Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2013, 09:27 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - 247ᵒF - 11th March 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Fancy winning a fun new horror film from Anchor Bay? 'Course ya do! And here's how...

247°F

On DVD & Blu-Ray 18 Mar 2013

Based on true events – a sexy and slick suspense story guaranteed to make you sweat.

The horrors, thrills and perils of “Frozen” are taken to the opposite extreme and the heat is most definitely on as a trio of trim, toned twenty-somethings are trapped in a sauna and, with the temperature rising and no sign of escape, a wild, hot and steamy weekend of “bare babes and brews” soon turns into a primal fight for survival.

Key talent:

Stars Scout Taylor-Compton (The Runaways; Rob Zombie’s Halloween I and II), Christina Ulloa (Charmed), Travis Van Winkle (Friday The 13th; Transformers), Michael Copon (Elektra Luxx; Night Of The Demons; Dark House; Power Rangers) and Tyler Mane (Rob Zombie’s Halloween I and II; X-Men).

Synopsis:

Based on true events – a sexy and slick suspense story guaranteed to make you sweat.

Three years after witnessing the tragic death of her boyfriend in a car accident, Jenna is still struggling to come to terms with her loss. Hoping a carefree weekend away will help, Jenna’s best friend since childhood, good-time party girl Renee, invites her to stay at a remote lakeside cabin along with her jock boyfriend, Michael, and his best buddy, Ian. But the promised weekend of partying, boozing and chilling soon turns into a nightmare when three of the group find themselves inexplicably locked in the cabin’s sauna with no apparent way out.

You'll love it because;

Glistening breasts and glowing pecs provide the eye-candy and the steamy location provides the thrills as the high concept horror genre is given a hot new twist. Scream queen Scout Taylor-Compton (here reunited with “Halloween” co-star Tyler Mane) becomes a veritable “steam queen” starring alongside gorgeous rising star Christina Ulloa and hunky co-stars Van Winkle and Copon in this sultry, sweltering cinematic suspenser guaranteed to fire up fans of survival situation horrors such as “Frozen”, “Open Water” and “Buried”.

247ᵒF is available on DVD and Blu-ray 18th March 2013. Order yours today.

---------------------------------------

To Win....

247F is one of those horror films that are based on true events, a little like Psycho, The Entity, The Exorcist, etc. The basic premise may be true, but that's probably about it!

So, to win this week all you have to do is create a fake film of either your life or a true moment in your life. The sillier the better! It could be as big as a horror film about the time you almost died, a ghost story of a time something very creepy happened to you or something as mundane as taking a shower that has been blown to a full length Michael Bay-esque Hollywood film!

Come up with a title, a little synopsis and a poster if you wish. Which actor/actress would play you?

Have some fun with this!

The three best entries will be selected Sunday 17th March and rewarded with this great little gem of a horror film. There's no limit to the amount of entries you post either!

Good luck everyone,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 12th March 2013, 09:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Haven't read about the comp yet, but how mad are those cast names on the Blu Ray cover - it's a shame trailer voice man doesn't read them all out in the trailer . . .
Old 12th March 2013, 09:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Haven't read about the comp yet, but how mad are those cast names on the Blu Ray cover - it's a shame trailer voice man doesn't read them all out in the trailer . . .
Hey! Leave Mr. Winkle alone!

The trailer for this film is one of the best trailers ever - it's hilarious! Just like something from the 70s.
Old 12th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Scout Copon Michael Van Winkle.

All sorts of fun to be had with those names.
Old 13th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

ZOMPIZZA ,zombie apocalypse arrives when escaped zombies from a holding facility, end up in a meat factory and fall into the meat grinder.Then they become salami which stinks bad ,but a cheap sleazy pizza place gets it, people eat it, presto, zompizza

Old 13th March 2013, 07:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
So, to win this week all you have to do is create a fake film of either your life or a true moment in your life.
Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
ZOMPIZZA ,zombie apocalypse arrives when escaped zombies from a holding facility, end up in a meat factory and fall into the meat grinder.Then they become salami which stinks bad ,but a cheap sleazy pizza place gets it, people eat it, presto, zompizza
So this happened to you when exactly?

Or are you saying you once ate pizza?
Old 13th March 2013, 07:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Or are you saying you once ate pizza?
A very bad one
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th March 2013, 09:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Here you go, it is a true event, slightly polished up for a movie, I just hope the victim is not angry about this cheap expolitation attempt, but since i cannot even recall his name, I thin I am safe

The Gymnasium Changing Room Shoehorn Massacre

Synopsis:

Being bothered by the constant nagging of his best friend, about not having learned how to properly tie his shoes, little Roughy (age 9) takes a swing with his sportbag and crushes it over his friend's head. Since the inability to tie and the instant of the moment lack of memory having a helping shoehorn in that bag, the hit hits home in a pretty bloody way, cutting open a spot on his friend's head, which instantly starts to spurt blood...

Note: Yeah, high drama there, he forgave me and said sorry to nag me and I joined him in the drive to the hospital and we were giggling all the way - funny that about 5 years later, i might have developed an appetite for his brain

Maybe that is not silly enough, but if I had a copy of that shower photo taken of me on a school trip, that might have won me something. The silly part about it is the fact that we were three, two of us (including myself) were shy about our jug ears, so we both covered them instead of what boy #3 covered
sawyer6 and troggi like this.
Old 14th March 2013, 07:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
So, to win this week all you have to do is create a fake film of either your life or a true moment in your life
Diplomacy, and good taste, prevent me from entering this competition

A certain moment in my life, if depicted on film, would lead to ALL the male members of the forum crossing their legs!!

*Note - no pun intended!!!!
Demoncrat, Hawkmonger and troggi like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th March 2013, 09:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Diplomacy, and good taste, prevent me from entering this competition

A certain moment in my life, if depicted on film, would lead to ALL the male members of the forum crossing their legs!!

*Note - no pun intended!!!!
We ALL want to know!

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Like this? Share it using the links below!