Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Shameless Official Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ


Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
mercury's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Default Fan Editions

What do the tiltles which are listed on the shameless collection page as: Fan Editions mean? Do they differ from the others, and if so in what way.

Thank
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Tbh, I'm not sure what makes them different. Perhaps the inclusion of a fact track.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Sarah@Cult Labs's Avatar
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Liverpool
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
What do the tiltles which are listed on the shameless collection page as: Fan Editions mean? Do they differ from the others, and if so in what way.

Thank
It usually means they have special features such as a fact track, booklet, documentary/featurette, interviews etc. They differ from other Shameless titles in that they don't usually have features beyond the trailers.

In some cases, it also means that Shameless may have done a re-build edit by editing in lost footage or working with the original filmmakers to deliver their original vision.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Highlands, Scotland.
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Sarah, is it not the case that you also get people like Marc Morris working on the reconstruction?
__________________
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Slippery Jack's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Default

It is a bit of an odd moniker. It kind of suggests all of the non 'Fan Edition' titles were dispassionatley produced by folk with no interest in the film . . .
__________________
I now have a shiny new website! Or check out my DeviantArt profile if you please...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:54 PM
mercury's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
It usually means they have special features such as a fact track, booklet, documentary/featurette, interviews etc. They differ from other Shameless titles in that they don't usually have features beyond the trailers.

In some cases, it also means that Shameless may have done a re-build edit by editing in lost footage or working with the original filmmakers to deliver their original vision.
Thanks Sarah. I was looking through the list as I only have 4 shameless titles so with the new site looking good, it made me want to get some more.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Sarah@Cult Labs's Avatar
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Liverpool
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Sarah, is it not the case that you also get people like Marc Morris working on the reconstruction?
Usually, yes!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 PM
nekromantik's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Worthing
Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default

i dont own any of the fan editions!
To be honest I dont own many Shameless dvds
Most of mine are Arrow.
__________________


My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
i dont own any of the fan editions!
To be honest I dont own many Shameless dvds
Most of mine are Arrow.
That isn't something to be proud of...

Greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
That isn't something to be proud of...

Greetings!
Gotta agree with Prince there.

Shameless put out far more collectable titles than Arrow.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony/ColumbiaTristar Anniversary Editions antmumford Blu-ray 67 09-17-2013 12:55 PM
Anchor Bay Special Editions... PaulRobinson General Chat 29 12-15-2010 07:52 AM


Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2012 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.