Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28503Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2013, 01:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I thought the entire adventure was going to be released, with the final episode being animated. If it is, why is "00:24:20:11 (DOCTOR WHO - THE TENTH PLANET - EPISODE 4 - RECONSTRUCTION)" listed as an extra, when it should follow part 3?

Does this give a bit more credence to the suggestion that they have actually found the missing episode?
It'll probably just be the telesnap reconstruction of episode 4 which was on the VHS release.
Old 19th August 2013, 05:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I thought the entire adventure was going to be released, with the final episode being animated. If it is, why is "00:24:20:11 (DOCTOR WHO - THE TENTH PLANET - EPISODE 4 - RECONSTRUCTION)" listed as an extra, when it should follow part 3?

Does this give a bit more credence to the suggestion that they have actually found the missing episode?
No. If memory serves correct, both The Invasion and the Reign of Terror where released with the animated episodes classified as extras. As they where not part of the original feature, they are lumped together as extras when certified.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th August 2013, 01:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

If anyone is interested Amazon are running the three Revisitations box sets at 5.08pm today as lightning deals.

They are all currently priced under £15 anyway so it should be a pretty cheap way to pick up three extras loaded stories for under a tenner per set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91CLnVybHJL._SL1500_.jpg (97.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51RkD0RLcRL.jpg (48.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 81yeccbBlNL._SL1500_.jpg (93.5 KB, 3 views)
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th August 2013, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If anyone is interested Amazon are running the three Revisitations box sets at 5.08pm today as lightning deals.

They are all currently priced under £15 anyway so it should be a pretty cheap way to pick up three extras loaded stories for under a tenner per set.
Something that's actually good in amazons lighting deals, what's the world coming too, of outside to look for flying pigs!
Old 19th August 2013, 03:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
No. If memory serves correct, both The Invasion and the Reign of Terror where released with the animated episodes classified as extras. As they where not part of the original feature, they are lumped together as extras when certified.
My Invasion just has them in the Episode Selection? Or am I missing something....
Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th August 2013, 04:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Something that's actually good in amazons lighting deals, what's the world coming too, of outside to look for flying pigs!
They've nearly all gone now, within five minutes.

I got the first Revisitations set as i got rid of my other dvd's a couple of years ago. £10.25 isn't bad but i was hoping for a bit more off.
Old 19th August 2013, 04:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They've nearly all gone now, within five minutes.

I got the first Revisitations set as i got rid of my other dvd's a couple of years ago. £10.25 isn't bad but i was hoping for a bit more off.
If they had been under a tenner I would of got them but really not that much of a saving as seen them around this price at other places
Old 19th August 2013, 06:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just finished watching the entire original series via dvd, video and 'ahem' other sources! Took me a few years on and off! Enjoyed Hartnell's wasn't keen on Troughtons, Pertwee's later ones I remembered, Baker I grew up with, Davidson was interesting, Baker (2) hmm OK! McCoy's were absolutly dire! McGann was ok.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 20th August 2013, 07:01 AM
Cult Master

Gossip/rumours about the 2014 series:

"Doctor Who will return in 2014 for a new series, starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor alongside Jenna Coleman as Clara.

This news summary will be updated regularly as more details are revealed, with the latest updates at the top of each section. Rumours and unconfirmed reports will be marked with a *.

Showrunner/lead writer: Steven Moffat.

Executive producers: Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin.

Writers: Steven Moffat, Jack Lothian*, Chris Chibnall*, Neil Gaiman*, Neil Cross.

Main cast: Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor, Jenna Coleman as Clara.

Series 8 filming begins: January 2014.

Guest cast: Roger Moore*.

Neil Gaiman: "I would love to write an episode for Season 8; it may well be that I’m over in Season 9, but I promise I haven’t gone away. The idea of writing for Peter Capaldi’s Doctor is one that I find so thrilling and exciting."

Neil Cross: "There's a whole bunch of stuff I want to do ... I have to find out from Steven [Moffat] what his intentions for the Doctor are and what sort of stories he wants me to write."

Steven Moffat: "[The return of River Song will] now be story-driven. If we’ve got an idea that she fits perfectly then there’s no reason why we can’t do it, but I quite liked where we got to at the end of 'The Name of the Doctor', with him saying goodbye to her. So we’ll see."

Jenna Coleman: "We couldn't get to know too much about her because she was a mystery [in Series 7]. It's going to be nice just to have her as a human, as a girl. There's quite a lot to explore still, I think."

Peter Capaldi: "Being asked to play The Doctor is an amazing privilege. Like the Doctor himself I find myself in a state of utter terror and delight. I can't wait to get started."

Steven Moffat: "It's an incendiary combination: one of the most talented actors of his generation is about to play the best part on television. Peter Capaldi is in the TARDIS!"

Jenna Coleman: "I'm so excited Peter Capaldi is the man taking on the challenge of becoming the Twelfth Doctor. With Steven's writing and his talent I know we'll be making an amazing show with an incredible incarnation of number 12. I can't wait to start this new adventure!"

Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning: "We started thinking Peter Capaldi might be the right person to take on this iconic part a few months ago. But it was only when he did a secret audition at Steven's house under the cover of darkness that we knew we had our man. He's an extraordinarily talented actor who can seemingly turn his hand to anything. We can't wait to premiere his unique take on the Doctor on Christmas Day and we are sure he's going to become one of the all-time classic Doctors."

Executive producer Brian Minchin: "My main job now is staring in awe at the 50th Anniversary Special and wondering ‘How the hell do we follow on from that?! Then, when I stop gawping and wondering, ‘How did they do that bit, and that one, and that bit!’ I will start work on the Christmas episode, written by Steven Moffat himself."

Executive producer Brian Minchin: "A whole new series! But we certainly won’t be releasing the details of that series right now in May 2013. Oh dear, that sounds mean! Well, I can tell you that I have just spent a very happy few days meeting some scarily clever writers, and we have an incredible set of stories to work on. More adventures ahead!"

Neil Gaiman: "...I haven’t done an episode set on Earth yet, and I haven’t created a new monster. So there are boxes left to tick. And there’s part of me that feels… I haven’t scared anybody yet. I’d love to do something that sends adults behind the sofa too and makes them wee. Pools of wee."

Matt Smith: "We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then we go on to the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014."

Chris Chibnall: "...it would be great to write for [Jenna Coleman]"

Christmas 2013 special: 'The Twelfth Night'*
Wednesday 25 December 2013

Written by: Steven Moffat.
Directed by: Jamie Payne.

Steven Moffat: "Well, we are going to do it all [answering Series 5-7's remaining loose ends]. It’s going to end at Christmas. Yeah, [there will be closure] ... there’s a plan, and we will end the Eleventh Doctor’s run with the answers to some of those questions."

Steven Moffat: "...so this Christmas prepare for your hearts to break, as we say goodbye to number Eleven."

Steven Moffat: "Of course, this isn't the end of the story, because now the search begins. Somewhere out there right now - all unknowing, just going about their business - is someone who's about to become the Doctor. A life is going to change, and Doctor Who will be born all over again! After 50 years, that's still so exciting!"

Episode 1
August 2014*

Steven Moffat: "...there’s something about Matt’s Doctor that paves the way for Peter’s Doctor somehow. I can somehow absolutely believe that the strange old/young Matt Smith will turn into the strange young/old Peter Capaldi."

Jenna Coleman: "I know I'm not shooting [Series 8] until January."

Steven Moffat: "I think [late summer 2014 is] probably right [for Series 8's start date]. But these things change so often."

'Doctor Who': Series 8 news summary

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th August 2013, 02:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've seen rumours that Smith isn't actually in the Christmas special. The regeneration happens at the end of the fiftieth. Which would mean Smith wouldn't have to wear a wig and ties in with -

Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning: We can't wait to premiere his unique take on the Doctor on Christmas Day and we are sure he's going to become one of the all-time classic Doctors."

A ten second appearance is hardly a premiere which is what would happen in a regen episode. Unless of course Smith falls off his exercise bike and regenerates at the start of the episode.

Like this? Share it using the links below!