Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Original 1960s Show > Twilight Zone (1960s) Season One In-Depth Episode Guide

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 11:44 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Season 1, Episode 34: The After Hours

Season 1, Episode 34: The After Hours

Airdate: 10/06/60
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Douglas Heyes
Starring: Ann Francis, Elizabeth Allen

Marsha White is browsing for a gift for her mother in a department store. After falling asleep and being locked inside, she discovers that she might not be who she thinks she is.

Post your thoughts, reviews and comments about the episode and/or BD & DVD release for The After Hours here!
Old 5th April 2011, 11:45 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The After Hours

Hands down, this is my favourite episode of TZ for a number of reasons
firstly Anne Francis pulls off the terror and curiosity of a woman confused about her own identity and is possibly one of the strongest female roles in The Twilight Zone, and Douglas Heyes direction is superb. The shot of the saleswoman mannequin reveal always shocks whoever i show the episode to. Also its the enigma of the unanswered questions, what was Marsha's "human" life like before she took the fateful trip back to the department store for the thimble? Is history going to repeat itself as the saleswoman takes her turn and will she return on time.........truly a classic TZ and definitely one of the best episodes
Old 5th April 2011, 11:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The After Hours

Also check out the comic version of this story, as it really fleshes out the story and has lots of clever little foreshadows of the climax
Old 6th April 2011, 02:18 PM

Welcome to The Twilight Zone forum Sauron. It's been a while since I've watched The After Hours. I think I'll remedy that soon after your enthusiasm for it.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The After Hours

Thanks Tom, been listening for a while, you're doing a great job keep up the good work

Also, i'm certain one of the mannequins from After Hours is the famous clothes-changing dummy from The Time Machine which may have been filming at the same time at MGM
Old 9th April 2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauronbaggins View Post
Thanks Tom, been listening for a while, you're doing a great job keep up the good work

Also, i'm certain one of the mannequins from After Hours is the famous clothes-changing dummy from The Time Machine which may have been filming at the same time at MGM
Thank you! Great to have another listener here
Old 12th April 2011, 12:53 PM

Watched this earlier. Another great ep in season 1. There's something rather eery about mannequins when used well, and this did.

Going to try to watch the 80's version soon.
Old 13th April 2011, 09:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The After Hours

not particularly a fan of the 80s version, as it changes the slow menace of the original into a slasher movie and the story just doesnt need it
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:46 AM
Cultist

I've also not seen the 80s version, but I'd be interested in tracking it down.

I love this episode. It's got a great intrigue to it and it is genuinly eery. As before mentioned, the comic book of this is also great.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

An excellent segment.
Truly creepy.
An excellent scene was where all the mannequins came to life.

One of the best so far.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!