Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2013, 10:44 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Competition - Hammer Of The Gods - 9th September 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

With Hammer Of The Gods out now on DVD and on Blu-ray, here's your chance to win not only this gruesome Viking film but also the movie's poster signed by the lead himself, Charlie Bewley!

It's a great prize, and it's very easy and a lot of fun to win...

Hammer Of The Gods

Opens in UK cinemas Friday 30th Aug. 2013

Bloody mayhem reigns supreme in this gritty and uniquely stylised Viking actioner. Debuting at the 2013 Film4 FrightFest, Viking and Saxon go head to head in a thrilling new feature starring up-and-comer Charlie Bewley (The Twilight Saga, Like Crazy, The Vampire Diaries). With a cast of veteran actors, rising stars and a story slick with bloodthirsty action and an unnerving twist, Hammer of the Gods is an action-packed treat that makes the players in Game Of Thrones look positively normal.

Key talent:

Director Farren Blackburn (The Fades; Dr Who); stars James Cosmo (Game of Thrones; Sons of Anarchy; The Glass Man); Charlie Bewley (The Twilight Saga; Like Crazy, The Vampire Diaries); Clive Standen (Vikings; Camelot; Dr Who); Elliot Cowan (Da Vinci’s Demons; Sinbad); Glynis Barber (EastEnders; The Royal).

Synopsis:

Set in Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer of the Gods is an intense visceral tale set in a world whose only language is violence. A young Viking warrior, Steinar (Charlie Bewley), is sent by his father the king on a quest to find his estranged brother, who was banished from the kingdom many years before. Steinar’s epic journey across terrifyingly hostile territory with his most trusted friends and warriors, gradually sees him emerge as the man his father wants him to be – the ruthless and unforgiving successor to the throne.

You'll Love It Because...

Rising star Charlie Bewley (Twilight Saga, Like Crazy, The Vampire Diaries) delivers an epic performance in this shocking Viking adventure. Littered with superb moments of action and violence, Hammer of the Gods brings to life the grit and dirt of 871 AD with blistering reality. Taking a number of twists and turns throughout, Hammer of the Gods is not afraid to entertain audiences with violent action.

HAMMER OF THE GODS is available on DVD 2nd September

-------------------

TO WIN...

Besides murder, rape and Saxon-slaughtering, Vikings are also known for (rightly or wrongly) their horned helmets and beards! With Hammer Of The Gods being a manly movie, and this in mind, this week's competition is dedicated entirely to facial hair!

No ordinary pubic goatee! Oh-no. We're talking the best beards in show business.

To enter, simply post a picture of a movie/TV character with the greatest beard (or significant facial hair!) below.

The top 3 will each win themeselves Hammer Of The Gods and one lucky person of the three will be randomly selected to win the signed poster!

So post cinema/TV's best beards below!

This competition will end Sunday 15th September 2013.

Good luck and have some fun

Kyle
Old 9th September 2013, 10:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Brian Blessed

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th September 2013, 11:05 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Brian Blessed

Ha! We're off to a good start
Old 9th September 2013, 11:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Just a heads up, it's 2013!
Old 9th September 2013, 12:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just for fun.

Captain Redbeard Rum.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Competition - Hammer Of The Gods - 9th September 2013 - FINISHED-blackadder22.jpg   Weekly Competition - Hammer Of The Gods - 9th September 2013 - FINISHED-hqdefault.jpg  
Rik and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Ha! We're off to a good start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Just a heads up, it's 2013!
Maybe not then
Old 9th September 2013, 12:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Alejandro Jodorowsky from El Topo

Rik likes this.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Pai Mei, Kill Bill.
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kurt Russell as R.J Macready in John Carpenter's The Thing (or Das Ding for our German friends)

Wes and Prince_Vajda like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th September 2013, 12:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Kurt Russell as R.J Macready in John Carpenter's The Thing (or Das Ding for our German friends)
He could have played a great Jim Morrison around the time of LA Woman here...
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!