Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2012, 07:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Ex Comp - Hammer Double Play Double Bill - 24 June 2012

Hello everyone,

This week, to celebrate the release of Studio Canal's Double Play (containing both High Def Blu-Ray and stunning DVD) The Reptile and The Plague Of The Zombies, we're giving three of you the chance to win both!

Here's all the details on what you could win and how....

THE PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES

Starring Andre Morell, Diane Clare,
John Carson & Jacqueline Pearce

In a remote 19th Century Cornish village, the inhabitants of the town are dying from a mysterious plague that seem sot be spreading at an accelerated rate. Even the local doctor, Peter Thompson, cannot combat the disease, who, alarmed by the epidemic, sends for his friend Sir James Forbes. Disinterring the victims coffins they find the dead are not being allowed to rest in peace. Their investigations lead them to the decrepit tin mines run by the local Squire Charles Harris, a disciple of Haitian witchcraft, who sis using voodoo magic to resurrect the dead. But his magic relies on human sacrifice, and soon he unleashes his army of the undead on the unsuspecting village with terrifying consequences.

Extras: “Raising The Dead”: making of featurette / World of Hammer episode “Mummies, Werewolves and The Living Dead” / Raising The Dead / Restoration comparison / Trailer

AND

THE REPTILE

Starring Ray Barrett, Noel Willman,
Jennifer Daniel & Jacqueline Pearce

VISIT THE OFFICIAL FANHUB NOW!

Harry and Valerie Spalding (Ray Barrett & Jennifer Daniel) arrive in the remote Cornish village of Clagmoor Heath to an unwelcoming and suspicious population, victims of a seeming plague they refer to as the “Black Death”. Harry’s brother dies suddenly, bitten by a lethal reptilian bite. They befriend a young woman, Anna (Jacqueline Pearce) whose tyrannical father, Dr Franklyn, controls her life and, as they discover others in the village have suffered a similar fate, their investigations lead back to Anna. What they uncover is a victim of the most terrifying legacy - a destiny of mutilation and murder

Extras: “The Serpent’s Tale”: Making of featurette / World of Hammer episode “Wicked Women” / Restoration comparison /
Trailer

Cert: 15

Blu-ray tech specs: Region B / Total Running Time: 90 min approx / Colour PAL / Feature Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 / Video Codec: AVC 1080p / Audio Codec: LPCM / Feature Audio: LPCM / English Language

DVD Tech specs: Region 2 / Feature Running Time: 87 min approx / Feature Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 / Colour PAL / Audio: Mono 2.0 / English language

Note: I believe the three winners will recieve BOTH films. If I'm wrong however, the winners will win one of these titles and another great title too - I'll confirm this later.

Rules to follow...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

To Win:

Let's have a little fun and play a forum game this week! You're going to need to put your knowledge of all things cult, horror and general film to the test here and hopefully learn some cool things too.

The rules are VERY simple. All you have to do is post an interesting little fact about a film/director/etc. Take it in turns to post something to do with film. For instance, it could be something like 'Chucky is also known as Charles Lee Ray'.

You must only post ONE fact each time and must wait for someone else to post before you can post again. Taking it in turns.

For each post you add, you'll get a point.

Easy peasy.

Ah, but there's a catch! You can, if you wish, play dirty and get a bit naughty with your 'facts'. You could make up a fact! If no body finds out then you'll be awarded with 10 points! BUUT if you are caught, you will loose 10 points and whomever caught you red handed will get the 10 points themselves!

For instance, if you state that 'Chucky once called himself Henry, pretending to me another doll' and no one spots, you'll get 10 points added to your score. PM (Private Message) me any lies you do tell otherwise it'll go undiscovered, and you'll recieve just one lousy point.

If you think someone is telling an untrue movie 'fact', you simply have to quote that post and add "Stop! It's Hammer Time!" Do that before anyone spots and you'll be rewarded with 10 of that filthy liar's points. Nicely done.

However, falsly accuse someone of lying and you'll be punished. Get it wrong and you'll loose 10 of your points and the accused will gain them instead.

At the end of the competition (next Sunday - the 1st!) I'll post the scores up and the full list of lies in case any sneaky ones get past you. The three people who get the most points will win both of these beautiful prizes!

Anyone and everyone is free to enter! Just play nicely and have some fun.

This COULD prove to be a very enjoyable and interesting game where the scores could keep changing. None of you will know how everyone is doing as all scores will be kept top secret until the end. The idea of this comp - and it'll work best (hopefully) by playing this way - is to keep things moving. Most 'facts' will obviously be researchable online - but are you willing to risk searching and possibly being beaten to it, rather than taking a risky but intellegent guess?

It's up to you what strategy you use. Perhaps you'll be totaly honest all the way through. Perhaps you wont even bother risking spotting a 'false' lie. Perhaps you'll tell facts which sound like they could be a lie. Or perhaps you'll tell lies that sound believable. However you play it, just play fair and enjoyable for all.

Any questions - just ask.

This could be loads of fun OR it could all fall apart and be total shit. If it's the latter, I'll come up with a far simplier competition that probably wont be as fun which would be quite sucky as I like this idea.

Anyways, that's the idea.

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
PaulD and sawyer6 like this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 24th June 2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

My Brain! So many rules!
I'll start then.
-----------------------------------------
"Dario Argento's daughter's debute role as an actress was in his The Stendhal Syndrome"
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 24th June 2012, 07:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
My Brain! So many rules!
I'll start then.
"Dario Argento's daughter's debute role as an actress was in his The Stendhal Syndrome"

It's pretty simple really, Hawk. I just have to explain it all to avoid confusion...or something like that
Old 24th June 2012, 07:29 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
My Brain! So many rules!
I'll start then.
liar!!
Old 24th June 2012, 07:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
My Brain! So many rules!
I'll start then.
Stop, It's Hammertime!

Demons 2 was before that at least

edit: damn
Old 24th June 2012, 07:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

FACT: Quentin Tarantinio's actor resume include a role in Jean-Luc Godard's version of King Lear.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hawk - lying already eh?! Shame on you young man

So, that means the scores are now

Hawk - 10
Rhodes 10

See, it's not that hard

I let you off this time Rhodes and gave you 10 points. But next time you spot a lie say 'Stop! It's Hammer Time!" - makes things easier
Old 24th June 2012, 07:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
FACT: Quentin Tarantinio's actor resume include a role in Jean-Luc Godard's version of King Lear.
stop it's hammertime!
Old 24th June 2012, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

ignore
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!