Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Twilight Zone (1960s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Season 1, Episode 34: The After Hours (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/twilight-zone-1960s-season-one-depth-episode-guide/4958-season-1-episode-34-after-hours.html)

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 10:44 AM

Season 1, Episode 34: The After Hours

Season 1, Episode 34: The After Hours

Airdate: 10/06/60
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Douglas Heyes
Starring: Ann Francis, Elizabeth Allen

Marsha White is browsing for a gift for her mother in a department store. After falling asleep and being locked inside, she discovers that she might not be who she thinks she is.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for The After Hours here!

sauronbaggins 5th April 2011 11:45 PM

The After Hours

Hands down, this is my favourite episode of TZ for a number of reasons
firstly Anne Francis pulls off the terror and curiosity of a woman confused about her own identity and is possibly one of the strongest female roles in The Twilight Zone, and Douglas Heyes direction is superb. The shot of the saleswoman mannequin reveal always shocks whoever i show the episode to. Also its the enigma of the unanswered questions, what was Marsha's "human" life like before she took the fateful trip back to the department store for the thimble? Is history going to repeat itself as the saleswoman takes her turn and will she return on time.........truly a classic TZ and definitely one of the best episodes

sauronbaggins 5th April 2011 11:53 PM

The After Hours

Also check out the comic version of this story, as it really fleshes out the story and has lots of clever little foreshadows of the climax

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 02:18 PM

Welcome to The Twilight Zone forum Sauron. It's been a while since I've watched The After Hours. I think I'll remedy that soon after your enthusiasm for it.

sauronbaggins 7th April 2011 08:39 PM

The After Hours

Thanks Tom, been listening for a while, you're doing a great job keep up the good work

Also, i'm certain one of the mannequins from After Hours is the famous clothes-changing dummy from The Time Machine which may have been filming at the same time at MGM

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauronbaggins (Post 141375)
Thanks Tom, been listening for a while, you're doing a great job keep up the good work

Also, i'm certain one of the mannequins from After Hours is the famous clothes-changing dummy from The Time Machine which may have been filming at the same time at MGM

Thank you! Great to have another listener here :)

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 12th April 2011 12:53 PM

Watched this earlier. Another great ep in season 1. There's something rather eery about mannequins when used well, and this did.

Going to try to watch the 80's version soon.

sauronbaggins 13th April 2011 09:22 PM

The After Hours

not particularly a fan of the 80s version, as it changes the slow menace of the original into a slasher movie and the story just doesnt need it

The Collector's Room 22nd April 2011 09:46 AM

I've also not seen the 80s version, but I'd be interested in tracking it down.

I love this episode. It's got a great intrigue to it and it is genuinly eery. As before mentioned, the comic book of this is also great.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th June 2011 08:56 PM

An excellent segment.
Truly creepy.
An excellent scene was where all the mannequins came to life.

One of the best so far.....:nod: