Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2010, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vip's all those Beyond Terror releases are just ports of the old Vipco ones.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th June 2010, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks for the info, I think i'll pass on those then.
Old 30th June 2010, 05:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

was not expecting this response!
what a film,character and weapon! APART from the raft scene,what is your favourite kill?
think id go for glazer,through the neck and then pinned to the tree! i believe tony maylam made this film,did he do any others?
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
but I do know it contains a 50 min documentary (English or German audio).
This being the enjoyable Tom Savini:Scream Greats featured on Arrow's Dawn BR release. A dated documentary but well worth watching imo.

The old school FX legend also pops up in Two Evil Eyes and the vastly underrated Innocent Blood.

The Burning remains one of my fave slasher films and the 'raft massacre' moment is a knockout! It's high time we had a decent U.K. DVD of this singed shocker.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
i believe tony maylam made this film,did he do any others?
I believe Maylam also helmed early '90s Rutger Hauer sci-fi/horror hybrid Split Second. Issued many moons ago on U.K. VHS by EIV.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:24 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
It would make for a sweet BluRay release. Cropsy's a brilliant character and The Burning is a classic . That and Hooper's Death Trap aka Eaten Alive are my 2 fav slasher's.
MGM have prepared an HD master for the US cable channel MonstersHD, so an HD master most certainly exists. But it took them long enough to put out a regular DVD and with MGM in such dire straits (not the band ) I doubt we'll see a BD anytime soon, unfortunately. But yes, put me down as a fan and the MGM disc will do for now.

As for Death Trap - didn't Dark Sky put out a 2-disc special edition of this recently?
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks for the info Daemonia.
That Dark Sky 2 disc set of Death Trap sounds good to me.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Since the German DVDs came up: The oldest editions by Laser Paradise are cut and they must be the worst DVDs I have ever seen in my life. You have to witness tgis picture quality in order to believe it. The Dragon / Raptor DVDs are uncut and better but still terrible.

There is one release I would recommend and that's done by Retrofilm. The picture quality is awesome, it's a 2 disc set and has the documentary as a bonus - but be aware: As of now, only the small hardbox is still available and there are fauly copies of it that do not, I repeat, do not contain English audio ... but if you can snatch a copy that does, this release is definitely something
Old 22nd July 2010, 05:47 PM
Cult Rookie

i've never seen it, have to pick up a copy, is ebay the best bet for it?
Old 22nd July 2010, 06:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

do you mean you have never seen the burning?
i believe you will be in for a treat when you do see it!
what a film,great effects,good killings [ wait until the raft scene ],good music and great camera work imo!
yep,have seen a few copies on e bay,but you must get the uncut version.one of vipcos is cut,cropsy on the cover i believe and the other vipco with just the title is uncut.there are other versions,see elsewhere in thread.
if you have seen it,and i have read your reply wrong,ignore me as i just lone this film!

Like this? Share it using the links below!