Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2013, 08:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Berberian Sound Studio - 6th Jan 2012 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the very first weekly Cult Labs' Competition of 2013! Here's to a year full of fantastic prizes Kicking it all of, we have this amazing must see movie that you will love...

Something unusual, a love letter to the sounds of Italian horror cinema. One for curious and open minded cult movie fans who like a bit of art on the side and all the Shameless/Arrow collectors, who can enjoy a tribute to the Giallo and pasta horror they love so much...

“One of the year’s very best films, a great, rumbling thunderclap of genius.”

★★★★★ Robbie Collin, The Telegraph

On DVD & Blu-Ray 31 Dec 2012

Dazzling Argento style and haunting Lynchian atmosphere are combined in Peter Strickland’s brilliantly original and hugely acclaimed homage to 1970s Italian horror.

Writer-director Peter Strickland (Katalin Varga) and stars Toby Jones (The Girl; Snow White And The Huntsman; The Hunger Games; Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Tonia Sotiropoulou (Skyfall) and Cosimo Fusco (Angels And Demons; The Card Player).

It’s 1976 and timid, Dorking-based sound engineer, Gilderoy, has been transplanted to Italy’s run-down Berberian Sound Studio to work on “The Equestrian Vortex”, the latest low-budget horror movie by notorious exploitation maestro Giancarlo Santini. Gilderoy’s task is a seemingly simple one: to create, record and mix the sounds of bloodcurdling screams, limbs being severed and the insertion of red hot pokers into human orifices, mostly using a variety of everyday household items such as old vegetables and a hammer. But Gilderoy is totally unprepared for the graphically grotesque images on show, the effect they have on him and for the unusual working practices of his employers. As he becomes more deeply involved in his work, the line between fantasy and reality becomes blurred and, very subtly, Gilderoy’s life begins to imitate art in a nightmare scenario from which he may never escape.

Winner of the Best Film, Best Director and Best Actor awards at the 2012 Film 4 Frightfest, Peter Strickland’s disturbing, eerie chiller is a must-see for fans of the work of Dario Argento, Roman Polanski and David Lynch and features a revelatory central performance by Toby Jones and a superb soundtrack by British indie electronic band, Broadcast.

----------------

TO WIN....

Simply 'dub' the below strips! Easy peasy. Pick an image and fill in the dialogue bubbles below - be sure to include the image number too!

Three winners will be selected next Sunday (13th) based on the funniest entries. There's no limit to the number of entries you can submit so go for it (just as long as they're not rubbish!)

Here's the 4 comics...

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

Brownie points if you can keep it giallo/horror related!

GOOD LUCK,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Oh man I would LOVE to win this film... oh wait, I already have . . .
Old 6th January 2013, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Good luck everyone, I've got this film already
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th January 2013, 08:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Good luck everyone, I've got this film already
Same here. Watched it again the other day and absolutely loved it, compared to my mixed feelings upon seeing it at the cinema. Going to go again tomorrow with the commentary hopefully.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

IMAGE 4

[/CENTER]

Is he dead?

Greetings!
Hawkmonger and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

IMAGE 4

Poor Dario, Dracula 3D wasn't that bad.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:32 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

IMAGE 4

Argento said he was going to get well shafted over this one....
Old 6th January 2013, 10:34 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

IMAGE 1

Just shove that where I'm pointing and I guarantee you a brown ring
Old 6th January 2013, 10:42 PM
Cult Addict

Image 4

It is a flesh wound!
Old 6th January 2013, 10:44 PM
Cult Addict

Image 3

Whats this? Prince Vajda's collection of stalking Ke$ha? Why do you read this shit?
fuzzymctiger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!