Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Worst Remake Of All Time? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6698-worst-remake-all-time.html)

Culture Vulture 12th September 2011 04:02 PM

Worst Remake Of All Time?

What do you think the worst remake of all time is? Right now I'd have to go with Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' remake.

Thoughts?

Rik 12th September 2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Vulture (Post 180570)
What do you think the worst remake of all time is? Right now I'd have to go with Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' remake.

Thoughts?

I quite liked that one, I know loads of people on here don't though, haven't seen the sequel because I was told it's crap.
I'm going for the Day of the dead remake, I only managed about 10 minutes before I turned it off and deleted it off my Sky planner

Culture Vulture 12th September 2011 04:10 PM

Have yet to see the 'Day of the Dead' remake, the very thought struck me as blasphemous! ;)

I think Zombie is under the impression that putting a swear word in every sentence makes one the new Tarantino. If he stopped writing his own scripts, and stopped making his wife the star of each of his endeavours, he wouldn't be a bad director. I felt the script, casting and acting of his 'Halloween' remake was terrible.

I asked someone once "have you ever seen Halloween?" They said they had, said it was the worst horror film ever. I was shocked - until I realised they'd seen Zombie's one and not the original. Zombie has tarnished the name of the original, for sure.

Slippery Jack 12th September 2011 04:24 PM

I would say The Wicker Man, but that has strong 'so bad it's good' value :nod: . . .

Culture Vulture 12th September 2011 04:28 PM

I avoided the Wicker Man like the plague. Looking forward to 'The Wicker Tree' though, I found the trailer suitably titillating!

Slippery Jack 12th September 2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Vulture (Post 180587)
Looking forward to 'The Wicker Tree' though, I found the trailer suitably titillating!

Ouch! Lower your expectations, seriously :shocked: . . .

Culture Vulture 12th September 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 180589)
Ouch! Lower your expectations, seriously :shocked: . . .

Hope's all I have left ;)

Slippery Jack 12th September 2011 04:36 PM

Yeesh. I mean, I went in expecting it to be a bit of a mess, but didn't think it would be that bad. It's a damn shame . . .

Culture Vulture 12th September 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 180591)
Yeesh. I mean, I went in expecting it to be a bit of a mess, but didn't think it would be that bad. It's a damn shame . . .

Are you referring to the Wicker Tree or the Wicker Man remake, Jack?

platostotal 12th September 2011 04:42 PM

THE LOVE BUG, only because(and this is true guv honest) the use of CGI to simply reduce the 'bounce' ahem, of ms. Lohan in her jumpsuit is beyond laughable, much like the film. And we complain about grain, heh heh.