Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2012, 06:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Killer Joe - 11 November 2012 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Here's a nice and simple competition to win William Friedkin's excellent film, Killer Joe! In case you missed the #FriedkinFriday event on Twitter (shame on you!) here's another chance to win a copy of the film...

“A perfect pitch-black comedy… Killer Joe is right on target. Wonderful performances and fast-paced thrills… Brilliant.”

(4 Stars) – Mark Adams, Sunday Mirror.

On DVD and Blu-ray 5th November 2012.
Matthew McConaughey delivers a career-best performance in this violent and darkly comic neo-noir thriller that marks a blistering return to form for “The Exorcist” and “The French Connection” director William Friedkin.
Key Talent:

Oscar-winning director William Friedkin (The Exorcist; The French Connection; Bug), Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tracy Letts (Bug) and stars Matthew McConaughey (Magic Mike; The Lincoln Lawyer), Emile Hirsh (Savages; Milk; Into The Wild), Juno Temple (The Dark Knight Rises; Kaboom), Thomas Haden Church (We Bought A Zoo; Sideways) and Gina Gershon (Showgirls).

Synopsis:

When small-time drug dealer Chris Smith finds himself seriously in debt to his supplier, he hatches a plan to have his estranged mother killed in order to claim the $50,000 life insurance due to be paid to his younger sister, Dottie. To do the job, he hires Killer Joe Cooper, a creepy, corrupt and crazy Dallas cop who Chris is informed moonlights as a professional hit man. Unable to pay Joe’s fee upfront, Chris agrees to provide a “retainer” in the form of Dottie, with whom Joe has immediately become besotted. However, following the murder of his mother, Chris’ plan begins to unravel in a series of unexpected twists involving the interference of his father’s new wife, Sharla, and the development of an unlikely bond between Joe and Dottie.

As pure, unadulterated entertainment Friedkin’s second collaboration with writer Tracy Letts (following 2006’s “Bug”) has it all – steamy sexuality, shocking violence, a compelling storyline, lashings of black humour and, most of all, a killer cast of actors all at the top of their game. McConaughey effectively shakes off his rom-com shackles once and for all, while Juno Temple delivers a scene-stealing performance in a movie likely to leave viewers both exhilarated and shaken at the same time.

----------------------------

TO WIN...

Nice and simple this -

EITHER

A) Share with us your nickname! Killer Joe is a pretty cool name to have, but what are some of yours? Past or present - come on, don't be shy!

B) If you could have a nickname what would it be? Something funny? Silly? Kickass?

C) The meaning behind your Cult Lab's name.

D) All three!

The three best entries will each win themselves a copy of this film - it's that easy.

So, get to it!

Good luck,

Killer Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 13th November 2012, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I had countless !!
Old 13th November 2012, 06:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I had countless !!
Go on, spill the beans Sawyer
Old 13th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Go on, spill the beans Sawyer
I think most of them will be lost in translation,anyway in chronological order:
souvlatzis(souvlaki maker),Italian,saltsas(sauceman),nekros(dead man),weed man,kamenos(burnt guy), menios,evlogitos(holy man)
Old 13th November 2012, 06:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I think most of them will be lost in translation,anyway in chronological order:

nekros(dead man),weed man,evlogitos(holy man)
Dude, very Alejandro Jodorowsky I think...
Old 13th November 2012, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Dude, very Alejandro Jodorowsky I think...
Hahaha very... unlikely
Old 13th November 2012, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well where do we start

At school convoy because my name was Conway and convoy come out at the time and I had a cb at home,

Freddie at my old work because I liked horrors or I was a nightmare to work with not sure which to the extent people actual thought that was my name,

Gag every one knows me by that I'm not saying why but could be a multitude of things because I need gagging or I liked to be gagged but I've had nickname since I was 16 / 17 and I'm now 44.

Jeffro just by handful of ppl or jeffrogag on fb jeffro because I was playing worms on ps2 with my son and he wanted to make character names and name for my group and I was tired at time and couldn't be bothered so just blurted out jeffro,

Last edited by gag; 15th November 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 13th November 2012, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My nickname when I worked as an electrician was Cheese, it started when I was a 17 year old apprentice and had shoulder length hair that I used to wear in a ponytail, one of my workmates said I looked like Cochise the Red Indian, which was my nickname for awhile until I cut my hair when it was shortened to Cheese, which stuck for the next 12 years! In fact some of the lads I used to work with don't know my real name!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th November 2012, 09:42 PM
Cult Master

One that i was called by a few scum bags for years was Trap Jaw. I was really young at the time and i was afraid of these older guys so said nothing but later on in life revenge is sweet

Maybe thats why i have always had a beard to hide my ugly
Old 13th November 2012, 09:53 PM
Cult Rookie

My initials are JD,so I have been called that,along with Jimmydee...in the 70's I was called jimmy,jimmy for a while after the song by the undertones..then I got Ghengis khan for some reason.which then became shortened to Ghengis on its own...then a guy in work started calling me Jimmygremlin a few years ago,which has stuck...and I quite like it...lol

Like this? Share it using the links below!