Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 11:28 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 1, Episode 20: Elegy

Season 1, Episode 20: Elegy

Airdate: 19/02/60
Writer: Charles Beaumont
Director: Douglas Heyes
Starring: Cecil Kellaway, Jeff Morrow

When three astronauts land on an asteroid, they discover that everybody seems to be frozen in time. As they search for the explanation a man returns to life and explains everything.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for Elegy here!
Old 5th April 2011, 05:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There are so many episodes that seem to have the same core message as something like The Day the Earth Stood Still and it took me a while to figure out whether they had really landed on Earth, the subject of a huge joke or whether it was something worse.

It is quite funny when you see some of the people blinking that, for the time, the 'frozen in time' effects were done very well and this is definitely an episode that reflects the time in which it was made.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:16 AM
Cultist

Not one of my favourites this as mentioned before the 'statues' were terrible, blinking away and swaying! The main problem for me was the acting, apart from the old guy Mr Wickwire, the actors who play the 3 spacemen were truly awful. The older, dark haired guy was more wooden than one of the statues. Surprising really as the acting in the TZ is normally top notch.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ha, this is actually one of my favourites personally, I can live with the blinking and swaying actors, as I think it's such an original and deliciously morbid story with a classic sting in the tale.

Like this? Share it using the links below!