Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless FAQ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Fan Editions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-faq/6640-fan-editions.html)

nekromantik 5th September 2011 03:55 PM

Only issue with Shameless is that most I never seen so blind buys are out of the question.
Until I get a job where £6 - £9 loss wont bother me!

just ordered torso however!

mr 420 5th September 2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 179005)
Usually, yes! :)

:cool: With that knowledge you know that he will construct the most complete version that you can possibly get. You can't ask for any more than that.

Splatterdragon73 7th September 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 178902)
It usually means they have special features such as a fact track, booklet, documentary/featurette, interviews etc. They differ from other Shameless titles in that they don't usually have features beyond the trailers.

For yours truly DTAD is the weakest Shameless FE so far. Now don't get me wrong, i'm perfectly happy to own this release and said DVD wins over the ABUS variant. I just think there was scope for more fan-friendly features that's all.

I'm well aware that fan input is evident on the Shameless Duckling in the form of the customary sterling efforts of the illustrious Stephen Thrower and Marc Morris. But beyond this there's nothing else to distinguish this edition from other standard Shameless titles imo.:)

Rik 7th September 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 179045)
Gotta agree with Prince there.:nod:

Shameless put out far more collectable titles than Arrow.

I'm the same, I have more Arrow than Shameless, and I only got my first ones this week. For me I prefer the Arrow discs purely because of the package you get for your money, yes Shameless release the more obscure titles, but I want more than just a trailer if I'm going to spend around a tenner for a DVD, which is why I bought mine cheap from eBay

Violence is Italian Art

nekromantik 7th September 2011 02:56 PM

to be honest most of the sellers selling Shameless titles on ebay charge more then HMV or Amazon. Only if your lucky and you win a auction type sell then you can grab a bargin.

Rik 7th September 2011 03:14 PM

That's exactly what I did, paid £3.20 for The Black Cat and £9 for NYR, Manhattan Baby & Bronx Warriors fan edition, the only one I've paid retail for is the Cannibal Holocaust DVD and BD

Violence is Italian Art

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th September 2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 179478)
For yours truly DTAD is the weakest Shameless FE so far. Now don't get me wrong, i'm perfectly happy to own this release and said DVD wins over the ABUS variant. I just think there was scope for more fan-friendly features that's all.

I'm well aware that fan input is evident on the Shameless Duckling in the form of the customary sterling efforts of the illustrious Stephen Thrower and Marc Morris. But beyond this there's nothing else to distinguish this edition from other standard Shameless titles imo.:)

I was thinking just that as, for a Shameless Fan Edition, the disc only has the theatrical trailer and the Shameless Trailer Park and the only extra feature of note is the booklet. As there is no commentary, fact track, featurette and/or interview, it does seem a bit light on the ground in terms of bonus material.

platostotal 7th September 2011 05:03 PM

Arrow or Shameless? I get what you guys say, but if it's NYR for £6 or VAMP for £18.99, choice is clear. Extras are nice but even better if they didn't carry such a premium. Hope Shameless haven't gone over the top with the new £18 price point(Also agree that DTAD is a bit light for that price) as I understand it Arrow single discs will be £11.99-12.99 i.e. PIECES, and Shameless at £18. Think Arrow will take market share from Shameless if that's the case. FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET is a dead cert for me even at £18, but would like to see em cheaper. In the end I prefer Shameless over Arrow as their more Italian oriented, and being a cheapskate:lol: like the idea of picking up a £6 bargain.

Splatterdragon73 8th September 2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 179512)
Hope Shameless haven't gone over the top with the new £18 price point (Also agree that DTAD is a bit light for that price).

My Shameless Duckling was only a tenner from HMV online and said price is fine by me but i certainly wouldn't have paid £18 for this title seeing as it could've been better imo. If DTAD was further blessed with extras i may well have been prepared to spend more money on this release. Overall i'm satisfied with what i got for the cost.:)

Culture Vulture 17th September 2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179505)
the only one I've paid retail for is the Cannibal Holocaust DVD and BD

Why did you buy CH on DVD and BD, Rik?