimo. At the end of this competition, several people will win themselves a copy of Code Name: Geronimo and The Hurt Locker whilst one lucky person will win a huge prize bundle consisting of...

• Code Name: Geronimo
  • Code Name: Geronimo's Poster
  • The Hurt Locker
  • Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden?
  • Apocalypse Now
  • The Deer Hunter
  • Inglorious Basterds
  • In The Valley Of Elah

Code Name: Geronimo

“An exciting drone-and-dagger film that generates a ridiculous amount of suspense.” - The Philadelphia Inquirer.

From the producer of the multi-Academy Award winning “The Hurt Locker” comes the gripping dramatic account of the US government’s hunt and audacious military operation to apprehend Osama bin Laden.

Key talent:

Oscar and BAFTA winning producer Nicolas Chartier (The Hurt Locker; Killer Joe), director John Stockwell (Dark Tide; Cat Run; The L Word; Paradise Lost; Into The Blue; Blue Crush; Crazy/Beautiful) and stars Cam Gigandet (Easy A; Twilight; The O.C.), Anson Mount (Straw Dogs; All The Boys Love Mandy Lane), Freddy Rodriguez (Ugly Betty; Planet Terror; Six Feet Under), Alvin ‘Xzibit’ Joiner (Bad Lieutenant; Derailed; xXx2: The Next Level), Kathleen Robertson (Boss; Tin Man; The Business), William Fichtner (Entourage; Prison Break), Eddie Kaye Thomas (the American Pie movies) and Robert Knepper (SGU Stargate Universe; Heroes; Prison Break).

Synopsis:

Taking its title from the original alias of the covert mission to apprehend Osama bin Laden, Code Name: Geronimo is the gripping account of what has been described as the greatest manhunt in history.

When a tip-off from a Guantanamo Bay detention camp detainee provides the CIA with valuable intel regarding the possible location of Osama bin Laden’s secret hideout, the wheels are set in motion to verify the information and then to eliminate the United States’ most reviled enemy. Convinced they have found their target, the American authorities appoint an extraordinary group of Navy SEALS to take part in one of the most clandestine and audacious military operations of a generation. Initially unaware that their target is the most wanted man in the world, the members of SEAL Team Six begin training for their mission, one that will culminate in a daring night-time raid on the bin Laden compound. This is their story.

Fans of the hit TV series “Homeland” will revel in this thrilling, dramatised true account of the CIA’s hunt for Osama bin Laden, while action and war movie fans who appreciated the likes of “The Hurt Locker”, “Black Hawk Down”, “Green Zone” and “The Kingdom” will delight in the movie’s action set-pieces and its nail-biting finale.

CODE NAME: GERONIMO is out on DVD and Blu-ray the 24th Dec. 2012. Pre-order yours here.

----------------------------------------------------------

We're also hosting a very special Twitter event on the 28th December from 3pm to 6pm. Come and join it and discuss all your favorite Pro-USA films with us, from WWII classics to The Avengers and Independence Day!

Be sure to take part (if you haven't got a Twitter account, b e sure to set one up. It's dead simple, quick and we'll be giving away even more prizes!). Simply follow @cultlabs and use include #CodeNameUSA in each of your tweets that day

-------------------------------------------------------

To be in with a chance of winning, simply let me know below that you'll like to take part in this competition. On Monday, each person who's entered will be split into a team (randomly) and pitted head to head in a war for these great prizes!

It's going to be a fight to the death!

So, who wants to win these prizes? Let me know below....

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-code-name-geronimo-uk-dvd-3d.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-code-name-geronimo-movie-poster.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-hurt-locker.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-osama.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-apocalypsenow.jpg  

Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-l_77416_3fb682c7.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-inglourious-basterds1dvd.jpg   Super Comp - War Film Bundle! - 22 Dec 2012 - FINISHED-ne1wu557u1iv46_1_1.jpg  
Rik, sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:37 PM
Cult Master

This is a great prize but ill sit this one. I dont wanna be the cause of others loosing out on my team because my knowledge of films its a bit rubbish.

Best of luck to everyone that enters this
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
This is a great prize but ill sit this one. I dont wanna be the cause of others loosing out on my team because my knowledge of films its a bit rubbish.

Best of luck to everyone that enters this
Don't worry Nordic, no one will be put on the spot.

The way it'll work is that each fighting team will create some film related questions for the other team/s to work out. The team who gets the most correct will win.

I'll explain it in more detail a little later, but no one will be put on the spot, there's no pressure and it should be quite fun! Think of it as a pub quiz where you set the questions for your opponents.
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

My team will kick ass!!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:48 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
My team will kick ass!!
That's more like it, Sawyer! Good fighting talk!
Old 22nd December 2012, 03:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Count me in! After this weeks annihilation of the Performing Arts department in our annual "Pub Quiz" by myself and my Music Department team, I'm in a fighting mood grrr!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd December 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Addict

Im in! Stick me with Goji, im sure nothing bad will happen!
Old 22nd December 2012, 04:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm up for it too
Old 22nd December 2012, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Go on then.. Been too hectic over the past few days to even enter any but it's all calmed down now.

Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 22nd December 2012, 05:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Count me in.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!