Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2009, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

What's the space helmet theme Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th June 2009, 05:53 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ach just a wee idea I had - I wanted to go through some possible permutations with you guys but I have to say I think this is the best one anyway (and I'm not in the office so I don't have the other versions to hand). As always guys do say what you think!

I'm hoping to have the next Rick Melton painting we've commissioned soon for your feedback for Blood Feast 2 - a film that has been begging for decent artwork!
Old 29th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I prefer the spacesuit one-it's pretty mental!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th June 2009, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wow! They both look fantastic, I prefer the left cover though it's much more striking.
Old 29th June 2009, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Never before released in the world on DVD!

A highly regarded giallo thriller this stars Florinda Bolkan of Shameless s best-selling title Flavia The Heretic plus cult and world cinema favourite Klaus Kinski (Nosferatu). Boasting breath-taking cinematography by Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor, Apocalypse Now) the focus of the Shameless release is to produce a release focused on an AV presentation of the film never before thought possible.

Italian filmmaker Luigi Bazzoni (THE FIFTH CORD) directed this stylish and surrealistic giallo thriller reminiscent of such paranoid classics of the form as PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK and ALL THE COLOURS OF THE DARK. Florinda Bolkan stars as a translator named Alice Cespi, whose life is falling apart due to strange memories from childhood when she was forced to watch a film called 'Footprints On The Moon' involving an unethical experiment in leaving astronauts stranded on the moon's surface. Alice has terrible dreams and begins to become addicted to tranquilizers, desperate to shake surreal visions such as being chased across a beach by fully attired astronauts. The drugs and her deteriorating mental condition cause her to miss work and she is eventually fired, whereupon she travels to a dilapidated former tourist area called Garma after receiving a mysterious postcard. There, she runs into a girl named Paula Burton (Nicoletta Elmi from PROFONDO ROSSO), who tells her that she looks exactly like another woman, Nicole, currently staying at the faded resort. Alice then encounters a series of strange people and circumstances, all leading her closer to unlocking the possibly deadly mystery. Shot by award-winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (APOCALYPSE NOW), the film is based on Mario Fenelli's novel LAS HUERRAS.

Full specs as follows:

1.85:1 / 16x9 / Progressive encode
English audio (with English subtitles for scenes not dubbed into English)
Italian audio (with English subtitles + Italian subtitles for English dialogue scenes)
Theatrical Trailer
English Opening Credits
US Video Teaser
Gallery
20 x Shameless Marathon Teaser Trailer Show

Coming: 29th August!
Old 30th June 2009, 10:59 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I think I prefer the space helmet sleeve too. Close call though.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes, i like that one.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st July 2009, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

I like the space helmet cover, too - very striking. As ever, this will stand out a mile from anything else on the shelves
Old 1st July 2009, 06:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Looks like we're keeping the helmet
Old 1st July 2009, 06:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yeah the helmet version is ace. Love the sci-fi font type too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!