Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1837Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2011, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only £12. What a bargain at £6 a film, been after these two for ages.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 20th January 2011, 03:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went into Head today and picked up COMPANY OF WOLVES for £4 brand new! I was ecstatic.... A film I have been interested in watching for ages at a far better price than anything online stores are offering!

They have some other great deals on e.g. HARDWARE for £6. ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK for £5...HARDWARE looked very interesting but I thought I'd come home and research before buying as I know nothing about it except it was made by Richard Stanley, who made DUST DEVILS (starring the fantastic Zakes Mokae)! Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 20th January 2011, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too
Old 20th January 2011, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too
I concur. Bought it myself the other week on blu for a fiver.

You make it easy.
Old 20th January 2011, 04:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Love Hardware - personally prefer it to all of the Terminator films.

I have the US Severin Blu, which has the exclusive (and very good) No Flesh Shall Be Spared documentary.
Old 20th January 2011, 06:23 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?
I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.
Old 20th January 2011, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.
If you read the book on Palace Pictures, The Egos Have Landed, there's a brief mention of Hardware and an incident that took place when the production were filming at the then abandoned Roundhouse in Camden -Richard Stanley was really young (early twenties, I think) and quite inexperienced and the AD lost it with him and called him out in front of the entire crew!

For the record, I enjoyed HARDWARE a lot when I first saw it but haven't seen it since it was released on rental VHS exactly 20(!) years ago. I have the Severin Blu-ray but it remains unplayed at the mo...
Old 20th January 2011, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Same here, I loved it when it first emerged, but haven't seen it since. I don't own it...think I'll watch it again though, my interest has been piqued.
Old 21st January 2011, 06:38 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only £12. What a bargain at £6 a film, been after these two for ages.
Just popped on to post this exact same thing Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around £10 each. Winner.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolahrock View Post
Just popped on to post this exact same thing Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around £10 each. Winner.
I know, I'd been umming and arghing for ages whether to get them on the 2 for £25 deal at HMV, then last week they were on the 2 for £20 deal at HMV. Was so close to buying them too, then went and did my weekly shop at Tesco and found them both for £12. Last copy as well so it was one of those special moments that I knew it was for me, it was a sign.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!