Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2012, 04:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Pact - 30 Sept 2012 - FINISHED

Hello everyone!

First off, you may still be in time to enter Demdike's competition to win The Raid! If it's before 8pm today (30th Sept) then be sure to enter!

Anyways, here's this week's competition....

The Pact

On DVD & Blu-Ray 01 Oct 2012

The break-out horror movie smash of the year that has been electrifying hardened genre fans and non-horror fans alike, “The Pact” combines the supernatural terrors of “Paranormal Activity” with the tense atmospherics of a serial killer thriller to create a unique, modern-day take on the classic ghost story.

First-time feature director Nicholas McCarthy, sexy up-and-coming female lead Caity Lotz (Death Valley; Mad Men), Casper Van Dien (Sleepy Hollow; Starship Troopers), Agnes Bruckner (Kill Theory; Vacancy 2: The First Cut; Blood And Chocolate), Haley Hudson (Killer By Nature; Freaky Friday) and Kathleen Rose Perkins (Episodes).

Following the death of her mother, Annie receives a phone call from her former drug addict sister, Nicole, imploring her to come back to visit their family home and to attend their mother’s funeral. Still tortured by memories of a troubled childhood, Annie is reluctant to revisit the past, but eventually agrees to Nicole’s request. However, on arrival at the house she finds no trace of her sister and, when Nicole fails to turn up at the funeral, Annie simply assumes she has relapsed into drug use as a way of dealing with her loss. Not wishing to spend the night alone in her mother’s house, Annie invites her cousin, Liz, and Nicole’s estranged young daughter to stay over.

But it’s not long before Annie begins to sense another, unseen presence in their midst. Household objects are inexplicably moved around, strange noise are heard during the night and a broken picture frame reveals a photo of a sinister figure. Then all hell breaks loose.

Annie finds herself physically threatened by this malign supernatural force residing within the house and, following a particularly terrifying assault, discovers that Liz, too, has disappeared. With her life now seriously at risk, and time running out, Annie is forced to confront her worst fears and solve the mystery surrounding her family’s history before it is too late.

When it comes to real scares, you can’t beat a really good ghost story and this one ranks right up there with the best of them. Very much in the tradition of “Insidious”, “Stir Of Echoes”, “The Entity” and “The Haunting”, this is a highly atmospheric and genuinely frightening supernatural shocker that had us completely on edge throughout, elicited screams and built to a climax that had us peering through our fingers. It also features a stand-out lead performance by Caity Lotz as Annie, a strong and sexy biker chick who really isn’t one to be messed with.

The Pact Official UK Trailer - YouTube

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But how do you win?

Well to get this creepy ghostly thriller (a must if you like The Others, Sixth Sense and other such movies), you're going to need to put your psychic powers to the test!

Over the week, I'll post three separate images. All you have to do is work out the answers. How? Through your psychic powers, of course!

Each image consists of 5 Pact cards facing up (top row) and the 5 cards, shuffled, and facing down (bottom row). Simply, guess the order that they're in. Post your answers below (one go for each image!)

Whoever manages to use their psychic powers best and guess the most will win a dvd/blu-ray of the film! It's that easy!

Anyone can enter! If there's a draw, I'll randomly select a winner out of those who drew.

So, here's round one....

P.S. If you saw this on Facebook last week, the answers have changed

Good luck you psychotic psychics!

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 30th September 2012, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Ok here goes :eye,knife,ouija,ghost,house
Old 30th September 2012, 04:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Ok here goes :eye,knife,ouija,ghost,house
Very interesting Sawyer. My lips are sealed on how well you've done

Ever had any psychic experiences before?
Old 30th September 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Very interesting Sawyer. My lips are sealed on how well you've done

Ever had any psychic experiences before?
I predicted ww2 but no one believed me
Old 30th September 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I predict the lottery every week but them at camelot keep drawing out the wrong numbers
Old 30th September 2012, 05:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I predicted the world would end in 2012, but the Mian's stole my idea, the swine.
sawyer6 likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th September 2012, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

[QUOTE=Hawkmonger;277455]I predicted the world would end in 2012, but the Mian's stole my idea, the swine.[/QUOTE

think u self lucky its better for someone to look a complete prat by the predictions failing than you looking daft
Old 30th September 2012, 08:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

house, ouija, ghost, eye, knife

Hopefully I am not missing any clues and it really does just depend on our "psychic" abilities.
Old 30th September 2012, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict

Eye, Knife, Ghost, Ouija, House.
I'm going off the 'moved to the right twice' method. I.e. a piece of shit theory I tend to apply to these test's.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th September 2012, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

House
Ouiji
Eye
Ghost
Knife

Like this? Share it using the links below!