Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2017, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
He's essentially the Skylar of the show. In terms of the character to hate.
Was about to post the same thing, but yes that's what he is. This season trying to make you feel sorry for him but its not working. Deservers what happens.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Was about to post the same thing, but yes that's what he is. This season trying to make you feel sorry for him but its not working. Deservers what happens.
Its tricky. I think it plays well on human nature. He's clearly mentally ill and mental illness can be one of the hardest things to understand and tolerate. Particularly in someone with enough rationality to resist help or treatment. As such it makes him a very complex antagonist.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Its tricky. I think it plays well on human nature. He's clearly mentally ill and mental illness can be one of the hardest things to understand and tolerate. Particularly in someone with enough rationality to resist help or treatment. As such it makes him a very complex antagonist.
Good points, as he that does deserve some sympathy unlike Skyler who was just a bitch. Been a few times I've felt sorry for Chuck but then he will try to screw Jimmy's life in some way, which is on not right as Jimmy is the only one who genuinely cares for him
Old 10th June 2017, 06:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I've never understood the Skyler hate, I was sympathetic towards her, she was essentially trapped because of Walt, she wasn't like Carmel Soprano who knew exactly what she was getting into but accepted it because of her lifestyle.

Anyhoo, I'm currently watching season one of Animal Kingdom, based on Michod's superb crime flick. The first episode follows the film quite closely but then it morphs into some sort of Point Break/Heat hybrid but isn't nearly as good as that sounds. The film was grounded in reality and was really chilling at times, the series is just a diversion, something to pass time with. I'll probably finish both seasons but it's quite forgettable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10th June 2017, 08:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I've never understood the Skyler hate, I was sympathetic towards her, she was essentially trapped because of Walt, she wasn't like Carmel Soprano who knew exactly what she was getting into but accepted it because of her lifestyle.

Anyhoo, I'm currently watching season one of Animal Kingdom, based on Michod's superb crime flick. The first episode follows the film quite closely but then it morphs into some sort of Point Break/Heat hybrid but isn't nearly as good as that sounds. The film was grounded in reality and was really chilling at times, the series is just a diversion, something to pass time with. I'll probably finish both seasons but it's quite forgettable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She wasn't trapped at the begining. She was just a horrible self obssessed cow.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:47 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished the fifth season of Grimm on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed the season; I'm looking forward to the next one appearing on Netflix as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there is an abundance of riches available to stream and I was given the unenviable task of picking between two great shows: Orange Is the New Black and House of Cards. I opted for the latter and watched the first episode last night. Given the current political climate in the US, it's very strange to watch a TV show which seemed more extreme than the real world now being like a toned down version of reality! Nevertheless, it's superbly acted and written, and I'm really looking forward to watching the next 11 episodes. Hopefully that won't take too long and I'll be able to watch OITNB by this time next week.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post

The Skyler character was really cleverly written in a way that they want you to side with Walter from the start and therefore dislike his wife but over the course of the seasons that subtly shifts and puts the focus on Skyler and all of a sudden you find yourself rooting for her and hoping Walter gets what's coming to him haha.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th June 2017, 09:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Never understood the Skylar thing. Hank's wife now ... couldn't stand her.
Roll on BCS3 ....

I watched a programme and cried during the theme music. Dried my eyes with an old donut I found behind a radiator

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 10th June 2017 at 10:42 AM. Reason: arse!!
Old 10th June 2017, 10:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
In the meantime, there is an abundance of riches available to stream and I was given the unenviable task of picking between two great shows: Orange Is the New Black and House of Cards.
I forgot about Better Call Saul, which is also high on my watchlist and will be viewed in the near future.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Skyler character was really cleverly written in a way that they want you to side with Walter from the start and therefore dislike his wife but over the course of the seasons that subtly shifts and puts the focus on Skyler and all of a sudden you find yourself rooting for her and hoping Walter gets what's coming to him haha.
I never felt like that about Walter. But you are right Skylars character arc was brilliant. By the end she became a very different person and you were able to sympathis with her. There was a patch as well where it almost felt as if they could make things work.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!