Savage Streets The Archive Conversation
Brenda’s got a switchblade and she knows how to use it...
See Linda Blair (The Exorcist) take bloody revenge on a gang of low down dirty street punks in Savage Streets, a brutal journey into rape, violence, switchblades and bear traps.
When Brenda (Blair) and her all-girl gang of tough talking chicks, The Satins, refuse to party with a car full of local drug pushers called The Scars, the girls think nothing of it, but they didn’t reckon on the bruised ego of Jake and his feral pack of no good thugs. Targeting Brenda’s deaf sister, they invade the school and savage her, leaving her on the critical list.
Now Brenda must scour the streets in search of crossbow vengeance in a dangerous B-movie classic that’s the perfect antidote to 80s high school flicks.
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on Savage Streets by Kier-la Janisse, author of ‘A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi’ and ‘House of Psychotic Women’
- Brand new transfer of the film presented in original 1.85:1 anamorphic aspect ratio
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with stars Sal Landi, Robert Dryer and Director of Photography Stephen Posey
- Audio commentary with director Danny Steinmann
- Audio commentary with producer John Strong and stars Robert Dryer and Johnny Venocur
- Confessions of a Teenage Vigilante: An interview with Linda Blair
- Heather Speaks! An interview with Linnea Quigley
- Getting the Job: Producer John Strong on Savage Streets
- Video interviews with Johnny Venocur and Robert Dryer on their characters
- Original Trailer
Region 0 PAL
Running time 93 mins
Original art by Tom 'The Dude Designs' Hodge
Released 20th June
Order the Savage Streets DVD from your preferred retailer:
Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 03-28-2011 at 09:47 AM.
OH MY GOD! That looks awesome. Never heard of it and you did certainly keep this one quiet. That's what I love about Arrow Video, the element of surprise is always there
A Night of living terror led to a Dawn of false hope but nothing before will prepare you for the darkest Day the world has ever known
I may already own AWE's Danish DVD and BCI's U.S. counterpart but i'm definitely still having Arrow's SS release. Two copies as usual for me.
Great news and an even greater cover. Well done all down at Arrow HQ!
Great artwork for Savage Streets and the best art yet from The Dude.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Is there any word on it being the uncut version, as there are too many bad memories of the Medusa copy, and the ridiculous way they tried to pad out the running time by using a key scene from later on as a pre-credit sequence, turing the bulk of the film into a flashback.
Any chance of a future blu-ray release?
THE WILSON BROS
If it's the same transfer BCI used, a blu-ray wouldn't be good as it was done in standard def. This info comes from Cliff MacMillan, formerly of BCI and now from Shout! Factory (he's the guy producing all the lovely Corman Cult Classics). I had asked if Shout might consider picking it up since BCI folded, but that seems highly unlikely.
Now then, here's hoping this passes uncut. This is a freaking awesome movie!
Kundun Rat Terrier: 8/16/02-3/26/11. RIP, Ku...
The Mad Foxes: The ultimate Shameless title?
|Like this? Share it using the links below!|
|arrow, arrow video, revenge linda blair, savage streets|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Savage Streets The DVD Specs||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||77||02-27-2013 12:53 PM|
|Savage Streets The Reviews||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||44||12-02-2011 04:12 PM|
|Savage Streets Technically Speaking||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||17||07-28-2011 05:31 PM|
|Savage Streets How You Discovered It||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||7||06-18-2011 12:00 PM|
|Savage Streets The Film Debate||Nosferatu@Cult Labs||Savage Streets||5||04-28-2011 10:17 PM|