Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2013, 07:09 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - No One Lives - 23 Sept 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

We have a fantastic prize to give away this week, that all horror fans are going to love! It's a must have for all slasher fans and it's finally here!

Here's all the info you'll need...

No One Lives

Available On DVD and Blu-ray Now!

The acclaimed director of “Versus” and “The Midnight Meat Train” concocts a bloody cocktail of the horror, thriller and action genres, and introduces audiences to a brand new horror icon in this smart and totally unpredictable shocker.

Key talent:

Director Ryuhei Kitamura (Versus; The Midnight Meat Train) and stars Luke Evans (The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug; Fast & Furious 6; The Raven; Tamara Drewe; Clash Of The Titans), Adelaide Clemens (The Great Gatsby; Silent Hill: Revelation; Parade’s End), WWE superstar Brodus Clay, America Olivo (Maniac; Bitch Slap; Tansformers: Revenge Of The Fallen; Friday the 13th), Lee Tergesen (Red Tales; Generation Kill; Desperate Housewives; Oz), Lindsey Shaw (Pretty Little Liars; 10 Things I Hate About You) and Laura Ramsey (The Covenant; She’s The Man; Venom) and award-wining cinematographer Daniel Pearl (Friday the 13th, Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem; Pathfinder; Invaders From Mars; The Texas Chain Saw Massacre).

Synopsis:

Driving across country while relocating from their previous home, an unnamed man and his girlfriend, Betty, stop for food at a remote roadside bar/diner deep in redneck country. A minor run-in with a member of a ruthless criminal gang based in the area leads to the couple being taken hostage and installed in an abandoned farmhouse. But all is not as it seems. When Betty is unexpectedly killed and a shocking discovery is made in the trunk of her car, the tables are dramatically turned when the true identity of her boyfriend is revealed. Soon, the gang members find themselves up against a smart and urbane, but equally ruthless and fearless killer, who adheres to a terrifying personal motto.

We like it because:

Soon to be huge in Hollywood, Welsh-born “dreamboat” Luke Evans (The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug; Fast & Furious 6; The Raven; Tamara Drewe; Clash Of The Titans) steals the show as the most charming and enigmatic psycho killer ever to grace the screen (imagine Hannibal Lecter with sex appeal). Seriously, this guy is even more of an American Psycho than Patrick Bateman. Within five minutes of its opening sequence, what starts out looking like an “I’ve seen all this before” slasher becomes something else entirely: something you really have not seen before. Director Kitamura and writer David Cohen stylishly deliver a gory and twist-filled shocker that almost defines the term “crowd-pleasing popcorn movie”. Definitely a film to be seen with an audience if at all possible, “No One Lives” also introduces a horror anti-hero worthy of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees.

Hot Quotes:

“American Psycho meets Rambo in this very bloody exciting highway to hell horror.” – Peter Fuller, Movie Talk.

“Blood and guts galore from Japanese director Ryuhei Kitamura.” – Amit Sharma, Metal Hammer.

“Fixes its crimson gaze on you and never lets go.” – Peter Fuller, Movie Talk.

“Chock-full of creative carnage.” – Front.

“Non-stop mayhem from start to finish.” – Front.

“Brilliant fun, with a cool, menacing turn from Luke Evans.” – Screengeek.

“The title isn’t just a suggestion, it’s a rule, and watching the madness that explodes from the screen is sure to please crowds looking for non-stop action and bloody violence.” – Toronto Film Scene.

“What starts as a typical ‘bad guys tie the good guys up and torture them’ movie is quickly spun on its head thanks to a refreshing premise that I won’t ruin here. What follows is a very bloody movie, with plenty of one-liners, a high body count, and an intense finish.” – EntertainmentMaven.com.

“Kitamura gives fans kills that will induce cheers of excitement.” – Dread Central.

“Kitamura’s wonderful eye is again on display here, with inspired camerawork and a gritty aesthetic.” – The Horror Section.

“A fun gorefest.” – The Horror Section.

“One of the most entertaining films around.” – Toronto Film Scene.

This horror film is a MUST see and hugely entertaining! Be sure to like the official Facebook page and follow the Twitter page too.

-------------------------------

TO WIN...

It's time to put your slasher movie knowledge to the test!

Below is an image, compiling some great deaths from 10 different slasher films, one for each letter of the film's title. All you need to do is figure out which film each kill is from.

Once you think you've got as many as you can, simply PM (Private Message) me your answer (do not post your answers below).

The three who get the most correct will win a copy of No One Lives on either DVD or Blu-ray (your choice!). Remember, you don't have to get them all correct - it's the three who get the most correct.

So, re-visit those slasher classics and work out the film!

No clues will be given and I'm after the correct film. So if it's part of the franchise, you need to specify exactly which movie it's from.

The three lucky winners will be announced on Sunday 29th September.

Good luck!

Kyle
Old 25th September 2013, 10:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm shocked at how many of these i don't know.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:02 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I'm shocked at how many of these i don't know.
Don't worry about that, Vipp! Even one or two could win you this great horror film...
Old 29th September 2013, 05:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ill have a proper look laughter after I've got up, I'm just in from work and I'm tired , but of top my head I know 4 .
Old 29th September 2013, 11:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I submitted my answers, this was another great competition, not to easy but i gave it a good shot.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th September 2013, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sent my answers in, I only knew 8 of them though
Vipp likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th September 2013, 04:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Sent my answers in, I only knew 8 of them though
8! my god Rik, that's not bad going at all mate. i knew 2 and guessed 2.
Rik likes this.
Old 29th September 2013, 05:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
8! my god Rik, that's not bad going at all mate. i knew 2 and guessed 2.
It's fair to say I'm a fan of slasher films, I recognise the other 2 too, but can't remember the names of the films
Vipp likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th September 2013, 06:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Same boat as Rik, I know i've seen the 2 I don't have also.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Aaaand time's up!

A huge thank you to all those who entered this week's competition Nobody managed to get all 10 - it was a tricky one! - so here are all the correct answers...

N - A Nightmare On Elm Street 3
O - Silent Night, Deadly Night

O - Child's Play 2
N - Final Destination 3
E - Friday The 13th (1)

L - Saw 2
I - Halloween 4
V - Happy Birthday To Me
E - The Prowler
S - The Driller Killer

The three winners who managed to get the most correct are...

Edgeworth!

PaulD!

Rik!

Each of who get 8/10 correct - nicely done. No One Lives is now all yours. Let me know if you'd prefer the DVD or the Blu-ray!

Thanks to all those who entered - keep your eyes out for this week's competition very shortly...

Kyle
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!