Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Ratman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2007, 01:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Ratman Cover

Is this the final cover art for your release guys?

Some people have been bashing it to heck, mostly fans of the film. I think it's awesome that you have some boobies on the cover! Haha, simple things.... YES!

I'm not sure i'm familiar with the original art-work.
Old 1st November 2007, 01:58 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It certainly is what we're proposing to use. Where are people bashing it heck? I don't mind - I love opinions on our stuff but frankly this is not a film anyone could claim has ever enjoyed decent artwork. In fact the original uses a painting of a haunted house with a woman lying ravaged on the outside stairs which has sod all to do with the film so ours has slightly more to do with the film but is a lot more fun. The film is trash of the highest order - that rare combo of elements to make up a film that is never dull and gloriously crappy!

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 7th March 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 1st November 2007, 02:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/sho...184#post522184

I just posted this cover, see what they think of it
They seem to prefer the German X-Rated Kult cover - whatever that looks like!

I'm a fan however... the whole Rat/Jaws thing is borderline genius! lol
Old 1st November 2007, 02:12 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

We're not called Shameless for nothing! You know if we did that to a film like say Deep Red I'd haul myself out for a flogging but Ratman...
Old 1st November 2007, 02:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

You can't please everyone matey.

Just done a little "recon" on covers

Clearly the German DVD makes it out to be something it isn't!
Old 1st November 2007, 02:32 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yup that's the one - I actually like it - it reminds me or happy rental days but there is no way it would sell more than a handful in HMV for instance - we have to be Shameless but believe it or not it takes a while to come up with something that trashy - we've got multiple versions of various covers. With Phantom of Death for instance we tried to stick to original artwork but it was so crap we gave up. What we ended up with on PoD is my least favourite sleeve but time was running out.
Old 1st November 2007, 02:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well, your cover lives up to the brand name. The more I look at your Ratman cover the more I love it. It's so absurd!

I'd love to see some of your ideas for covers, maybe have a little poll on here?
Old 1st November 2007, 03:03 PM
Cult Rookie

That Ratman cover is literally amazing. There is no way I could possibly not buy that film after seeing the cover.
Old 1st November 2007, 03:24 PM
Cultist

Eww boobies!

The Ratman cover is FANTASTIC!

I haven't seen the movie ... is there really a scene where a huge giant rat does a Jaws in the sea below a naked woman? lol. It's very cool anyway.

The other one is good too. My only suggestion would be to make the spike look like it is going *through* the head rather than behind it, maybe you could add a little blood
Old 1st November 2007, 04:14 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieD View Post
Eww boobies!

The Ratman cover is FANTASTIC!

I haven't seen the movie ... is there really a scene where a huge giant rat does a Jaws in the sea below a naked woman? lol. It's very cool anyway.

The other one is good too. My only suggestion would be to make the spike look like it is going *through* the head rather than behind it, maybe you could add a little blood
Yeah big disclaimer here - there is no scene where a giant rat comes up and eats a woman - we just fancied getting spanked by Spielberg. Bird off the cover is in the film though! It's a film with no decent original art and we needed to start from the beginning. Do stick 'Nelson De Le Rosa' into Youtube though to see clips of this 2'4 foot lead guy who played Ratman - he was something else!

Don't know about more blood on Flavia - we had a pile but it's had to be taken off or retailers won't stock it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!